Search found 29 matches

by JagoBC
14 Apr 2012, 23:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Editor Question
Replies: 2
Views: 2179

Another question: How do you select an element to edit it after placing it and moving on to something else? Unlike in earlier versions (or a common, intuitive interface) simply clicking on an object does not select it. I figured it out once (you have to signify for the program which type of object y...
by JagoBC
13 Apr 2012, 23:35
Topic: Editor Question
Views: 2179

Editor Question

Has anyone figured out how to edit the custom maps that come with the game?
by JagoBC
12 Apr 2012, 08:10
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 154220

Can anyone direct me to a starter thread for this game? I've had it for about three or four days and can't make any sense of it at all. Talk about a lack of any sort of meaningful documentation! I've played every heroes game, and this one makes no sense. I was just playing a custom map with all the ...
by JagoBC
24 May 2010, 09:27
Topic: Using Map Editor with Wiindows 7
Views: 1823

it saves the new named file to the same virtual directory. The game still can't find the map.
by JagoBC
23 May 2010, 02:22
Topic: Using Map Editor with Wiindows 7
Views: 1823

Using Map Editor with Wiindows 7

Hopefully someone has already figured out the solution to this problem... When I edit a Map using the Heroes 7 editor, I tell it to save to my maps directory, but when I go to open the map subsequently, none of my changes are there. I searched the computer and found that (of course!) Windows 7 was s...
by JagoBC
30 May 2008, 20:43
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: checking to see if player is defeated
Replies: 1
Views: 1521

checking to see if player is defeated

OK.. So now that I know how to check for which players are human and which are AI, does anyone have some small loop or thread that I can run daily to see which players have been defeated? I thought my multiplayer map was finished, but on my last play i noticed toward the end of the game that I was g...
by JagoBC
10 May 2008, 09:19
Topic: Checking to see if human or AI
Replies: 9
Views: 4303

Wow, the one with the thread worked perfectly! Great stuff available on these boards!
by JagoBC
09 May 2008, 19:30

Thanks, I did end up using a variation of your script (you did not take into account that players could choose extra gold as a start bonus, but I simply set the test parameters to a range for each difficulty and it seemed to solve the problem)... Except On hard difficulty the computer appears to sta...
by JagoBC
09 May 2008, 03:13

thanks for the response. I will look at some scripts, I think I played seize the throne so should still have it. However, in the example, that script would only work for a single player map. My map is multiplayer (up to 3 humans), so while the current player may indeed always be human, the others wo...
by JagoBC
08 May 2008, 00:31
Topic: [H5] Custom objects tutorial
Replies: 13
Views: 14063

This tutorial doesn't make any sense to me. I am always changing object properties, and I begin by making a copy of the object (expand the shared field, highlight the file name of the object, and press Ctrl + C), creating a new folder within MapObjects, and then pasting the copy into the new folder ...
by JagoBC
07 May 2008, 23:41

Checking to see if human or AI

Does anyone know how to do this? It seemed like there used to be something along the lines of IsHuman, but I stopped working with the editor for a long while and appear to have forgotten.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
by JagoBC
20 Feb 2008, 01:16
Topic: My code's not working! any help?
Replies: 6
Views: 4612

Thanks!
by JagoBC
18 Feb 2008, 22:46

I have searched the website using the search function and also googled the name of the guide, but I can not find instructions on activating the console. Where on this site is it located? Does anyone have a link?
by JagoBC
16 Feb 2008, 19:11

yes, I thought of that and disabled all the other code except the two lines that transform the town and redirect the trigger; the same thing happened. I really believe that it simply won't allow redirecting a trigger function call from inside the function currently called by that same trigger. Suppo...
by JagoBC
16 Feb 2008, 18:57
Topic: console in TotE - troubleshooting
Views: 6100

Can anyone point me to the step-by-step instructions for displaying the console? I recall I did this back with HOF, but I have forgotten how.

Thanks.
by JagoBC
07 Feb 2008, 02:28

My code's not working! any help?

I put the following code in the script section to change a necromancer town to haven upon capture: function TransN2H() TransformTown("NH", 0); SetObjectFlashlight("NH", "NewHavenLight"); SetAIPlayerAttractor("NH", 6, 2); Trigger(OBJECT_CAPTURE_TRIGGER, "N...
by JagoBC
24 Apr 2007, 06:48
Topic: Text Variables in Message/Question Boxes
Views: 2303

Ge-esh! When I first read your response I thought I was gonna have to create a text file for every freakin' creature in the game. Fortunately I stopped and thought for a minute and realized they must already exist somewhere and I was right. I just needed to refernce the correct files in the database...
by JagoBC
24 Apr 2007, 06:42
Topic: Limiting Options on Random Town Maps
Replies: 0
Views: 1555

Limiting Options on Random Town Maps

Has anyone managed to limit a player's choices when selecting a race on a map that has that player's starting town set to random? For instance, I made a map and want to limit Red to being either haven or sylvan, blue to being either Inferno or Academy and Brown to being either Necro or Dwarf. But I ...
by JagoBC
06 Apr 2007, 01:30
Topic: Text Variables in Message/Question Boxes
Views: 2303

Text Variables in Message/Question Boxes

Has anyone been able to make variables that contain text strings appear in a questionbox? For instance, the following text file is created and saved as a resource file called TextFile.txt: Would you like to sacrifice <value=GNumber> <value=GName>? it is evoked with the following code: QuestionBox({&...
by JagoBC
02 Apr 2007, 00:23
Topic: H5 Editor problems
Replies: 12
Views: 10867

Of course the most distressing possibility is that it actually looks that way on everybody's computers but we have all grown so accustomed to this game's little glitches that no one thought to mention it...

Go to advanced search