Search found 46 matches

by ^Dagon^
Jan 8 2019, 17:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 645
Views: 162847

Re: MMExtension v2.1 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [Apr 22, 2016]

Hi! How do I use the MMExtension2.2? I really want to delve into scripting but I don't know where to start. I mean what do I have to download and where do I put it? Do I just unpack it inside MM6 installation folder? Some of you may find the question silly but I am new to this and my search on the i...
by ^Dagon^
Jan 4 2019, 14:36
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Spell modding in MM6
Replies: 0
Views: 473

Spell modding in MM6

Hi! I just delved into MM6 modding and quickly grasped a great deal of it (I am an experienced modder). I would like to save some time so I ask if someone knows where the spell parameters are located. I have already found out that they are not inside some table like the ones used for creatures, item...
by ^Dagon^
Apr 26 2011, 21:58
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 31992

No, it is not sarcasm. I really love Heroes 5, I fail to find a reason not to. It combines diversity with the core spirit of the series. It feels like playing a Heroes game (unlike Heroes 4 which was good but not so 'Heroes').
by ^Dagon^
Apr 25 2011, 22:11
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 31992

I always thought Heroes 2 to be the best of the series until Heroes 5 came in and... wow! I still can't believe they made a game with so much strategic depth, full of fresh and good ideas. As for the balance some complain about, Heroes 5 is pretty easy to edit, though I think changing too much won't...
by ^Dagon^
Mar 11 2009, 16:12
Topic: After the installation of HoF 2.1 patch, mods don't work!
Replies: 9
Views: 1646

Isn't this just for TotE?

I thought common *.pak files would do the job as in HOMM standard and HoF 2.0.
by ^Dagon^
Mar 11 2009, 10:54

Creation time is the time you copy the file from one source to another.

Modification time is the time of the original file's creation. This doesn't change no matter how many times you copy the file. The only way to change this is to use a time stamp editor.
by ^Dagon^
Mar 11 2009, 6:40

The mod files are newer than the patch files. To be more specific I will give an example: Landlord.xdb (MOD) Created: 25/9/2008 Modified: 25/9/2008 Landlord.xdb (patch) Created: 10/3/2009 Modified: 27/1/2007 In such a case, isn't the MOD file supposed to work on top of the patch file?
by ^Dagon^
Mar 10 2009, 15:57

After the installation of HoF 2.1 patch, mods don't work!

I installed the 2.1 HoF patch and mods I have made don't work anymore! I checked their properties and their modification time is later than the 2.1 patch, yet they simply don't work.

Can you help me a bit?
by ^Dagon^
Mar 10 2009, 15:55
Topic: I can't install the HoF 2.1 patch
Replies: 3
Views: 2527

Ok, I found the problem. I have used Norton Ghost to renew my hard drive. The game was installed on another hard drive and it remained almost untouched. Almost. It even run normally after that. But as always some game files were put into the hard drive where the Windows are installed (that's the har...
by ^Dagon^
Mar 9 2009, 15:51
Topic: I can't install the HoF 2.1 patch
Views: 2527

I can't install the HoF 2.1 patch

When I try to install the HoF 2.1 patch it errors out saying 'Cannot Install Hammers of Fate: Original game not found'.

Thing is, I have the original CD (bought it from Amazon), European version, yet the patch refuses to get installed.

Any ideas?
by ^Dagon^
Oct 17 2008, 13:51
Topic: Editing duel heroes
Views: 2309

Thank you so much! I couldn't imagine the files were there!
by ^Dagon^
Oct 17 2008, 10:19
Topic: Bugged maps in HoF.
Replies: 2
Views: 764

Ok! Thanks a lot!
by ^Dagon^
Oct 17 2008, 10:16
Topic: Editing duel heroes
Views: 2309

Editing duel heroes

Hi guys! Is there a way to edit duel heroes? Where exactly are their files located in the standard game and in the expansions?
by ^Dagon^
Oct 3 2008, 14:39
Topic: Bugged maps in HoF.
Replies: 2
Views: 764

Bugged maps in HoF.

When I try to play one of the old maps (not Hof) with Fortress, I start with no hero and in the town's tavern there is never a Runemage to hire. Is this a bug? Is there a way to fix it?
by ^Dagon^
Sep 26 2008, 21:18
Topic: HOMIII Complete (not Wake of the Gods) vs. TOTE
Replies: 23
Views: 3950

I can't believe it!

Come on guys, how can you consider Heroes 3 a better game? It didn't had any diversion at all. All races were equal (which is not bad) and similar (which is very very bad). All towns had a might and a magic hero. All heroes could learn all abilities (except Leadership for Necromancer). Creatures sto...
by ^Dagon^
Sep 25 2008, 13:37
Topic: HOMIII Complete (not Wake of the Gods) vs. TOTE
Replies: 23
Views: 3950

Lol! Heroes 5 is way better than Heroes 3 in almost all aspects, especially gameplay. As for the second place, I would seriously considered Heroes 2 (Heroes 2 >>> Heroes 3, much more fun). The biggest problem wirth Heroes 3 was the pitiful strategy diversion because all races were almost equal in ar...
by ^Dagon^
Sep 22 2008, 18:52
Topic: Time tag editor
Views: 1547

Time tag editor

For a modified file to work the time tags need to be edited so it appears as the newest one. Does anyone knows a good editor to mass edit the time tags of files?
by ^Dagon^
Aug 28 2008, 9:58
Topic: Shadow to Red Dragon mod
Views: 1755

Shadow to Red Dragon mod

Does anyone knows where to find this mod? And I don't mean the one linked in the sticky post above (the coloring is mediocre at best).
by ^Dagon^
Aug 25 2008, 9:01
Topic: Where can I find older versions of the Skillwheel?
Views: 467

Where can I find older versions of the Skillwheel?

I don't have the expansions yet and there seems to be quite a difference on heroes' skill trees between different versions of the game. Any help will be appreciated.
by ^Dagon^
Aug 25 2008, 8:57
Topic: Old mods from the Elrath forums are gone!
Views: 613

Old mods from the Elrath forums are gone!

It is well known that the Elrath forums were full of excellent mods, like the mod converting the Shadow Dragon to Red Dragon (my favorite). But they cleared all the posts (including those with the links) because of several spam problems they had and the mods are gone! Does anyone knows where can I f...

Go to advanced search