Search found 51 matches

by Mirage
Dec 4 2006, 6:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: RMG random starting town question
Replies: 2
Views: 1485

I'm not even sure that we can make templates. I won't be too worried about making templates once I figure this out. In the meantime I've been deciding with my friend what Towntype he wants to use before the match then we go into the RMG and create a random map based on the template while specifying ...
by Mirage
Dec 3 2006, 22:53
Topic: RMG random starting town question
Replies: 2
Views: 1485

RMG random starting town question

I'd like to make some 2v2 and 3v3 allied maps for hotseat where you can choose whatever town type you want. This is what I've done: I go into map editor and create random map with the appropriate# of players. I can assign the players to the right teams, but the RMG automatically chooses the town typ...
by Mirage
Dec 3 2006, 22:47
Topic: Help RMG Hotseat ALiies
Replies: 4
Views: 1881

Make sure you are using the HoF map editor, not the standard heroes 5 one. Under "tools" then "create random map" at the top.
by Mirage
Jun 23 2006, 20:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Is there a way to make heroes IV not suck?
Replies: 19
Views: 6322

[On-topic: you should install Equilibrius as it fixes many balancing isus. Few tips: -don't play barbarian campaign. That one is boring as the hell (tnakfully, it is short). I recomend playing Emilias campaign. First map is pain in the ***, but other 7 maps are great and the storyline is excelent. ...
by Mirage
Jun 23 2006, 18:49

Thanks for all the replies. Good to know how to change the formations, that should prove helpful thanks for the tip DL.

Is it recommended to install the equilibrius mod, or should I give the game more time as is first?

Thanks again.
by Mirage
Jun 23 2006, 16:28

Is there a way to make heroes IV not suck?

Is there a patch or something out to improve this game. I have h4 complete, I decided to give it another shot because I've been enjoying h5 since release and people keep saying h4 is much better. I had h4 at release but when it was released it was barely playable and I think it had no multiplayer/ho...
by Mirage
Jun 23 2006, 16:03
Topic: For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gold?
Replies: 62
Views: 11050

I don't think Homm5 is that bugged, especially compared to other games today. Do you remember homm3 version 1.0? I sympatize, companies these days sell unfinished games, and it's a trend. But we wouldn't be in this situation as gamers if we simply didn't tolerate such bs. Companies are able to put ...
by Mirage
Jun 21 2006, 1:44
Topic: Sylvan Campaign Mission 5 - The Vampire Lord 5-5, 5:5 Guide
Replies: 51
Views: 15689

well if you have explored most of the underground then you should have the two necropolis castles down there as well. I had light magic with my hero which was the only difference and I loved using mass haste and mass rightous might, it may have made a big difference but I'm not sure.
by Mirage
Jun 16 2006, 7:18
Topic: Heroes V Easter Eggs
Replies: 73
Views: 28775

This is why it iritates me:When they bought the game they decided to destroy the entire universe and begin from zero.Ok,I was sad,but if that was needed to get the so much desired sequel,so be it.But then the game came out.And it was average,not fulfilling my high expectations.This could pass if th...
by Mirage
Jun 16 2006, 6:11
Topic: Are the campaigns "fun" or just frustrating?
Replies: 24
Views: 5642

I'd say about 80% fun and 20% frustrating. They are a good opportunity to get to know the factions and the story while it isn't inspiring is about on par with what you expect in campaigns at release.
by Mirage
Jun 15 2006, 20:40
Topic: Man this game rocks! (yes it does)
Replies: 29
Views: 5895

It seems to me that people that primarily played 3 instead of 4 are enjoying 5 much more. I never got in to 4 after playing the shoddy game it was at release and I find heroes 5 very enjoyable. Then again there seems to be many people that just like to hate a new game in a series and say how much be...
by Mirage
Jun 15 2006, 15:45
Topic: did you ever get ultimate in campaign?
Replies: 30
Views: 7954

I haven't got it on any so far, but I'm trying for it in academy. But I've very nearly fully upgraded enlightenment and summoning magic and I still haven't been offered attack. Hope it comes soon or else I'll have to abandon the effort. Uh oh. The same for me - I'm level 17 in 2nd scenario and stil...
by Mirage
Jun 15 2006, 1:24
Topic: Name the Units you Find Overpowered!!!
Replies: 57
Views: 11472

Master Hunters are fairly overpowered I would say

Paladins do a ton of dmg considering they have such high initiative and movement.

Succubi and the chainshot + shot retaliation are a bit crazy as well.

but really I can't say that they should be nerfed at this point. Too early to tell.
by Mirage
Jun 15 2006, 0:29
Topic: The hero screen - moddable?
Replies: 23
Views: 4774

Umm the paper doll system? Please explain what exactly this is and why you want it so bad. For some reason I can't really think of it, but I haven't played much heroes 3 or 4 lately. Is is just the image of the hero with the squares on the locations of their bodies where the artifacts go.... I'm sur...
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 15:45
Topic: HOMM2 vs. HOMM3
Replies: 51
Views: 16238

Since the poll is asking which game did I enjoy more, NOT which game is better I'm going to have to vote heroes2. If the poll was asking which game was better then I think I would have to vote for heroes 3. I enjoyed both games very much though. The skill system and AI in 3 was superior and that add...
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 4:21
Topic: Titan evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 24223

I actually like the heroes 5 titan. Although the heroes 4 titan is one of the few heroes 4 units that look good. I don't care for heroes 3 and the heroes 2 titan is nostalgic but a little too blocky for my taste.
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 4:08
Topic: hydra evolution
Replies: 85
Views: 30390

BenchBreaker wrote:personally, i think the h4 hydra doesn't look mean enough and somehow looks very weak..

I totally agree. The h4 hydra looks like a salamander that you could squish. I like the h2 and h5 models the best.
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 3:58
Topic: Archer evolution
Replies: 68
Views: 26418

Voted h5 archer very nice looking archer.
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 3:51
Topic: Griffin Evolution
Replies: 76
Views: 27575

H5 unupgraded is fantastic. Heroes 2 and 3 are tied for second. I dont care for either 1 or 4. I guess you either really like the 4 art style or like me absolutely loathe it for most creatures.
by Mirage
Jun 14 2006, 3:43
Topic: Black Dragon Evolution
Replies: 52
Views: 32620

I like them all, but I have to say the heroes 2 one has the most nostalgia for me, but the h5 one looks very good. I don't care much for the h4 dragon, did it fly when it moved or walk, I can't recall.

Go to advanced search