Search found 12 matches

by Snap
13 Sep 2006, 23:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 1.2 cheats: newest command
Replies: 46
Views: 21616

This isn't a cheat, but since so many people are interested in getting the skills they want for their hero, there is a harder, though more honest way to do it. You can mod the skill tree to exclude some skills and abilities, so that you are more likely to get the skills that you do want. The files t...
by Snap
16 Jun 2006, 06:54
Topic: necropolis campaign: the invasion map
Replies: 4
Views: 2631

Re: necropolis campaign: the invasion map

ive been working thru the campaign, but got stuck on this map. i'd like to know how most of you got thru it. the biggest problem i encountered: how the hell did u defeatl the elven army?? You only need to defeat their main hero, what's-his-face. I did this with Markal late in the game, when the gre...
by Snap
15 Jun 2006, 18:45
Topic: when would you choose more than 1 magic type?
Replies: 15
Views: 4659

Sourcery + Magic Insight is a must for anyone, and it gives you access to all tier 3 spells, including Phantom Forces. With that there's less need for more than one magic school. Summoning Magic is a one-trick pony: other than Conjuration, its other sub-skills are useless (when was the last time you...
by Snap
15 Jun 2006, 14:57
Topic: Corrupted savegames ?
Replies: 23
Views: 14666

My game crashes constantly when saving OR loading any resource, including savegames (well, a few times per scenario, usually). This has taught me to either use autosave, or save manually in alternating autosave slots, and in named slots a few times per scenario.
by Snap
08 Jun 2006, 14:44
Topic: sylvan mission 1 how???
Replies: 8
Views: 2956

'K, thanks. Playing scenario 2 now.
by Snap
07 Jun 2006, 22:28
Topic: sylvan mission 1 how???
Replies: 8
Views: 2956

Just because the other posts haven't been totally clear... if you lose the garrisons it doesn't matter. They're just a distraction. You must retake the garrison before the next one is taken, otherwise you lose. Happened to me: two garrisons were attacked within three days and I didn't have time to ...
by Snap
07 Jun 2006, 02:38
Topic: dungeon campaign last mission
Replies: 2
Views: 1589

You don't have to fight Grawl on this map - just try to avoid him. If you can't avoid him and can't win against him, then you are screwed - reload :(
by Snap
06 Jun 2006, 14:16
Topic: Necro Campaign Mission 5: The Traitor
Replies: 46
Views: 13407

Am I the only one who flew over the hills right into Godric territory on angels' wings? I didn't even know you were supposed to fight some Rakshasas - I never even tried entering through the door :D I finished this scenario in 3-4 weeks.
by Snap
04 Jun 2006, 15:47
Topic: Elemental Chains in Dungeon Castle
Replies: 14
Views: 5798

For a very well put together explanation of elemental chains, I like this explanation: http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/ability_elemental_chains.shtml Finally! The missing manual :) The only thing it doesn't explain are actual elemental chains - but I've read about them elsewhere. BTW, ...
by Snap
01 Jun 2006, 04:10
Topic: Some insight from poking in data.pak
Replies: 15
Views: 5741

data.pak is not "hardcoded" - it's simply a way to store data files in a compressed archive, so that they take up less space on your hard drive. You can actually unpack all files into a directory structure and delete data.pak - the game will use the unpacked files. The way it typically wor...
by Snap
26 May 2006, 17:33
Topic: Haven campaign
Replies: 42
Views: 12912

Never mind, I found what was wrong. The game uses the same cursor for inaccessible regions as for unexplored terrain, which makes it easy to miss a corner. Bottom line: try exploring all darkened regions, even if it looks as if they are inaccessible.
by Snap
26 May 2006, 05:05
Topic: Haven campaign
Replies: 42
Views: 12912

Man, I hate this pixel-hunting! I have scoured the entire map, killed all hostile stacks, secured all buildings, built all upgrades - the damn thing WON'T END! :S

Or coud this be a bug?

Are there cheats for this game? I sure could use one right now!

Go to advanced search