Search found 14 matches

by davhey
16 May 2010, 21:18
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: AB or SoD?
Replies: 7
Views: 2946

AB or SoD?

Just finished all the campaigns in H3. Whew.

I thought I would go to AB next, but it seems a lot of folks don't like those campaigns. Any thoughts? If I skip AB will I miss out on the story?
by davhey
17 Dec 2007, 13:39
Forum: News
Topic: HoMM Kingdoms Announced
Replies: 80
Views: 27230

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Me - I'll take a wait and see approach. Not too excited so far, but there might be more to this. More heroes is always better.

Still, I knew what the tone of most of the comments would be before I read them. Optimism would find no home here.
by davhey
18 Dec 2006, 23:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 5 Allied maps
Replies: 5
Views: 31553

Heroes 5 Allied maps

Hi all, My wife and I are life long Heroes players, all the way back to #1. We love to play Heroes V, but have run out of maps to play MP. We only like to team up against other computers. I have HOF, but I can't seem to generate team maps. Are there any allied maps for download that someone could re...
by davhey
15 Oct 2006, 11:21
Topic: Town Problem
Replies: 21
Views: 6622

Ack - I have this exact same problem. Updated my drivers, have tried every setting change - no luck.

Oh and before DaemianLucifer comes in with his 9 millionth rant about how much he hates the game - I still like it :P
by davhey
14 Oct 2006, 18:25
Topic: Odd graphics issues: 2 castles blacked out
Replies: 10
Views: 2832

Odd graphics issues: 2 castles blacked out

I am seeing a weird issue. When I enter the Nature or Wizard castles only they are all shaded out and black. All the other castles look fine. I have all the latest patches and drivers.

Other than this the game looks great. I have changed every setting that I can think of.

Has anyone else seen this?
by davhey
20 Jul 2006, 21:27
Topic: Patch 1.2 Now Available
Replies: 55
Views: 15301

Patch 1.2 Now Available

While I am happy to have the HoF... it is a bit underwhelming to look at. It also seems to be per map.... though I'll need to finish a map to prove that out.
by davhey
20 Jul 2006, 16:33

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Yeah I'm psyched the Hall of Fame is back. Always one of my favorite features.
by davhey
20 Jul 2006, 16:29

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Yes, the auto-update is from START->PROGRAMS->UBISOFT->HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIV V->CHECK FOR UPDATES
by davhey
06 Jul 2006, 23:39
Topic: Heroes Still in the Top Ten
Replies: 10
Views: 3601

Heroes Still in the Top Ten

Don't give up on TBS just yet. Civ 4 had a nice run on the top 10, just fell off a week or two ago.
by davhey
06 Jul 2006, 18:53
Topic: Patch 1.2 News
Replies: 42
Views: 15832

Patch 1.2 News

Campaigner: Lets not foget that to make these patches the developers have to 'buy' time from thier management to work on something (a patch) that -does not generate revenue-. Working in the software industry myself, I can tell you thats a hard sell. I am sure these developers are being forced to do ...
by davhey
06 Jul 2006, 11:55
Topic: Patch 1.2 News
Replies: 42
Views: 15832

Patch 1.2 News

Sigh. If they rushed it and it wasn't up to snuff you would complain. If they take thier time to get it right you would complain. I swear, I have never seen more pissing and moaning from a player community. Most games release bugged, get one patch only and have no developer who will talk to the comm...
by davhey
27 May 2006, 03:07
Topic: Help with Campaign 1 mission 2
Replies: 5
Views: 2071

Head north from the first intersection, the town there is reachable in about 4 days. Don't forget to save the queen, she is in a tower just to the northeast of that town.
by davhey
26 May 2006, 14:43
Topic: 2 things you to know about H5 if you havent bought yet
Replies: 8
Views: 3585

2 things you to know about H5 if you havent bought yet

Yes, these are silly minor points to most, but not to me. I always want to know this about games, yet you never know until you buy them. #1 - After launching, you don't need the CD in the drive to play. IN a house with four PCs and 4 Heroes addicts, this is essential #2 - It alt-tabs to Windows nice...
by davhey
25 May 2006, 19:42
Topic: Disk2 - I didn't use???
Replies: 21
Views: 6022

I installed on both my PCs and neither time did I need CD2. Game runs fine so far

Go to advanced search