Search found 15 matches

by Sermil
Jun 19 2009, 19:23
Forum: News
Topic: A First Clash of Heroes Preview
Replies: 23
Views: 5723

A First Clash of Heroes Preview

>> "Puzzle Quest" clone with much worse graphics Umm, I think there were Infocom games with better graphics than Puzzle Quest. I mean, I loved the first game, but the graphics were pretty much two static pictures and a generic jewels. Anyway, I went & checked it out at E3. They had a playable demo o...
by Sermil
Jun 15 2006, 23:36
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Forgotten games of Might and Magic
Replies: 20
Views: 20585

Actually, the sad thing was, Legends of Might and Magic was a "real" Might and Magic game; that is, it was made a New World with the involvement of JVC, not by some disconnected group up at 3DO headquarters. Apparently, it started life a very ambitious and, frankly, cool-sounding game, a bit like Ne...
by Sermil
Apr 28 2006, 0:15
Topic: Five Haven Heroes Revealed
Replies: 25
Views: 4679

Eight Haven Heroes Revealed

See, this is what I liked about H4 dropping specialties -- the biographies could be interesting instead of just "This is what my special is, and this is why I get that special" :-P
by Sermil
Apr 5 2006, 23:40
Topic: Heroes V Mini Game Launches
Replies: 42
Views: 9095

Heroes V Mini Game Launches

I notice that if you fight 1 angel vs 50 peasants, you'll never kill more than 1 peasant per battle -- in other words, you can only kill (your number) of units / round. I hope that's not in the real game or battles are going to take forever!!!
by Sermil
Nov 1 2005, 21:30
Topic: Another Nival Q&A Update
Replies: 26
Views: 4940

Wah! Teen rating! (I didn't think it would happen, but I was hoping for something my kids could enjoy, like they enjoy Heroes IV and III.)
by Sermil
Oct 10 2005, 20:09
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Bridge Town
Replies: 13
Views: 5030

I've seen it... It was a known bug in H4, but we marked "Not goin' to be fixed" because we didn't have the time and the mapmakers "shouldn't do that".
by Sermil
Oct 7 2005, 19:17
Topic: Heroes IV CCG Best Seller
Replies: 3
Views: 1595

Might want to have a link to the official site in the links page. Would make it easier for people to get to.
Just sayin'
by Sermil
Oct 3 2005, 20:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Shocking Hot Potion Mod
Replies: 4
Views: 2882

Darn it, took you guys long enough to find it.... I mean, of course we were shocked -- SHOCKED -- that this experimental code was still in the game when it shipped, and have no idea how it made it onto the CD.

Now, where's our AO rating and endless months of media coverage? ;-)
by Sermil
Sep 27 2005, 6:01
Topic: Academy and Sylvan artwork
Replies: 53
Views: 10746

Actually, the gargoyle reminds me of some of the enemies from that last Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess trailer & screenshots e.g. http://www.nintendo.com/screenshotlarge?galleryNo=1&gameid=fce85fe2-688f-4276-a3c2-84e0f270ab8b&gallerytype=screenshotgallery&id=f7ae0f35-724d-439d-bf2f-d...
by Sermil
May 24 2005, 4:20
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fabrice Q&A (E3)
Replies: 37
Views: 11387

>"MN: What are the planned system requirements? (Moonman) > >FC: Nothing settled yet, but we're targeting what was considered an >average system around Christmas 2003." > >Whow. Is't that too low? They are getting close to disappointing >another cathegory of gamers here: the maniacs that always have...
by Sermil
May 23 2005, 20:16
Topic: More E3 Reports from the Old Makers
Replies: 15
Views: 5709

Fabrice was very clear that the only way to defeat a hero was to defeat the entire army he was leading. They can't be hurt or targetted directly.
by Sermil
May 23 2005, 7:02
Topic: Sir Mullich's Preview
Replies: 12
Views: 3842

Otherwise, I don't really have much to add to David's review. I shared several of his concerns, like not being able to 'read' the town display easily, and especially that the combat map was too small which would throw the delicate balance between fast units, archers, and slow units off. I'm very gla...
by Sermil
May 23 2005, 6:38
Topic: Sir Mullich's Preview
Replies: 12
Views: 3842

In response to Crusard & scripting on the combat map: I went to see the demo too (first thing Wednesday morning, nat). I noticed that there was a little line of text like "Script running" and "Script stopped" at the top of the combat screen. (Fabrice stopped the script so he could discuss things tha...
by Sermil
Apr 28 2005, 17:06
Topic: Heroes V Preview in Gamestar
Replies: 11
Views: 3561

Unfortunate, but not surprising. Heroes in combat were fun, but it was hard to find a balance between "fragile little eggs which break at the first hit" and "unstoppable killing machines". H3 heroes were much easier (and the announcement didn't say anything about commander-type units). I find the hi...
by Sermil
Feb 5 2005, 2:10
Topic: Game Reviews
Replies: 9
Views: 3467

If you want even more reviews, head over to Metacritic (e.g. http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... tandmagic4). That's the score that most developers really look at, to balance out all the quirks of various reviewers.

Go to advanced search