Search found 11 matches

by masotime
26 Aug 2015, 20:19
Forum: News
Topic: H7 Beta Round #2
Replies: 6
Views: 4000

Re: H7 Beta Round #2

Humble bundle weekly has a beta key for $1 (amongst other great might and magic deals)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
by masotime
27 Jan 2014, 02:35
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic X
Replies: 258
Views: 144998

I had a lot of grief getting to the Crag just to gain access to many of the elemental masters (playing an all caster party with one each from every race). One spell that helped me a lot is Sleep from the Dark Magic Expert school. The duration is "infinite" unlike Time Stasis or Ice Prison ...
by masotime
14 Dec 2011, 12:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HATE IT
Replies: 14
Views: 10075

Yup... I played all the campaigns (although not every variant of the final one) before trying the Skirmish maps. They're definitely harder because of the annoying precision in which the AI moves on the map.
by masotime
05 Dec 2011, 03:18
Topic: The best artifacts in the game
Replies: 6
Views: 7402

The best artifacts in the game

For me personally, I find that I can't do without the artifacts below. Robe of Sar Issus (1/2 cost on all spells) - given how difficult it is to regenerate mana now (the dragon wells are the only way to get to full, and that's only once a week), I find it invaluable to have this robe on any Magic he...
by masotime
06 Nov 2011, 03:05
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24119

Just to play devil's advocate, this is the one thing you don't need it for anymore, since we got Town Portals :D Town Portals are definitely very cool, but casting it uses up a fair amount of movement points. I've had situations where an enemy hero is 10 steps from my town, but after town portallin...
by masotime
05 Nov 2011, 23:45
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24119

Logistics is a no brainer. Just being able to move that little bit more to catch that annoying enemy hero rushing towards your base is priceless. Time Stasis is an excellent spell since it almost always works and you can attack the unit without breaking the spell or experiencing retaliation. Most o...
by masotime
12 Apr 2007, 02:04
Topic: Performance Tweaking Utility
Replies: 26
Views: 9335

Performance Tweaking Utility

Interesting.... so the AI movement speed actually affects the turns, even when they are not visible on the map? (i.e. still in the fog of war). Ok, I will do a bit more fiddling :) BTW even at 1000 the turns still take 2-5 seconds for each player (there are a lot of these pauses where all the game a...
by masotime
11 Apr 2007, 13:28
Topic: Performance Tweaking Utility
Replies: 26
Views: 9335

Performance Tweaking Utility

I set it to 1000 and it made one of Myythryyn's extra-large maps a whole lot more playable :) Unfortunately, 6000 and 24000 weren't short enough, especially given the large number of AI players.
by masotime
28 Sep 2006, 10:12
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51616

Spell sequencer

Although this isn't really related to boosting early-game Academy strength, I was thinking it might be nice to introduce an element which would make use of the large mana pools that Academy heroes normally have. This involves allowing a hero to cast multiple spells simultaneously, like the spell seq...
by masotime
19 Jun 2006, 04:33
Topic: CH Heroes 5 Manual Complete!
Replies: 66
Views: 27016

CH Heroes 5 Manual Complete!

Stunning! Magnificent! Incredible! The sheet amount of detail about game mechanics is amazing! CH must have done a lot of research to uncover the details.
by masotime
07 Jun 2006, 00:04
Forum: Articles
Topic: First Heroes V Patch Now Available
Replies: 86
Views: 39307

Why is everyone so incredibly negative about the patch? :|

Go to advanced search