Search found 137 matches

by Dublex
18 Nov 2006, 17:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Buying Hammers of Fate?
Replies: 45
Views: 13670

I bought it because I'm a diehard fan of the Heroes series (why else would I have bought an american edition import to the UK so I could get Wake of Gods to work) and because its nice to see the dwarves in to balance things.
by Dublex
18 Nov 2006, 17:43
Topic: Renegade Faction?
Replies: 9
Views: 4128

Renegade Faction?

I just bought Hammers of Fate today, and is this "Renegade" Haven facion just a bunch of different Haven units? I just thought I would ask as I see Fortress is in as an actual selection, but I was wondering when the renegades show up. This is for people who have played for more than about ...
by Dublex
27 Jul 2006, 09:17
Forum: Articles
Topic: Utopia in a Month
Replies: 135
Views: 54293

First Month Utopia

I'm sorry, but if I caught anyone using this early on I would deem them as cheating and boot them from a game I was hosting, as strategy or not, its an exploit.
by Dublex
27 Jul 2006, 09:08
Topic: Imbue arrow not working
Replies: 25
Views: 7861

Bad luck, or picking other choices I guess.
by Dublex
21 Jul 2006, 10:51
Topic: Where is the overview of captured mines?
Replies: 7
Views: 3294

That will possibly happen, althogh it seems as though the way it is now is a design intention and maybe not an oversight.
by Dublex
27 Jun 2006, 09:34
Topic: Amazon.co.uk's Heroes V Complete delivery area expanded
Replies: 2
Views: 1714

Useful, I guessed there are, just need to update the description :D

It still could point towards opening up freely to the US and beyond though.

A pretty good collection overall in my opinion.
by Dublex
27 Jun 2006, 09:20
Topic: Amazon.co.uk's Heroes V Complete delivery area expanded
Replies: 2
Views: 1714

Amazon.co.uk's Heroes V Complete delivery area expanded

I just thought I would let everyone know that the Heroes V delivery area has been expanded to most of Europe. If you didn't know already, Heroes V complete contains all the heroes games from I-V with all the expansions. The only downside is that it only comes with the Heroes V paper manual and a Her...
by Dublex
25 Jun 2006, 11:55
Topic: Heroes V review/thoughts
Replies: 15
Views: 5893

You don't really need the stuff about the factions in there as its too far in depth, and at the moment its less of a review and more of a rant, as reviews do mention redeeming features of the game but then explain why they aren't enough to save it or if its a really good game why the game stands out...
by Dublex
23 Jun 2006, 13:57
Topic: For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gold?
Replies: 62
Views: 15801

Re: For the love of god, how could such a bugged game go gol

Sorry for the rant. I really do love the game, but the campaign is just getting so bugged it is more than ridiculous. And the storyline is going downhill fast, too. How could Ubisoft permit the sale of this 5th version, when there are still SO many bugs that can prevent you from finishing campaign ...
by Dublex
19 Jun 2006, 14:09
Topic: Manual
Replies: 81
Views: 35428

Manual

OK I concede the location point as I went and checked a book, but are the icons necessary? wouldn't just the users text be enough?

Don't mean to be so challenging but I feel it just slightly brings down the feel to an otherwise excellent compilation
by Dublex
19 Jun 2006, 13:14
Topic: Manual
Replies: 81
Views: 35428

Manual

Should the thanks / compiling credits at the beginning of the document be moved to end of the document? As then it would look more professional and less backslapping. Or at least remove the forum icons. Angel's inital comment is fine where it is though as a preface kind of thing. Edited on Mon, Jun ...
by Dublex
19 Jun 2006, 12:23
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: MOD: Wait+Load Buttons (thread is outdated)
Replies: 34
Views: 18104

The wait button could have been easy to put in, but I suppose having a load button in multiplay could make stuff sticky.

I assume the load button is deactivated in multiplay?
by Dublex
19 Jun 2006, 12:16
Topic: Too much luck in the Tactics phase!
Replies: 30
Views: 7167

I don't think the battlefield structure could be extended now (its hard coded) but I guess he speed limit could be fairly easily changed so that is more balanced.
by Dublex
09 Jun 2006, 12:27
Forum: News
Topic: Nival Answers Again
Replies: 46
Views: 13898

Nival Answers Again

I thought that descriptions of creatures abiliites would be imporant to include straight away, but hey, what do I know :)
by Dublex
09 Jun 2006, 10:23
Forum: News
Topic: New Map: The Quest of Sir Markus
Replies: 12
Views: 4506

New Map: The Quest of Sir Markus

Heroes 3 is one of the defining TBS games for me, mainly because it has so many towns and tactics to use.

But I'll have to give this map a try when I get home later
by Dublex
09 Jun 2006, 08:42
Topic: Ghosts in multiplayer
Replies: 7
Views: 3723

Revenged wrote:Sure...but I wanna know. :D
Then, the only way to be sure is to look at the data files yourself :D
by Dublex
09 Jun 2006, 08:34
Topic: Motherload Suggestions For Patches and Expansions!!!
Replies: 24
Views: 7179

The bugs are likely to be fixed but the other things are unlikely to be changed, as its likely that Nival / UBI have their own framework etc for the units working etc.

Its possible the game might be wholesaley modded like Wake of Gods at some point.
by Dublex
08 Jun 2006, 16:06
Forum: Campfire
Topic: New TitleSpotted - Swordsman Who Walks
Replies: 4
Views: 3237

New TitleSpotted - Swordsman Who Walks

I see that Gaidal Cain has the Swordsman Who Walks at 2971, is that a special rank or is it a custom avatar name?

I would have posted it in the offical praise thread as requested but its been locked, so I've been forced to post it here
by Dublex
08 Jun 2006, 10:46
Topic: How presence of the SNOW in game is crittical for you ?
Replies: 18
Views: 5552

Personally I'm fine without the snow. Any extra terrains would be nice of course but snow I'm not bothered about. And thats snow joke.
by Dublex
08 Jun 2006, 10:43
Topic: Dynamic battles?
Replies: 27
Views: 9168

It's good since it adds challenge. You have to think fast and if you're a slowhead then you lose. I will always play with dynamic battles in MP. However, until they fixed the lag they should double the time you get since non-casters only get 3 seconds after the lag. My opponent didn't had time do t...

Go to advanced search