King Imp... maybe she used to be a he :P
by Willow
Dec 15 2008, 6:37
Forum: Articles
Topic: Sex as a Gaming Feature
Replies: 60
Views: 11942

Babes, Sex & Video Games

I disagree with your article. If you're going to argue against overt sexuality in games, you should do so from both sides, not just harp on the semi-naked females. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much and I think a lot of it fits into the fantasy-trope. There are many cultures in history who d...
by Willow
May 1 2008, 14:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: homm5 v. homm3
Replies: 19
Views: 4662

I really like H5, but this is mostly because of the game mechanics and the new skill sets than for the graphics. In my opinion it lost something in the translation to 3D. I would have rather preferred a game in the style of Heroes 1-3 with luscious 2D graphics and well-developed game mechanics and s...
by Willow
Apr 17 2008, 13:41
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes III Modding
Replies: 1
Views: 2020

Heroes III Modding

Does anyone know how to mod the starting skills of heroes so that it affects them globally without having to change it in each individual map. Also, does anyone know how to mod skill properties for the game?
by Willow
Apr 16 2008, 11:22
Topic: Creating Heroes V Portraits
Replies: 2
Views: 2384

Okay, I found a nice tutorial here, but... my dds files don't seem to work.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23393

When the image is in the game, it just shows up as small little bitmap in the top left corner. Can anyone help?
by Willow
Apr 16 2008, 10:10
Topic: Creating Heroes V Portraits
Views: 2384

Creating Heroes V Portraits

Can anyone tell me what the specifics are for creating portraits for H5 and how to convert them to DDS?

Thanks!
by Willow
Apr 15 2008, 22:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III Sound Fix
Replies: 74
Views: 73263

Thanks! :proud:
by Willow
Apr 15 2008, 20:15

PS: Now if I can only find a way to run the game in windowed mode...
by Willow
Apr 15 2008, 20:14

YES!!! Thank you, you are a genius! I would kiss you, but you might not like that. ;|
by Willow
Apr 15 2008, 19:53
Topic: I'm BACK
Replies: 5
Views: 1576

I don't have a clue who you are either but, er, welcome back. New maps are always welcome. :)
by Willow
Apr 15 2008, 15:53
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 7297

I agree Svea is probably the weakest of the heroes, since her special ability doesn't offer much of a boost. However, she's one of my favourites character-wise. It's a shame they didn't improve her ability. Maybe someone will mod her in the future. :D
by Willow
Mar 14 2008, 7:24
Forum: News
Topic: The Blade Song Fighting Style
Replies: 13
Views: 3331

The Blade Song Fighting Style

Hey hey hey... nothing wrong with gay people! At least the Elves give us some representation. :)
by Willow
Nov 27 2007, 14:37
Topic: Is there a mod unlocking campaign hero in ToE
Replies: 4
Views: 2985

Fantastic, thanks :-D
by Willow
Nov 23 2007, 13:38
Topic: Is there a mod unlocking campaign hero in ToE
Replies: 4
Views: 2985

I'm also looking for a mod like that... especially one that would make Maahir available :D
by Willow
Nov 18 2007, 12:46
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Random Map Generator
Views: 2681

Thanks Pol! :)
by Willow
Nov 18 2007, 10:24
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Random Map Generator
Views: 2681

Random Map Generator

Quite some time ago I downloaded a small program that could generate random maps for Heroes IV. But now for the life of me I can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of this again?

Thanks,

W
by Willow
Nov 6 2007, 9:38
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 - Editing Hero Portraits/Biographies
Replies: 9
Views: 7678

Thanks for the info, Nelgirith. At this stage I'm only looking to customize heroes on a specific map, but the only way I can find to edit heroes is to add them to the Reserved List. I'm not sure where to look to edit the "normal" heroes in the game that are available to hire through taverns and sele...
by Willow
Nov 6 2007, 8:37
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 - Editing Hero Portraits/Biographies
Replies: 9
Views: 7678

H5 - Editing Hero Portraits/Biographies

Does anyone have any tips for adding hero portraits to the Heroes 5 editor? For example, what's the correct image size and file format (the editor asks for a *.tga file, but I read somewhere about a *.dds file?). Also, how do you edit the heroes in the map so that the edited heroes appear in the her...
by Willow
Nov 5 2007, 9:53
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 127457

HoMM 5 Gold Edition: This isn't a major bug as such, but thought I'd mention it anyway. Everytime you enter a town, the town music starts from the beginning instead of continuing on where it left off (as it does in H3 & H4, and with other music in the game). I'm not sure if the previous version ...
by Willow
Oct 26 2007, 17:27
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Editing Hero Biographies
Replies: 5
Views: 2582

Thank you Pol! You are a genius :)

PS: Do you know what difference gender makes in the game? For instance, in the map editor you can change a character's gender (male or female), but what difference does it actually make inside the game?

Go to advanced search