Search found 28 matches

by TinBane
27 Jul 2006, 04:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Imbue arrow not working
Replies: 25
Views: 7718

How the hell did you end up not getting those skills by level 29?
by TinBane
26 Jul 2006, 00:02
Topic: Imbue arrow not working
Replies: 25
Views: 7718

Deadeye shot applies imbue to every shot you take, rain applies imbue only when you use it, and only on monsters in your list 'o hatred :)
by TinBane
21 Jul 2006, 10:55
Topic: Image quality low on high end pc??
Replies: 5
Views: 2560

Athlon Socket A 3200+
1 gig RAM
9800 PRO ATi

I play on high quality, 1280x1024
Runs great
by TinBane
15 Jul 2006, 12:33
Topic: We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..
Replies: 199
Views: 51116

Necromancers! Vampires FTW!
by TinBane
12 Jul 2006, 04:26
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 21923

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Skeletal/Spectral dragons by far.
Quote for truth. Weakest level 7 in existance.
by TinBane
11 Jul 2006, 04:12
Topic: Coatl, an alternative name to Naga for snake people.
Replies: 50
Views: 11570

A coatyl is more akin to a dragon, it is a large feathered flying reptile with loads of power and magic.

Naga, is a better name for a 'human equivalent' race of reptile.

Slaan is another possibility, although it may be under dnd copyright?
by TinBane
11 Jul 2006, 04:09
Topic: Casters in melee
Replies: 51
Views: 14182

If you want to change the game, then fine, its not perfect, however it is designed to stick to the heroes canon of game conventions. Some of those including having one creature have all the 'perks' of multiple creatues (1 peasant can stop 10000 paladins getting past) can't be fixed without fundament...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:33

Well: DnD allows casting of spells under defensive casting rule, without retalitation.
Warhammer: Also allows casting of some spells in melee.
IKWarmachine: Also allows casting of non-shooting spells in melee.
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:29
Topic: Neutral Stack Suggestion
Replies: 20
Views: 5136

Its a problem of the calculations. At higher numbers, casters are ineffective, which means they are more effective in higher stack number with fewer individuals, for a constant number of individuals. Maybe if casters were limited to having only one large stack?
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:22

It maybe illogical, but there are many things similarly illogical. If you take it meta-game (outside the theme, just as mechanics) it offers a method of differentiating spellcasters from shooters, and giving hybrids (titans/liches/mages) an advantage to counter other advantages (succubi's "pinb...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:19

You dont see a problem with 100 pixies in three stacks being able to kill your level 7 unit,yet one stack of 100 pixies cant do that?You dont see a problem that you can beat the giants,a level 7 unit,easier than pixies,a level one unit?Ooookeeeeeeey....... As I said. You are more likely to be able ...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:12
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9695

You have to be in a position to capitalise though. In many maps, you are unlikely to be able to find/get to a city of his in time to use it, so you have to place yourself in position. Its possible for him to attack your hero, if for instance, its a day where good troops are weaker. As I said, crippl...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:09
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22289

And, as I said, he has to use about twice as much troops for every 300 he kills, if you curse them. Or alternatively you can make them act more often etc to increase damage output. There are many styles of combat available. Hell, you can even fight using power, rather than attrition to defeat your e...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:04

IMHO its one of the perks casters have. Usually, they are weaker (overall) than archers at high levels. For instance titans are much better shooting than casting lightning, but its useful as if they chuck something into contact with your titan, you can lightning instead of giving away a free retalia...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 05:02

You can't have interesting armies without differential balance around the levels of creatures. Pixies are very weak. You need a lot more to challenge a good army. However a small group of pixies is more likely to kill a few of your weak creatures than zombies. IMHO: zombies need a boost anyway. The ...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 04:56
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 9695

Because chance has no place in strategy games? If your strategy is successful by such a narrow margin that 'weeks' make a big impact, then stiff. If you hoard creatures for weeks and then its plague, then stiff. Its a risk you take. Maybe some of the 'week of' should be toned down, but overall its g...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 04:28
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Vampire Evolution
Replies: 70
Views: 38868

I voted H3 vampire lord but i rate them:

1. HIII Vamp Lord
2. HV Vampire
3. H2 Vampire
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 03:37
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22289

This is a good strategy, but not necessarily the best. I believe it depends on your opponent etc. Fighting a ranger with wraiths, lich and skele archers as favoured, is going to cane your army hard. Additionally, teleporting non-retaliators, and tying up vampires with ancient treants using defence a...
by TinBane
10 Jul 2006, 01:20

A stack of 30 Archmages is much easier to beat than 3 stacks of 10 Archmages. It's always harder to defeat multiple stacks then a single one. The problem with casters is that they do more dmg with 3 stacks of 10 then a stack of 30. Unless you have upgraded succubi and they can insta-kill all the st...
by TinBane
07 Jul 2006, 05:10
Topic: Most disappointing creature of Heroes V
Replies: 70
Views: 21211

I happy enough with most of the art in H5. Aside from one or two glaringly odd decisions I'm OK with it. My disappointment with the Spectral Dragons doesn't come from their looks, which is fine IMHO, but because they have no real majesty and they just don't seem special because they really aren't a...

Go to advanced search