Search found 48 matches

by Arstahd
21 Aug 2006, 06:54
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Dark Knights Mod
Replies: 18
Views: 30971

I figured that Harm Touch would so very rarely be the better option to use that its addition was negligable, mostly for show. I use it all the time on phantomed stacks. It's quite a useful ability. just right, imo. I've seen the AI use it themselves when they only have a few wraiths, and they are t...
by Arstahd
29 Jul 2006, 20:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: mods for 1.2????
Replies: 25
Views: 9076

hmm, if you use Winrar, make sure you change it to manage files with .zip extensions (it doesn't do this if it recognizes another proggy as managing them). Are you taking about file association here or something else? I have all archives opening with WinRar 3.51 by default and I still have the prob...
by Arstahd
28 Jul 2006, 22:00
Topic: mods for 1.2????
Replies: 25
Views: 9076

OK, here's what's happening. pak files are recognized by XP as "zipped". so, it unfortunately tries to change the file extension to .zip instead of .pak when it saves them to disk. why? friggin' ask MS. I heard that it was Internet Explorer that was the cause of the problem not XP but sin...
by Arstahd
28 Jul 2006, 21:49
Topic: MOD: Sev. (updated) 1.2
Replies: 26
Views: 33005

Re: MOD: Sev. (updated) 1.2

After looking into the pak files for some time I achieved to make a small mod to change the number of creatures descriptions. Just put this file into the data folder and restart the game. From now on you'll see: (edited)..... Just how does this file work? I downloaded it. It came as a .zip file. I ...
by Arstahd
27 Jul 2006, 14:08
Topic: Succubus
Replies: 1
Views: 3003

I second that. What exactly was the reasoning behind this? The reversed wings look retarded. Not quite so bad looking on the Pit Lords, but equally non-sensical. I saw on the Ubi forum that someone has been able to get at the animation files. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can import modif...
by Arstahd
26 Jul 2006, 05:52
Topic: New Combat JogDial - finalized - 1.2
Replies: 37
Views: 30983

I just got put in charge of the mods section, so i figure we should start putting together a "how to mod HoMM V" guide, and how to get mods to work with the latest patches is gonna be right on the top of the list of things to add. also which tools work, and which don't (you say winrar is ...
by Arstahd
25 Jul 2006, 01:50
Topic: Klaus too powerfull?
Replies: 54
Views: 15846

Sure, he's a decent @$$-kicker, but he's not what you'd call overpowered. All heroes have their thing, and some are better than others - let's have a look at some of his competitors, shall we? Jhora has increasing initiative as her level goes up. Having high initiative doesn't just give you the edg...
by Arstahd
24 Jul 2006, 18:45
Topic: Campaign heroes available in normal/mp maps?
Replies: 9
Views: 6002

I recommend that you make copies of the files that you wish to modify and place them in the Data folder. These will be your "work" files which you can quickly edit and then try out without the need for packing between tests. Start by making an obvious change to one of your work files (like...
by Arstahd
24 Jul 2006, 17:04

So, if I take away all these lines of heroes, and replace them all with <AvailableHeroes/> it will work, right? I've already changed the .xbd files of the heroes. </isUntransferable> </AvailableHeroes> (list of heroes) </AvailableHeroes> <MapRumours/> That's what it looked like. Now, it looks like ...
by Arstahd
24 Jul 2006, 14:22

There are two steps: 1) Edit each map to allow the new heroes. At the end of the map file there is a section that looks something like this <AvailableHeroes> (list of heroes) </AvailableHeroes> You can either add the new heroes to the list or enable all heroes by replacing that entire section with t...
by Arstahd
22 Jul 2006, 00:24
Topic: H5: Altering a Hero Speciality?
Replies: 2
Views: 3002

You can swap hero specialties and skills but can't alter or create new ones. So you can drop Lucretia's Vampire bonus and replace it with Markal's Death Lord ability, but you couldn't change her ability to affect Liches instead.
by Arstahd
14 Jul 2006, 16:45
Topic: How do I edit the .xdb files?
Replies: 1
Views: 4025

You can't save because the file is set for Read-only. Right click on the file, select Properties, uncheck Read-only. You can also select a folder and change the Read-only attributes of all files in it.
by Arstahd
12 Jul 2006, 18:35
Topic: Upgrade costs
Replies: 10
Views: 4839

Re: Upgrade costs

Ari wrote: Indeed, I suspect that during a "week of forgery" it's better to buy normal creatures and upgrade. Can anyone confirm that?
Yes, it's cheaper to buy the regular and then upgrade during Forgery week.
by Arstahd
28 Jun 2006, 23:52
Topic: Spectral Dragons- Incorporeal Ability
Replies: 15
Views: 4959

The word you are looking for is INcorporeal, meaning without body or substance. Corporeal is just the opposite. If they were to get the Incorporeal ability they would need to lose the growth boost. Three per week with a chance at no damage is too much. The only problem that I have with them currentl...
by Arstahd
27 Jun 2006, 00:13
Topic: Classic Spells, Artefacts, Skills and Descriptions MOD
Replies: 10
Views: 7937

Excellent. I was thinking of doing something similar, now I won't have to.
I really don't know why they botched all those names up in the first place, it just adds to confusion.

BTW, Righteous Might is Bloodlust, not Bless ;)
by Arstahd
25 Jun 2006, 07:15
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: palette settings
Replies: 2
Views: 3100

It's been ages since I've messed with them so I can't be too specific. Basicly the first 10 or so colors of the palette are system colors, every def needs them. Open an existing def to see what they need to be. One trick that I used to use was to check "add window system colors" in my pain...
by Arstahd
25 Jun 2006, 06:56
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: upg sharpshooters "arrows"
Replies: 13
Views: 7963

The shot DEFs that I am aware of are: CPRGOGX.DEF CPRGRE.DEF CPRGTIX.DEF CPRZEAX.DEF PCYCLBX.DEF PELFX.DEF PHALF.DEF PICEE.DEF PLCBOWX.DEF PLICH.DEF PMAGEX.DEF PMEDUSX.DEF PORCHX.DEF PPLIZAX.DEF SMBALX.DEF SMCATX.DEF ZSHOT195.DEF I think that the shots used by the sharpshooters are shared, I can't f...
by Arstahd
23 Jun 2006, 14:14
Topic: Dark Knights Mod
Replies: 18
Views: 30971

I didn't remove any, I only added Harm Touch to the former Death Knight. I was only able to do it successfully (wilth proper animation) because that creature was already coded to have that ability. It was done by adding the Harm Touch spell-ability to the creature stats xdb file in GameMechanics. Yo...
by Arstahd
22 Jun 2006, 04:20
Topic: Why is there a limitation in the cities?
Replies: 29
Views: 8828

Are you talking about not being able to build structures due to insufficient town level? Just build the structures that you are able to build, each will raise your town level by 1. Eventually you will be able to build the structures that you want.
by Arstahd
22 Jun 2006, 04:14
Topic: How do I re-pak a moded file into the data.pak???
Replies: 7
Views: 25742

6 Using winrar, take the whole gamemechanics directory node and 'add to archive' selecting .zip extention instead of .rar and name the file something descriptive. I called mine GameMechanicsSuperNecro.zip. After it is created rename its extension from .zip to .pak This is a bit inefficient, there i...

Go to advanced search