Search found 30 matches

by Galactygon
02 Mar 2008, 00:33
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Changes into last Equilibris Mod(testing purpose for now)
Replies: 78
Views: 40507

Something I thought of (it might have been posted before) was to give heroes with Diplomacy bonuses at trading resources. The bonus would come into effect when the hero visits a trading post, or if the player visits a marketplace in a town the hero is stationed in. The bonus would increase with the ...
by Galactygon
27 Jul 2007, 11:26
Topic: Death & Chaos Magic: Underpowered?
Replies: 15
Views: 10308

If there is one useless lvl 5 chaos spell, then that's Armaggeddon. The damage is so miniscule, it is useless, along with fire-ball/ring, and inferno.

I rarely use these spells, and so does the AI, when calculating how to best cause damage.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
23 Jul 2007, 12:01
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145475

Interesting point, although that would mean the players would always choose golems instead of magi. Unless magi recieve some boost to their combat stats.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
23 Jul 2007, 08:32
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 25130

You are right in that Devils are hero-killers, and they would be overpowered if they were given no retailiation. What about weaking their hit points, initiative, and damage by a certain amount in return for no-retaliation? Or first strike at the very least? I think it makes sense that teleporting wo...
by Galactygon
02 Jul 2007, 18:20
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 25130

I have long wanted to see these implemented (or even tested): - Spellcasting for Efreeti and Monks. I don't see any problem with using the (ranged) attack animations for spellcasting. All castles have spellcasting creatures except for life and chaos, and the reasons why Efreeti and Monks should reci...
by Galactygon
08 Jun 2007, 04:19
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 101208

Yes, Berserk should be moved to Chaos.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
12 May 2007, 00:16
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59855

Why not have a lord start out with basic combat in addition to nobility and estates? Hmm... perhaps Nobility could have a side effect of enhancing many all-around abilities at a limited manner - as in a Rennaisance man who happens to know a lot of lore. A few side effects I am thinking of: - As the...
by Galactygon
10 May 2007, 01:18

Exactly. Chaos does not need manipulation spells, they have devasting damage spells. Order does not have devastating damage spells, they have their manipulation spells. Please don't mess with the uniqeness of the faction spell system. The term, "manipulation" is too general to be applied ...
by Galactygon
10 May 2007, 01:09

For example, every time a hero with nobilty claims a mine or captures a castle, s/he receives some experience bonus. This would at least give their skill some active function outside combat. I can't think of a similar gimmick for Tactics, and one mayn't be necessary. I like this idea about nobility...
by Galactygon
05 May 2007, 02:45

For a slight change in topic, I have a few (recurring) questions for the Equilibris team: - Are hero specializations (as in HoMM3&5) for each hero intended in a later version? If not, then will it be possible to do so via scripting? ie. giving bonuses to spells cast by XYZ, or bonuses to stats o...
by Galactygon
03 May 2007, 00:46

Confusion is not about controlling. It's about confusing the enemy so he can't act, and that belongs to chaos imo. The situation with berserk is hard to determine, and there will always be people who think it's better the other way. It makes chaotic bahavior, but in a way that the caster can presum...
by Galactygon
02 May 2007, 00:15

Chaos is more about direct damage while order is about manipulation so imho berserk is fine where it is.
Doesn't Confusion involve the manipulation of minds?

Berserk and Bloodlust have more in common than Berserk and Blind.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
01 May 2007, 01:14

To the Equilibris team: It would be a sensible idea to change the spell school of Berserk from Order to Chaos, for obvious reasons.

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
01 May 2007, 01:12
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28481

I have a few more interesting ideas in mind: - Enchanters (order+nature) recieve duration bonuses to Hypnotize and Blindness. Also, a bonus to the Charm skill would make sense. - Beast Lords (nobility+nature) recieve a boost to Summon (Satyr, Griffin, Unicorn, Faerie Dragon, Mantis) spells in additi...
by Galactygon
28 Apr 2007, 00:29
Topic: The Necromancy skill in Equilibris
Replies: 49
Views: 25892

Would it be possible to implement a Necromancy system similar to the Dark Energy system in HoMM5, with the difference that you can choose to raise undead or demons?

-Galactygon
by Galactygon
28 Apr 2007, 00:26
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28481

What about allowing the player to choose which advanced class (s)he wishes to take if there is more than a single option. For example, having M Order Magic, E Death Magic, and A Chaos Magic should allow the player to choose whether (s)he wishes to become an Archmage, a Wizard, a Lich, or a Shadow Ma...
by Galactygon
12 Mar 2007, 21:12

[quote="Dalai] What you actually offer is making spell power depend on experience rather than level. It is interesting, but against that reason. I think it's still worth testing.[/quote] Pretty much yes. Since spell power would still be dependant on level rather than experience, there would sti...
by Galactygon
12 Mar 2007, 16:10
Topic: Magic Resistance
Replies: 68
Views: 35595

I have another idea, how about we add a magic resistance penalty of 1% for every caster level. This means that the high-level sorceror, can simply negate the magic resistance of the enemy, beacause he's sufficiantly powerful to do so. Better yet would be increasing the hit points of the hero expone...
by Galactygon
12 Mar 2007, 16:03

I am still wonering what Dalai and the rest of the Equilibris team thinks about the exponential formula when calculating the power of spells cast by heroes (creatures would still use the linear formula). By the way, I was wondering whether or not some of the graphics for HoMM5 spells could be transf...
by Galactygon
22 Jan 2007, 02:36
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Skill Modding
Replies: 8
Views: 6158

I have a different question about skill/spell/item editing in general: Is it possible to use complex math? For example, I would like to change estates so that it produces 100+10*(Lvl^2) gold per day rather than 250 gold per day. Or make spell damage exponential as well. And what about moats inflicti...

Go to advanced search