Search found 22 matches

by Mighty Imp
09 May 2006, 20:22
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes I-IV Poll
Replies: 56
Views: 17377

H2 for me
The Warlock town and it's music are my favorites. I also would like to have seen Wild Boars remain in the series. H2 had the coolest looking Orcs too.
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 21:30
Topic: H4: Spells you want and spells you don't
Replies: 28
Views: 11775

So far I found that with life I always want Mass Ferver or Celestial Armor. I have yet to use a single ward spell for any faction.

With Chaos I hope for Confusion, never use Sparks
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 21:21
Topic: Ubi's Spell Book Fix (HoMM4)
Replies: 9
Views: 9550

LOL Maybe when I get better I'll learn to appreciate them more. At this point they are a pain to me. "Look you stupid game, I just want to know how much damage this here spell will do, not what color the guys face will turn while he is being zapped!"
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 21:09
Topic: Ubi's Spell Book Fix (HoMM4)
Replies: 9
Views: 9550

Yes, what does that fix do exactly? That's the first time I hear about it... I have the Ubi version and have run the fix. The spell book was missing the spell descriptions that appear below the spell, as well as the name of the spell itself and the fix added those. Also it replaced the vague slight...
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 20:50
Topic: Morale or Speed?
Replies: 16
Views: 11432

So am I mistaken about the chance for 3 attacks? Or perhaps I'm right but, the likelyhood of this actually happening is far too small to be of value? If two opponents have the same speed how is initiative determined? Assuming speed ratings are the same, does the army that initiates battle always att...
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 17:06

Ah!
My lack of expertise with H4 is evident here. I was not aware of the differences with morale.
So be it...H4 is excluded, thanks Metathron
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 16:38

Morale or Speed?

What is more important during combat, morale or speed?

Hit ‘em first? Or hit em twice?
I’m leaning towards morale. It seems like with high morale you have the possibility of 3 attacks, 1. retaliation, 2. first attack, 3. morale enabled attack.

Opinions?
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 16:21
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145564

I usually have more than one hero in one army, and my opponent has more than one hero too, what you propose in this case? Hmm.. How about giving the opponent the option of sending the best hero out, regardless of whom the challenge was directed at, or both heros? Maybe this is not a practical idea ...
by Mighty Imp
05 May 2006, 15:27
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145564

How about giving heores with Master/GrandMaster Leadership the option of challenging an opposing hero to a one on one duel at the start of battle, with winner take all or losing hero gets banished from the realm. Nobility skills can prevent banishment, or force hero to return to Castle with army, an...
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 23:00
Topic: Berserkers... ya just gota love 'em :)
Replies: 12
Views: 6781

DaemianLucifer wrote:

Why not try a hero and 6 stacks of 66 berzerkers?Now thats chaos :devil:
LOL very creative I like the way you think.

I never thought of blocking them in. I'll have to try that one thanks Anglespit!
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 20:18
Topic: New member saying Hi to all, and asking for HELP
Views: 9095

HPfan thanks for the advice! Im open to anything that can help me get better.
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 20:11
Topic: Your Favorite 4th lvl creature
Replies: 72
Views: 23297

Thunderbird/Behemoth
just because nobody picked them! hee hee

Seriously though while I personally choose Angel/Champion for resurection, speed, and the Champions long reach, I do like the thunderbirds special. Not to mention Behemoths are cheap.
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 19:49

I can see where you are comming from certainly. I guess I'm looking at them from the point of view of sheer fun value. I think I'm going to try to build an army consisting of one Hero, and the rest will be five stacks of ~50 Berserkers. I'll initiate battle and then let the Chaos ensue! As a matter ...
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 19:39
Topic: H4: Favourite level 1 pair
Replies: 45
Views: 13529

I like Squire/Crossbowmen

Ranged attack combined with the chance to stun
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 19:34

Berserkers... ya just gota love 'em :)

Ahh the lowly Bersrker. They may not be the fastest or the strongest, or even the best dressed :D but I must say I just love the little buggers! In a game where every move you make, especially in combat has to be well thought out. Where the consequences be they good or bad, of every action must be c...
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 19:01

Thanks for the advice guys. And Psychobabble, thanks very much for taking the time to provide all of those maps and map reviews! Actually I've played through a few Scenarios and am on the third map in the Standard Haven(sp) campaign. I am thinking I should bump up my difficulty level but I am having...
by Mighty Imp
04 May 2006, 03:34

HEY Dalai!
That did the trick thamks alot! I ran the Equlibris uninstall, ran the update you suggested, reinstalled Eq and BAMM! Nice shortcut icon by the way B-)

Now....I just have to work on not sucking so bad at the game :D
Thanks again, you guys are awesome!
by Mighty Imp
03 May 2006, 18:28

Thanks for the quick reply Dalai! I did not run heroes4_sfx.exe because the description implies that it is for WoW wich I do not have. I will try this tonight thanks. I believe the umodded game runs fine with your exe because I renamed my heroes4 to heroesOld as per the instructions and did not rena...
by Mighty Imp
03 May 2006, 16:40

Ha Ha!
Well "Champion" my cause then and help me solve this problem! B-)
by Mighty Imp
03 May 2006, 16:29
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39115

:D WARNING ROOKIE OPINION :D

I like the Chaos/Life combo. Mass Bless and Celestial Armor, with a little Confusion and Chain Lightning thrown in for good measure :proud:

Go to advanced search