Search found 187 matches

by eekstah
24 Jul 2007, 13:47
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Map Editor Discusion
Replies: 25
Views: 16818

Here's a rather simple one:

Could you make the diskette icon (save) turn grey (disabled) when you save and/or there hasn't been made any changes in the map since you opened it..?
by eekstah
11 Jul 2007, 21:02
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Hero portraits through the games [PICTURES!]
Replies: 78
Views: 19420

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Hey where did you find that picture of your avatar? Is that from Homm5 ? Fan-made?
I made it :) The face is mine, photographed with a fisheye-lens. It wasn't supposed to be black and white, but I couldn't find the original.
by eekstah
08 Jul 2007, 18:09
Topic: Hero portraits through the games [PICTURES!]
Replies: 78
Views: 19420

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Ibn Fadlan from the last scenario of the Price of Loyalty campaign. Starts with HUNDREDS of bone dragons.
The last battle against this guy was EPIC.
I'm a big fan too. :)
by eekstah
03 Jul 2007, 16:12
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 99037

Good ones, Le_Faucheur. Not too fancy or powerful, but still very useful and fun. If the Equilibris team is limited to using existing animations, i'm sure they could implement "mass displacement" (eartquake), and that would look pretty awsome with all those hands swooping over the battlefi...
by eekstah
15 Jun 2007, 14:40
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 143143

Yeah, jeff, I have thought of that too. Can't see why it should be a problem. It would be great.
by eekstah
19 May 2007, 16:40

Uhm, KonserniJohtaja, I don't think you understand what I am talking about, because I surely don't understand what you are talking about :| Lets assume that a creature does 2-3 points of damage. Therefore, the damage this creature does can only be reduced by 3-2=1 point. Now, how can you reduce less...
by eekstah
12 May 2007, 15:37
Topic: Scripting help please
Replies: 26
Views: 10976

Re: Scripting help please

1. on all of the towns a triggered script named checktown1 to 5: IF current player = red SET towns_captured TO towns_captured + 1 END-IF This is pretty much what I suggested, except that the triggered events doesn't have to have different names. They can all be called the same, so you don't need to...
by eekstah
12 May 2007, 00:21
Topic: Scripting help please
Replies: 26
Views: 10976

Uhm ... Isn't the standard winning condition "be the only player to own towns"? If those five town that you have to capture are the only towns besides your own, then you may safely enable standard winning condition after you have killed/captured that Baddy guy. If not, this ... conditional...
by eekstah
11 May 2007, 22:58
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 24823

Hmmm, you could find arguments for the opposite, too. ...yeah, you find those arguments the same place you find arguments about 2 + 2 = 5 ;| As I see it, the spell Blind, is not affecting the eyes physically , but rather the target's mind , altering his/hers/its perception . At best , being one-eye...
by eekstah
11 May 2007, 21:53

Or , the power of blesses/curses could improve with a hero's level or experience, instead of always giving +/- 25% effect. I think that would be cool. Also, could Magic Resistance work the same way on curses as on it does blesses - for instance 20% MR could weaken the curse by 20% instead of giving...
by eekstah
08 May 2007, 04:01
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 24823

*bump*

Can't people please use this thread instead of the "ideas for next mods" thread for their creatures stats talk?

And is it possible for a moderator/administrator with some spare time on his hands to move over some of the excisting creatures stats talk from that thread? :beg:
by eekstah
08 May 2007, 03:56

ramparter wrote:But it would make sense if monks and efreets could cast spells.
It would also make sense to discuss that in the Creature stats discusion thread instead of here. B-)
by eekstah
07 May 2007, 15:43
Topic: III (interface improvement ideas)
Replies: 18
Views: 13161

Chorus wrote:I'm tired of flipping through potions in the spellbook, can those be...uncluttered?
Yeah, I agree. They're all available in the "potions" tab anyways, so they could be removed from the regular view.
by eekstah
16 Apr 2007, 15:17

I'd like that too, Siegfried. All combinations of 2 skills, including deat+life and chaos+order, are, however, allready covered. But more 3-skills-combinations would be nice. When you have a sorcerer you will most likely upgrade his/hers chaos magic on most level-ups, and maybe throw in a couple of ...
by eekstah
16 Apr 2007, 14:47

In HoMM2 (and possibly 3, I don't remember), both curses and blesses lasted only for a limited number of turns. Maybe it could be concidered going back to this system, so that high level heroes have an advantage over lower heroes when casting these spells, because their effect is constant. Or , the ...
by eekstah
16 Apr 2007, 01:53

As you just learn disintigrate (or any DD spells) it is very powerful (in comparison to the number of creatures in armies), but as the game goes on, the heroes gain levels very slowly while creatures cotinue to grow in the same rate, making DD spells much less powerful. I mean, let's say a level 20...
by eekstah
26 Mar 2007, 20:36
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Mapmaking tricks (H4)
Replies: 57
Views: 109130

Re: Mapmaking tricks (H4)

difficulty=5 if gold(human)>4000: difficulty=4 if gold(human)>9000: difficulty=3 if gold(human)>14000: difficulty=2 if gold(human)>19000: difficulty=1 Just wanted to let you know that this also can be done with just one single command line: Set 'Difficulty' to '5 - ([Quantity of gold owned by HUMAN...
by eekstah
19 Feb 2007, 04:12
Topic: Help for distorted pictures?
Replies: 5
Views: 3047

I had a great widescreen display on my last computer, a Dell Inspiron with a high resolution ATI card, but unfortunately it didn't offer that option (that I could tell, anyway) My Inspiron has an ATI as well, and I just found this option (quite easily too, actually)! Finally I can play Homm4 proper...
by eekstah
04 Jan 2007, 21:21
Topic: Help for distorted pictures?
Replies: 5
Views: 3047

Yeah, I have the same problem on my Dell laptop with widescreen. The widescreen does really not like 4:3 settings - the image doesn't just get distorted, but blurry as well. It would've been really nice if Equilibris team managed to make Heroes support higher resolution and stretch to fit non-4:3 mo...
by eekstah
10 Nov 2006, 10:19
Topic: Fire Elemental Evolution
Replies: 31
Views: 19688

I think you pretty much said it all, Sauron. H4 got my vote as well. I would like it to be more like in the little round picture than it is in the battlefield though. More like an actual wild burning fire/flame and less like a motionless, shining clay sculpture. H2 is way off. Fire should be somethi...

Go to advanced search