Search found 17 matches

by DarkeN Q
26 Aug 2006, 11:26
Forum: News
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 41872

Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

It would be different if Nival at least gave us reasons for what they are doing, and the things they are removing from the series. But instead, they just tell us new features are coming soon, and then they tell us suddenly that old must-have features are getting trashed. You need reasons/answers? As...
by DarkeN Q
25 Aug 2006, 18:49
Topic: Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope
Replies: 90
Views: 41872

Nival Answers, Episode IV: A New Hope

Ahem, excuse me, but what all the fuzz is about? This was not an official announcement , right? And if someone feels offended by the 'you could try to play without save/load' remark, don't forget that the message wasn't meant for THIS forum and THIS community. And maybe Old Boy really was serious (t...
by DarkeN Q
24 May 2006, 13:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: No High Score?
Replies: 34
Views: 10141

Ahh, and I miss flavour texts for adventure map objects and thousands of other nice little things from HOMMIII and IV *sniff*...HV has an epic gameplay but doesn't make you feel at home anymore :(
by DarkeN Q
21 May 2006, 11:22
Topic: StarForce: Over?
Replies: 4
Views: 2512

StarForce: Over?

I salute Ubisoft, Nival and 1C! They made a very humane choice. I'm going to buy HOMMV just out of respect for the guys, even if it turns out to be disappointing...
by DarkeN Q
02 May 2006, 07:26
Topic: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate
Replies: 116
Views: 52972

New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

I'd just decided to refresh my experience with the Dragonlance series when I stumbled upon this amazing campaign, and you know I'd rather settle with Dragon's Fate instead! Keep going, Jeff! I'm looking forward to your next campaign (map?), be it sequel or prequel. Is it possible to vote for both? ;-)
by DarkeN Q
23 Apr 2006, 18:39
Topic: StarForce: It's Not Over
Replies: 39
Views: 12562

StarForce: It's Not Over

Local publishers can do what they want,but only if they get the green light from ubi.So this means ubi agreed with this.

Ubi just don't give a damn about local affairs,it seems. Though if it was Russian publisher who refused to use SF, Ubisoft would probably enforce it on them.
by DarkeN Q
23 Apr 2006, 13:29

It's not an Ubisoft move - local publishers are to blame. However, Ubisoft could try and persuade their Russian colleagues to remove SF at least from this particular game...
by DarkeN Q
22 Apr 2006, 09:33

It is a 'good' tradition among Russian publishers to ship games with Starforce, so we're fully prepared ;) No, seriously, SF was intended to fight piracy and such but this notorious protection system can be 'cracked' even by average user with right tools, so why use it? Could someone explain the mea...
by DarkeN Q
22 Apr 2006, 09:33

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1145693181
by DarkeN Q
21 Apr 2006, 18:52
Topic: Are you going to buy Heroes V?
Replies: 164
Views: 54773

Kalah wrote:Can you buy a couple for me and mail them to me? ;)
Now what would you need a RUSSIAN copy for? (Hint: it will most probably speak Russian too!) But surely I can. ;)
by DarkeN Q
21 Apr 2006, 18:32
Topic: The Game is Gold
Replies: 34
Views: 10675

The Game is Gold

Seems a bit early to me. While opening the champagne please keep your fingers crossed for the sake of us all.
by DarkeN Q
21 Apr 2006, 18:25
Topic: New Map: One by one
Replies: 22
Views: 8218

New Map: One by one

A separate link for minimap will satisfy everyone, it seems. I would like some nice and/or informative screenshot or maybe some other piece of artwork for the map,though. And yes, New Maps section MUST be on the main page. I feel it is sort of necessary tribute to all those creative HOMM fans who ke...
by DarkeN Q
20 Apr 2006, 17:48
Topic: Are you going to buy Heroes V?
Replies: 164
Views: 54773

Ugh, hearing all you people complain about $50 for a cat in a sack, I'm really glad I live in Russia. Here you can buy a jewel version for $3 and return it to the store next day if you don't like it. However, I will DEFINITELY buy H5, and won't ask for refunds.
by DarkeN Q
20 Apr 2006, 14:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39016

Order magic is sensible man's choice and doesn't need support from any other school. My favourite is Teleport as endless source of fun and profit. If you want to be very bad, try Chaos+Order. It makes earlier stages of the game VERY easy.
by DarkeN Q
20 Apr 2006, 13:50
Topic: Is Combat too good (Heroes IV)??
Replies: 51
Views: 22551

The Combat is somewhat unbalancing (way too good), but so are many other things in HOMMIV. GM Magic Resistance is surely the wickedest contraption of NWC team, leading many decent mapmakers to downfall by allowing them to place nearly-invincible dummies on the dumb AI's side, instead of finding bett...
by DarkeN Q
20 Apr 2006, 03:09
Topic: What is your favourite town without considering creatures?
Replies: 37
Views: 21285

Considering look and feel, Dungeon is easily my choice. Its music theme is tremendous, first slowly unraveling and then quickly reaching the emotional apex (btw, Asilum's is even better). As for special buildings, they rock too. Some of the most twisted conceptions I ever saw is to flag only seventh...
by DarkeN Q
19 Apr 2006, 15:12
Topic: Tips for the Demo Maps
Replies: 14
Views: 5204

Tips for the Demo Maps

The most annoying thing about all games ever developed by Nival is that you often have to do exactly right things in exactly right time to achieve something (basically to simply survive). I've no access to the demo yet, but from your posts can conclude that Nival ain't going to lower the plank and t...

Go to advanced search