Search found 41 matches

by Titanus
22 Mar 2008, 16:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28717

Factions Balance

I appreciate your efforts, Titanus, it's obvious you've put a whole lot of time and thought into these refurbishments, even if a lot of people seem to disagree partly or even wholly. I myself am unsure, I would have to test out such a mod thoroughly before making any decision, sheer numbers aren't ...
by Titanus
22 Mar 2008, 16:01

Factions Balance

I think now, with 15 gems needed to built Titans I'll have them in week 4 8| (if lucky). Did you ever thought that some are in rush to built Titans even before Golems? ;| For starters, 20 gems for Titans not 15. BUT , 5 gems for Golems, 10 gems for both Mage dwellings, 10 gems for Raksashas, 15 gem...
by Titanus
22 Mar 2008, 12:59

Factions Balance

What's not to like about the most versatile faction of the game? What's not to like about the faction you have to put the most effort in, in order to be competitive? whose excellent (but not in an overpowered way) racial is the sole one into which you'll have to really delve, so that you get the mos...
by Titanus
19 Mar 2008, 12:34

Here's a last battle of mine which I won with basically only 5 stacks in my army: http://www.speedyshare.com/263953987.html Imps and cerberi were there just to die. Hellchargers died with no imput mainly. Notice the numbers on my devils and the battle itself... The fight took place on the map Day o...
by Titanus
19 Mar 2008, 12:18
Topic: Whats your favorite skill?
Replies: 28
Views: 12633

Whats your favourite skill?

1)Master of Mind, for the already mentioned reasons. 2)Master of Abjuration, because creatures become so much more difficult to overcome, while an army's superiority in ranged damage is essentially cancelled. 3)Mark of the Wizzard, because you can do pretty much anything you want (especially in comb...
by Titanus
19 Mar 2008, 11:43

Factions Balance

When I observe carefully, I do agree that demons are weaker. If a demon hero and a sylvan one go head to head having nearly the same stats and a fully built army, then the elf hero has more chances of winning as the Avenger ability tips the balance in his favor. And that insanely powerful luck is n...
by Titanus
19 Mar 2008, 10:10

Factions Balance

I never said you don't have experience. However, I think in order to do a patch of this type, the input of many more players is needed. A community of pro players must all give their opinions about what works and doesn't work in a faction. And I am not saying that all changes are bad. There are som...
by Titanus
17 Mar 2008, 04:58

Factions Balance

There's a reason why weakening strike is on low initiative zombies. This way it's just : IMBAAA! Anyway, your mod is fun, but only for "for fun" purposes. When talking about real balance lots of hours of multiplay must be in order to get an idea about what's wrong with certain factions. A...
by Titanus
13 Mar 2008, 04:14

Factions Balance

Hallo community! To begin with, I would like to apologise for my long absence, but family health matters prevented me from joining the forum for almost 2 months now. Until now I have thoroughly covered 5 factions, therefore 3 more call for an analysis, that is SYLVAN, ACADEMY and STRONGHOLD. Today I...
by Titanus
13 Jan 2008, 12:49
Topic: Academy creature choices
Replies: 18
Views: 17419

Re: Academy creature choices

1. Repair is better than Sabotage, but I choose Saboteurs about 85% of the time due to their much greater stats. I might appreciate the Masters more when I actually decide to include golems in my army. Masters all the way! Saboteurs' +3 attack and +1 defence compared to Masters is a trivial substit...
by Titanus
13 Jan 2008, 11:30

I was wondering about the Lava and Magma Dragons... As Resurrection or Raise Death or whatever like these spells can't be casted on them, is it possible to "provide" them with ability like the one the Magnetic Golems have? Indeed, Resurrection or Raise Dead can't be cast but Rune of Resur...
by Titanus
13 Jan 2008, 09:51

No shots bonus to archers and there upgrades?Or you just missed that one.And you shoud not nerfed them ...i love them :( There is no bonus for the Archers family; they're fine with their ammunition at 10 for Archers and Crossbowmen and at 12 for Marksmen. I should have added them though. 2-8 damage...
by Titanus
13 Jan 2008, 08:17

I was wondering about the Lava and Magma Dragons... As Resurrection or Raise Death or whatever like these spells can't be casted on them, is it possible to "provide" them with ability like the one the Magnetic Golems have? Indeed, Resurrection or Raise Dead can't be cast but Rune of Resur...
by Titanus
12 Jan 2008, 02:42

Factions Balance

Peasant Attack:1 Defence:1 Damage:1- 2 (1-1) HP: 4 (3) Initative: 9 (8) Speed:4 Conscript Attack:1 Defence:2 Damage:1- 3 (1-2) HP:6 Initative: 9 (8) Speed:4 Brute Attack:2 Defence:1 Damage:1- 3 (1-2) HP: 5 (6) Initative: 9 (8) Speed:4 Comments: Peasants fought with Skeletons for the worst creature ...
by Titanus
10 Jan 2008, 05:30

Your mod is obviously your cup of tea, and that's good for you. I must say, however, that you make a lot of changes I don't understand. Aren't changes somebody's cup of tea, depending on their experience playing the game? Yes, my mod is my cup of tea, but there are changes that constitute clearly s...
by Titanus
06 Jan 2008, 13:58
Topic: What!!!! No love for my beloved Academy??
Replies: 27
Views: 7405

Some comments: 1) Mark of the Necro has been nerfed considerably and since then you can forget "continual use of raise dead spell". 2) I completely disagree about Academy creatures; I mean you can't have it all: if you do HAVE a good level 1 shooter (and the Saboteur upgrade boosts the Gr...
by Titanus
06 Jan 2008, 10:32

Are you out of your mind boosting Maidens weekly growth with 2 from the begining? Maybe you have forgot that you may not sacrifice only creatures that suddenly joined your army, but when you take some non Dungeon castle? And what about the Refugees Camps? Believe me, in (not so) late game, when a s...
by Titanus
06 Jan 2008, 09:20
Topic: What!!!! No love for my beloved Academy??
Replies: 27
Views: 7405

Academy was always my least favorite town, no matter the heroes installment, for different and varying reasons, but H5 has changed that. I find that town in H5 extremely interesting to play (that's something I like H5 for, by the way; there is no "boring" faction anymore). Especially earl...
by Titanus
06 Jan 2008, 08:22

Scout Attack:3 Defence:3 Damage:2-4 HP: 12 (10) Initative:10 Speed:5 Shots: 8 (5) Assassin Attack:4 Defence:3 Damage:2-4 HP:14 Initative:12 Speed:6 Shots: 8 (5) Weekly growth: 10 (instead of 7) Comments: Dungeon suffers from limited tier1-tier3 weekly growth. Despite being clearly the best tier1 cr...
by Titanus
05 Jan 2008, 00:31
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What makes a good map?
Replies: 51
Views: 12012

Re: What makes a good map?

Witch Huts helps with this one pretty good AND... a Memory Mentor is 120% needed on each and every map nowadays B-) Witch Huts help if you want or already have a skill (unless you take a skill you don't want and then pay and... pray to the fat Wizzard to offer you the desired skill) and Memory Ment...

Go to advanced search