Search found 12 matches

by darussiaman
27 Jun 2006, 00:45
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Book suggestions
Replies: 122
Views: 31224

Wow, I'd think someone would mention this by now (I was under impression it's kinda popular, but who knows): The Earthsea series (4 books) by Ursula K. LeGuin. It's quite short, but pretty powerful imo. Each book is only like 100-ish pages, so all of u should consider it, since u could get through i...
by darussiaman
26 Jun 2006, 19:38
Topic: Anyone here read Forgotten Realms? I'm sure someone does...
Replies: 21
Views: 7074

Coool, lots of great help! Thanks guys! Well, I just got done with Homeland, and that was pretty good. Although IMO it went downhill somewhat towards the end. (The unwrapping of the story didn't satisfy me as much as I had hoped) Overall I guess I can't say it was awesome but still definitely worth ...
by darussiaman
25 Jun 2006, 04:23
Topic: Anyone here read Forgotten Realms? I'm sure someone does...
Replies: 21
Views: 7074

Anyone here read Forgotten Realms? I'm sure someone does...

Okay, I'm confused about where to start. I was looking at those books at my local Borders one time (I was recommended them before) and there are a lot of them. And there seem to be at least several different sets of books, where each set is its own story and setting. I ended up getting the darkelf t...
by darussiaman
20 Apr 2006, 00:30
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes AI?
Replies: 22
Views: 10580

Heroes AI?

Is it just me or has the AI in heroes gotten worse with every new release? I think I remember thinking that the AI was doing some stupid crap in H3 which it didn't do in H2 (haven't played H3 in a while though). And I'm more certain I remember thinking it was even worse in H4. But you guys are sayin...
by darussiaman
03 Mar 2006, 08:18
Topic: H2 creature upgrade costs
Replies: 20
Views: 9963

Well, now that I thought about it, I guess this feature is actually a good thing. It offsets (somewhat) the advantages u can get if u find troops of your own type willing to join your army. Sometimes the advantage u get that way is too great. Like I had my rocs double in number from like 45-ish to 9...
by darussiaman
03 Mar 2006, 02:26
Topic: Is it just me or do non-magic heroes suck? (H2)
Replies: 35
Views: 18129

Well I see your guys' point. I've been playing with a knight hero, and I liked it a lot, heh. But aren't magic heroes stronger in H3 than in H2? The spells seem to be better, and u have a much higher chance to get the magic school skills with magic heroes compared to the might heroes, don't u? When ...
by darussiaman
02 Mar 2006, 18:59

dammit lol, sorry I made my first post bad! I meant to say "might" heroes instead of non-magic heroes ... I'm sorry, was really stupid of me. I notice that some of u guys interpreted that statement in various ways ... - I personally have always played magic heroes in both H2 and H3. It alw...
by darussiaman
02 Mar 2006, 01:29

Is it just me or do non-magic heroes suck? (H2)

OK this is mostly aimed at H2. But I guess I'd like to hear what u think about H3 as well, if u care to answer. But I'd like to keep H4 out of this cuz it's just too different (and I haven't played it much).
by darussiaman
28 Feb 2006, 05:29
Topic: H2 creature upgrade costs
Replies: 20
Views: 9963

H2 creature upgrade costs

Umm ok what the hell ... it costs 24000g + 8gems to upgrade 4 giants in H2?? That's more than it costs to buy 4 brand new titans! I also got 30 iron golems to join my army (they were wondering) and it cost me 3000 to upgrade them, even though 1 steel golem only costs 350 each. I know this is fixed i...
by darussiaman
25 Feb 2006, 01:26
Topic: H2 -- not working in WinXP??
Replies: 7
Views: 5987

Dang, thank you so much! Everything's cool now. Just out of curiosity, do u know what might have caused my Config.nt and Autoexec.nt files to be messed up? My Config.nt file prior to me going through the troubleshooting steps (i looked) had a bunch of extra stuff written in there. And the autoexec.n...
by darussiaman
19 Feb 2006, 00:58

Yeah but I get that same error message when I try to launch the setup! Dammit, something must be wrong with my whole OS! *%#$#!*(&%!! ... could I have possibly screwed something up by using my antivirus?? I haven't had an antivirus for a while and now I installed one and deleted a number of infe...
by darussiaman
17 Feb 2006, 23:35

H2 -- not working in WinXP??

Ok, so for some reason I got the urge to play Heroes 2 again after ... years. So I did, for like 10 minutes, a week or so ago. I'm pretty sure I was in WinXP when I played it but it might have been in Win98 cuz I do have dual boot installed. But I could've sworn I was in WinXP, from what I remember....

Go to advanced search