Search found 10 matches

by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 23:33
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 251750

After some time, Norton let me see its findings again. This is what it got: Joke.ClickMe Location:pages.infinit.net/burpp/Beers.ex....................... I hope this helps somebody. Once again, do NOT download this mod from this site! EDIT: I reviewed my post and it made a hotlink to the virus, damn...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 23:18
Topic: Installing Campaigns
Replies: 8
Views: 2590

Installing Campaigns

Hello, friends.

I'm wanting to install the Sighuthoara campaign, but I've forgotten how to install a downloaded campaign into HOMM.

I tried extracting the files into the MAPS folder, but that didn't work.

So how do I do this, again?

Thank you for your patience and assistance.
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 23:09
Topic: Gameplay in Homm2
Replies: 4
Views: 1836

Meta, that first map was challenging because I haven't played HOMM2 in years and years, and my definition of "challenging" has been considerably diluted by contemporary games like HOMM5. My point is that HOMM2 is such a better game than current generation games, as far as challenge and dif...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 22:43
Topic: Heroes 2 Price of Loyalty MIDI
Replies: 10
Views: 8228

I would be WAY more interested in sheet music than MIDI files! I am a musician by profession, and I would just about KILL to have printed sheet music of any and all HOMM music, any version! (I've found the Bach Gavotte in D Minor from the English Harpsichord Suites, which is the music for the Warloc...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 22:31
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 251750

Norton lists the site for downloading this mod as a virus threat, and blocks it. Norton says that the site for downloading this mod WILL put a virus onto your computer, something about "Ha, beerdrinker" something or such. I was going to go back to the site to get a more exact reading of No...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 22:03
Forum: Campfire
Topic: SICK THING!
Replies: 22
Views: 8161

I tried this game with full Norton protections enabled. It was so slow, it was unplayable. Norton kept saying "popups blocked, popups blocked", over and over, and the green downloads bar moved forward at about a millimeter per minute. Since I just got my last computer fried by an amazingly...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 21:42
Topic: Gameplay in Homm2
Views: 1836

Gameplay in Homm2

Well, friends, I just spent pretty much all day today playing the first mission from Roland's campaign in Homm2. At the risk of invoking the old cliches about "good old days" and "the old ways are better", I am in renewed awe about how much more difficult it was to beat this map ...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 21:35
Topic: Music Problems in HOMM2 with Windows 7
Views: 4112

Hmm, interesting... I have similar issues with MM8, GrayFace's patch enables us to loop music, yet it doesn't loop correctly here even if it's set correctly... But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in my case. Emerald, I feel your pain. I spoke too soon in my edit. No matter what I set my sound...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 19:06

Edit: I just found the solution to my problem. (Yay, yay!!!) I want to post it in case anybody else is having the same problem. I went to Control Panel, Devices and Sounds. There, I discovered that I have something called "RealTek Audio HD". Under the settings for that sound card, I found ...
by BelgarathMTH
01 Nov 2009, 18:41

Music Problems in HOMM2 with Windows 7

I just installed HOMM2 Gold on my new Windows 7 computer, and everything is working fine except for the sound, specifically the music tracks. The terrain music rarely plays, the battle music plays one time and then stops, the enemy turn music doesn't play, lots of other music tracks don't play when ...

Go to advanced search