Search found 190 matches

by LordHoborgXVII
22 Aug 2011, 20:06
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 28
Views: 14235

Necropolis all the way. Classy folks with good force protection, if that's an appropriate way to describe it.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2008, 21:05
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Eastern Town -- Heroes Online
Replies: 36
Views: 13756

Quite frankly, I think it’s kinda funny. It’s not a reasonable town, that's true, but if we compare it to traditional creature lineups, they’ve always been fairly silly. Dwarves and pegasi? Minotaurs and eyeballs? You could say that past creatures have always been allied based on ideology rather tha...
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2008, 20:43
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Disciples 3
Replies: 414
Views: 149234

I like the idea of hex tiles in general, but in the current screens they are too blatantly colored, entirely ruining the "elegant & detailed" motif. I hope there will be an option to change their opacity.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2008, 20:32
Topic: Majesty 2
Replies: 30
Views: 15333

You're right, they are rather weird. I mislike the character and building designs, especially the skeletons. 3d wouldn't have been that bad per se if they had at least stuck to the general style, but this looks like a stylistic move in a very wrong direction.

I do miss the old Majesty though.
by LordHoborgXVII
20 Apr 2007, 20:46
Forum: News
Topic: Nival Site Gets Tribal
Replies: 27
Views: 11199

The Russian title, by the way, means something like "Leaders of the Horde."
Obviously it's regionalized to sound better in its language.
by LordHoborgXVII
08 Apr 2007, 20:20
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Don't smoke weed or play GTA if you're crazy! (biased news)
Replies: 18
Views: 4010

Omega_Destroyer wrote:
Corribus wrote: Maybe I'm missing something, but certainly there's something more productive these people could be doing with their time.
That applies to every game.
Unless you count those people in Korea who make a living off playing Starcraft, of course... :-D
by LordHoborgXVII
07 Apr 2007, 02:18
Topic: Your 5 favorite bands
Replies: 84
Views: 18500

My favorite bands? Hmmm... let's see... (in no particular order)

Hammerfall
E Nomine
Rammstein
Finntroll
Deathstars
by LordHoborgXVII
07 Apr 2007, 02:16

Oooh. Nice to see them churning out new material. The moats around the cities look interesting. The hero portraits look realistic, which isn't necessarily a good thing because I liked the stylized portraits in I and II. Seeing normal-looking people is usually something I like to avoid in fantasy gam...
by LordHoborgXVII
07 Apr 2007, 01:54
Topic: Second Expansion officially announced
Replies: 107
Views: 32341

The alternate upgrades has caught my interest much better than the new faction. At any rate it's going to be brilliant if pulled off well, but what I'm afraid of is that the new units won't offer much variety, essentially being just the original with different colours and give or take a few stats. S...
by LordHoborgXVII
26 Mar 2007, 00:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Naga evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 28209

:?? Looking at the naga tank afresh, I am newly convinced that it is one of the weirdest and most bizzarely brilliant things known to man. Not just from a tank perspective or a naga perspective, but even concerning the C96's (assuming that's what they're supposed to be). If Nival decides to add a fo...
by LordHoborgXVII
26 Mar 2007, 00:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Favorite Creature (not an evolution poll)
Replies: 53
Views: 20337

I'd have to go out on a limb here and say... Marksmen. Yep, H3 Marksmen. Nothing really special about them, except maybe their double shot and chainmail coifs, but somehow I always root for the good old PBI's, the ground pounders, the soldiers. As such I would always feel this terrible sadness when ...
by LordHoborgXVII
26 Mar 2007, 00:09
Topic: The Cooky Old Lawyer thread (Jack Thompson that is)
Replies: 15
Views: 3714

Jack Thompson is only a buffoon, kindly entertaining us. :D The demonization of video games is found throughout the major news corporations, which have been feeding their listeners/watchers absolute garbage for ages. There is no need to take Thompson seriously, the media is doing his work for him ma...
by LordHoborgXVII
25 Mar 2007, 23:53
Topic: Medieval 2: Total War
Replies: 8
Views: 5662

I liked how the AI was given some improvements, leasways battlewise. (Rome AI bothered me greatly). It's still slightly odd in campaign, since a free map is far more difficult to make an AI for then the old risk-maps, but still a great improvement over Rome. Additionally, the variety of units is mar...
by LordHoborgXVII
18 Oct 2006, 02:10

That is a pretty impressive screenshot, with the Florencian dome there. What draws my attention is the resource bar at the top. It looks like they will be introducing normal resources like wood/iron/stone (though I can't really distinguish them too well, I think that's what the first several are), w...
by LordHoborgXVII
14 Oct 2006, 22:09
Topic: An Elf by Olivier Ledroit
Replies: 8
Views: 5801

Overall a nice piece, though I just really really dislike Sylvan and their motifs, so this picture isn't my favorite. Oliver Ledroit's baroque and detailed style is beautiful though.
by LordHoborgXVII
14 Oct 2006, 22:07
Topic: Hammers of Fate Boxshot
Replies: 55
Views: 25671

I agree that it looks very RPG-ish, but that wowish style is something that we find throughout h5, so it's not really that surprising.
Overall a fairly nice cover, though not stunning.
by LordHoborgXVII
03 Oct 2006, 19:46
Topic: the problem of behemoth
Replies: 19
Views: 5086

As much as I love Age of Mythology (and that is dinosaur-like not aardvark-like by the way), I'd have to say that Ape-like behemoths have always been the staple in HoMM and in H3 they were done particularly well: strong, ferocious, deformed, and mostrous. That is precisely the image I would want the...
by LordHoborgXVII
01 Oct 2006, 22:40
Topic: Great fantasy artists? (here be pictures)
Replies: 93
Views: 23888

Among my favorite fantasy artists are John Howe and the artist(s) of the Disciples series. Perfectly dark and elegant art from them, full of contrast and detail.

And of course, there is Kouta Hirano, the artist I respect most of all:
by LordHoborgXVII
01 Oct 2006, 22:30
Topic: Bizarre News
Replies: 2712
Views: 366008

Vampires? Are you saying there's Vampires there!? As a Hellsing-obsessed person I cannot resist the compulsive urge to comment on that. And yes vampries do enjoy counting things. It's not just something made up by Sesame Street. Anne Rice's vampires do not stray too far from what they should be, but...
by LordHoborgXVII
01 Oct 2006, 22:20
Topic: Proposed Swamp Town
Replies: 24
Views: 6702

Swamp town was never my favorite because its creatures were randomly heaped together in weird combinations, to the extent that it seemed like something they created at the last minute before the game went gold. Therefore anything that has Turtles, Alligators and the like can't possibly be very good ...

Go to advanced search