Search found 63 matches

by RK
Jan 20 2007, 16:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Trying a classification system for units and their heroes
Replies: 49
Views: 6776

Try playing non Necro hero with a Necro town.
Or a non Inferno hero. You'll understand why.
by RK
Jan 20 2007, 16:10
Topic: Worst race in Heroes 5
Replies: 94
Views: 31547

Which is why I pick Ossir as the starting hero. But he's still pathetic compared to other super hero of other factions. Inferno can't be weakest. Their creeping power is just too good as well as the super hero selections available to them. Damage range is one thing, but Hellfire makes up for it, Mar...
by RK
Jan 19 2007, 14:30

uh i really hate inferno early game cheapness with gating, their neutral encounters are virtually low risk affair. Add in Beleb with that FB Ballista I haven't really been challenged by Neutral stacks unlike some other faction that require tight micro to avoid casualty.
by RK
Jan 18 2007, 13:56

.... :|

*never minds*
by RK
Jan 18 2007, 7:38
Topic: Trying a classification system for units and their heroes
Replies: 49
Views: 6776

Exactly....the Dungeon's army strike & no retaliation is simply too good especially for the first 2 levels of units you get, coupled with a hero capable of dishing heavy Arty in day 1 (Sinitar) it's simply unbelivable that anyone can have the luxury of sitting back while facing this kind of army...
by RK
Jan 18 2007, 5:12
Topic: best rush tactic/town
Replies: 5
Views: 1696

no matter what rush strat you have planned, dungeon seems to be the most rush-ready type. Since the first 3 tier unit are solid performers and have non-retaliation for quick stack clearing. As long you don't encounter Master Hunters, you'll be fine. Pick a warlock with decent attack spell at start a...
by RK
Jul 9 2006, 15:55
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 5364

Do you really need to take away an element of chance? So you get less experience for the week, don't fight unless you have to. So your morale and luck is not happening fight anyway, or wait longer. I'll bet you reloaded if there was a plague week in previous games. I may be wrong but it looks like ...
by RK
Jul 8 2006, 3:40
Topic: Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?
Replies: 38
Views: 5364

Is there any way to remove 'Week of The .....' feature ?

I really don't understand Nival's decision to include certain weeks into the game. IMO it's just too game breaking. It never is a problem in previous Heroes series, but in H5, some effects created too much impact. Week of Balance : Suddenly any hero with Luck & Leadership are ineffective, this i...
by RK
Jul 5 2006, 17:11
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 14050

This strat works great like a machine, something to the extent of Sinitar+Dungeon combo. I don't really see what's everyone's problem with it. ('omg, ur so boring, this isn't strategy' isn't even close to an argument) :disagree:
by RK
Jul 1 2006, 6:30

LOL KC ,
seriously Master of Curses would probably render all your resurrected stacks doing 50% dmg. You can't mass raise undead, you know.

Having a nice Mass Decay will probably mess any army up. On top of your numerical superiority...That's just a killer. :)
by RK
Jul 1 2006, 6:26
Topic: Share your Funny screenie here :)
Replies: 25
Views: 6248

Share your Funny screenie here :)

More artifact variety please :hoo:
by RK
Jul 1 2006, 4:32

aha fellow codexer. :) Yep necro is pretty much a snowball faction. I rate it highest, since you can deal with casualty easily. You don't even rely on raise dead too much, just pick Eternal Servitude and even my little brother can steamroll most mines...Just avoid heavy shooter stacks like Hunters e...
by RK
Jun 25 2006, 14:21
Topic: Heroes V review/thoughts
Replies: 15
Views: 2821

Also, never mention what you actually think about the game, as a reviewer is supposed to be objective, and gets what they feel about the game accross without saying exactly what they feel without actually saying it.

:| ;| ;)
by RK
Jun 12 2006, 5:19
Topic: First Aid Tent "Waiting"
Replies: 31
Views: 4716

perhaps making First Aid skill doubling the Tent uses would make it worthwhile, as it is now, I can't rely on it too much to notice.
by RK
Jun 12 2006, 3:18
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 7158

To the guy who suggested recorded battle replays. Exactly what I'm thinking. :D It'd be memorable to record the final castle siege and then share it with the forum to discuss tactics. I'm sure this will be easier than telling people 'Oh, just use earthquake' or 'Fly over the wall and open the gate'....
by RK
Jun 11 2006, 5:31
Topic: Serious question for those who play Single Player
Replies: 48
Views: 7158

well my only complaint is that at certain point of game time, what you do doesn't really matter any more. u just clear everything, get xp, flag mine, grab resource, repeat. I played against my cousin last night, I picked Sylvan to build an avenger hero with Imbue Ballista + Rain of Arrow. It didn't ...
by RK
Jun 10 2006, 7:57
Topic: Problems with H5 'Random' Skill-up
Replies: 1
Views: 762

Problems with H5 'Random' Skill-up

I've tested a couple of solo games and found it generally difficult to create the 'desirable' build. Especially for Sylvan heroes. I can't seem to decide between more magic damage, is logistics even worth it in small maps like Peninsula? Well it would've been easier if not for the random options giv...
by RK
Jun 9 2006, 20:31
Topic: Yes, I do 1060 dmg with my Lightning bolt but I have 1 Know
Replies: 18
Views: 3108

Yes, I do 1060 dmg with my Lightning bolt but I have 1 Know

What's the deal here? It seems stuck with 1 Knowledge from Level 1 till 15. After observing a match between my brother and cousin, I noticed that the Dungeon hero hardly gets any Mana boost. Is this the only way to balance their insane spellpower? And the last battle was hilarious. It was the first ...
by RK
Jun 9 2006, 9:08
Topic: Start Up Bonus Pick?
Replies: 15
Views: 2410

Start Up Bonus Pick?

I personally find Artifact more 'meaningful'. I've rolled +1 dmg necklaces, a decent armour. etc. Oh, for the 3-6 random resource , they're totally random right? You can get gem,wood,ore etc? So it's not really that useful as H3's The 500-1000 Gold is not bad on very difficult start conditions, but ...
by RK
Mar 14 2006, 15:51
Topic: Disappointment with Heroes 5
Views: 15987

and then u still buy the game.
shh. :hoo:

Go to advanced search