Search found 51 matches

by Killroyan
22 Dec 2006, 14:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Elemental Chains, Worthwhile?
Replies: 15
Views: 4794

Well actually this is definitely the case. I am playing dungeon too now (stuck on the cultist, stupid map which is too hard with my current setup). When I cast a meteor shower on a stack you will notice that some stacks take less damage when they have the earth allignment. To see only 4 or 5 minotau...
by Killroyan
24 Oct 2006, 10:22
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 74438

Well I do have to agree that the AI will have a very hard time ever to beat a human in this game simply because the programming would be so complex to calculate every odd/spell/damage dealt. But some things should have been made better already like the autocombat that still does stupid things like r...
by Killroyan
18 Oct 2006, 07:26
Topic: finished 1st campaign on 1.0, now download patches b4 cam 2?
Replies: 2
Views: 1375

Don't worry too much about the resources since he will start the second campaign and won't know yet the resource costs of that castle so not much difference there.
by Killroyan
13 Oct 2006, 07:34
Topic: thats it,im always using@GiveArtifact_Shackles Last Man
Replies: 26
Views: 7409

Yup number of fleeing heroes on heroic is very very low (at least in the campaign).
by Killroyan
13 Oct 2006, 07:33
Topic: nature's luck without nature's luck?
Replies: 44
Views: 10981

I have found some similar results. In the necromancer campaign where you have to fight Godric in the middle castle after defeating the acadamy army I noticed something off too. I had 5 luck and almost didn't get any luck at all (fought that battle over 6 times or so, then decided to go back and wait...
by Killroyan
12 Oct 2006, 14:25
Topic: I am (finally) getting started with Heroes V
Replies: 441
Views: 92951

Banedon, you are quite wrong with the emerald dragons looking weak IMHO. First of all it is the fastest level 7 unit in the game with also the highest speed meaning this is the best first strike and strike hard unit. Especially with nature's luck you will normally get with sylvans and the breath att...
by Killroyan
04 Oct 2006, 14:07
Topic: Heroic Campaign?
Replies: 12
Views: 4357

50% of the stack will join +2% per level. So at level 1 52% will join. 52% of 90 is 47 skeletons. The great thing about this hero is the fact that all undead will join you, so seek those stacks out and then take out the neutrals. I just finished it on heroic and have to say it was a good challenge e...
by Killroyan
27 Sep 2006, 07:18
Topic: Insane wood costs of Sylvan buildings
Replies: 42
Views: 10256

I am playing map 1 of dungeon right now on heroic settings and I can tell you it is very hard to build up a castle. You only get 4 weeks of preparing and resources don't come cheap. I just patched the game and I found it very hard to build up even a small army. So I guess it works for most castles r...
by Killroyan
25 Sep 2006, 10:25
Topic: Float your boat
Replies: 21
Views: 6812

I would say:
25% nothing
25% +2 wood
25% +5 wood
25% +5 wood and 500 gold

Right now it feels like 50% of the chests and the floatsom is useless.
by Killroyan
25 Sep 2006, 10:15
Topic: Favorite Campaign-Hero
Replies: 58
Views: 14071

Markal is my favorite from the first 3 campaigns. Griffin undying. Keeps cracking me up and Isabelle not getting worried by that. Oh poor lassy.
by Killroyan
25 Sep 2006, 06:35
Topic: Grade the campaigns
Replies: 16
Views: 6014

So far, Haven 5. The story is a bit strange/weak and the maps weren't that great Inferno 8. This is mainly because of the huge challenge of map 3. I love it when I get a real challenge. Necropolis 7. Hey who doesn't like every stack of undead joining you. I know I do :))) I especially liked the map ...
by Killroyan
23 Sep 2006, 15:18
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 13425

So far my spell power and defense are going through the roof with enlightment. Attack and knowledge is low. But with summon magic and dark magic I am doing ok. The 50% extra mana is definitely great as will be the extra knowledge and 5% necromancy. So far I am not complaining with Markhal. Level 21 ...
by Killroyan
22 Sep 2006, 13:38
Topic: An interesting flashback
Replies: 179
Views: 47199

Back on topic, I voted yes. At first I thought no it doesn't have the same feeling, but I have a better feeling with this game and a better challenge so far then almost all other Homm games I have played. No more mass slow/mass haste castings but a little more indepth skill building and more concent...
by Killroyan
22 Sep 2006, 13:16
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 13425

Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?

Right now I am in the third map of the campaign and enjoy playing the necromancer a lot. I got enlightment via a witch hut and thought oh what the heck lets see how it works. 30% extra exp and +1 to one of my primary stats for every two levels. Well with a level 20 necromancer it would mean +10 to s...
by Killroyan
15 Sep 2006, 14:42
Topic: Magic compared to earlier series
Replies: 21
Views: 5866

The greater difference from the earlier series is the larger amount creatures you are running around with. A lightning bolt in HommI where you had maybe 100-200 creatures in stack tops was devastating. Nowadays on heroic I face heroes with 400 hunters. What is a spell that deals 260 damage do agains...
by Killroyan
15 Sep 2006, 14:28
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51596

I agree with JJ. It is better to play and scream then then to start screaming right away. Play testing and providing evidence is the best. If you play normal settings acadamy is now easier to build up because it uses all resources. And reading how the other castles have changed I would say necro may...
by Killroyan
13 Sep 2006, 15:35
Topic: Archmages + teleport assault combo
Replies: 7
Views: 3433

Archmages + teleport assault combo

I am not that far yet with the game but I was wondering if anybody has tried the teleport assault with the archmages yet? I assume they still have the hit everything in line attack. So with the artificer you could give them some extra initiative/attack/luck, get teleport assault through logistics, t...
by Killroyan
12 Sep 2006, 10:37
Topic: Which army without heroes prevails ?
Replies: 29
Views: 8029

That was my point. Straight up with only creatures it will propably be sylvan otherwise you have to take a lot of other things into reconsideration: 1. Havens training means masses of priests and marksmen 2. Necropolis means masses of skeleton archers 3. Acadamy means all boosted creatures with arti...
by Killroyan
12 Sep 2006, 07:56
Topic: Which army without heroes prevails ?
Replies: 29
Views: 8029

Armies with a low level hero is all about the most initiative so it gets down to sylvan and inferno. Without gating inferno gets a hard beating in power. Sylvan stays strong without the avenger skill. Then we have 4 high init/speed creatures with 3 AoE attacks with blade dancers, sprites and dragons...
by Killroyan
11 Sep 2006, 06:58
Topic: Inferno 4 - 100 archers reward?
Replies: 15
Views: 6262

Easiest way is to have 100 archers in the upper left castle and then summon creatures which is by the way an incredible nice spell. And the elves only flee with agrael. Use any other hero and they will stay.

Go to advanced search