Search found 34 matches

by FatalTheRabbit
28 Jan 2006, 19:03
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes V Impressions: Post yours here
Replies: 90
Views: 40503

Low teir units retaining usefullness is one of the best things about Heroes III gameplay compared to other strategy games, and it should be the same with heroes V.
by FatalTheRabbit
28 Jan 2006, 12:31

Don't worry, I don't intend to be a jerkoff. I do care about the game... quite a bit actually(I'm still playing heroes III!), but after such a long development period seeing the game in this state is kind of demoralizing especialy when the non-technical flaws seem, to me anyway, like no brainers. It...
by FatalTheRabbit
28 Jan 2006, 12:15

I'm not trying to split hairs it's just that the beta has flaws where the previous heroes didn't. I mean you'd think with 4 previous titles in the series to base their work on Nival could produce a decent interface for combat, creature info, and town management, but it probably couldn't have been ma...
by FatalTheRabbit
28 Jan 2006, 10:53

I was disappointed. There are major problems with camera freedom in battle, and within the town as well as control issues. The lyrics to the Haven theme are childishly goofy in much the same way as many unit names are. The town management interface is very awkward, and tedious to sift through. It's ...
by FatalTheRabbit
28 Jan 2006, 05:01
Topic: questionable originality of certain HOMM5 creatures
Replies: 25
Views: 13155

Why is it that some joker always comes along saying something like this during the development of a new game?

Anyway, regardless, warhammer has the least right to claim originality. Besides, there's hardly any true originality at this point in anything.
by FatalTheRabbit
26 Jan 2006, 09:42
Topic: 8x10
Replies: 346
Views: 74911

It doesn't look like we have too much too worry about since the beta has been released guys. Now that the closed testers can speak a little more freely, and there are new open testers it seems pretty clear that the 8x10 size is probably not going to persist from what I've observed on the official fo...
by FatalTheRabbit
25 Jan 2006, 02:02

The very fact that we don't know if the final battlefield size is ultimately good or bad ensures that it will go in circles. But you've already made your decision that you're not going to buy this game, right? So why do you keep returning to talk about H5? Shouldn't you be playing your order-of-mag...
by FatalTheRabbit
25 Jan 2006, 01:46

How absolutely futile. That question was discussed thoroughly corribus. Read the damn thread rather than trying to lead it around it circles.
by FatalTheRabbit
25 Jan 2006, 00:25

Corribus... You are ridiculous. Have you forgotten these six or seven pages of discussion? I've never seen anyone with such selective vision. Thick as brick wall.
by FatalTheRabbit
25 Jan 2006, 00:12

Are you joking? Are you telling me that all we know about combat means absolutely nothing? Please... Don't kid yourself. Take a look at that screenshot, and tell me how in the most ridiculous of imaginations that it could allow for any tactics.
by FatalTheRabbit
24 Jan 2006, 23:18

OMFG just looking at that thing... That's it. There's no way I'm paying for this. No way in hell. Just take battle mode out of the game as it has no strategic value whatsoever, and let the computer automatically decide it. That will save time right nival? It's just eye candy for the brainless monkey...
by FatalTheRabbit
24 Jan 2006, 03:35

If anyone here has the beta already could you give us an idea of how the battlefield plays?
by FatalTheRabbit
23 Jan 2006, 20:49

That's good news at least. I've been playing through the Heroes II campaign just to refresh my memory, and ensure that my conclusions are well supported by practical experience, and I must say combat on a small field is a tactless slugfest, as almost any unit has full run of the battle field after t...
by FatalTheRabbit
23 Jan 2006, 00:46
Topic: MAJOR DESIGN FLAW IN HMM5
Replies: 9
Views: 6973

I'm may be new to this forum, but I'm still surprised this guy wasn't banned after the first post. These aren't the Battle.net forums Hurry Sundown, and I don't expect that the sort of behavior tolerated there will be tolerated here. Anyway, HOMM is not Diablo/Warcraft III, and never will be. End of...
by FatalTheRabbit
22 Jan 2006, 20:13

All I've been trying to say with the chess argument is that a bigger battlefield isn't necessarily better, and that there are benefits of making it smaller than we're used to- whether they're outweigthed by other things is something that only testing can reveal. And I've never argued that larger by...
by FatalTheRabbit
22 Jan 2006, 20:00

Yes, it's optimal, but it is also tight in the sense that you really couldn't reduce it much more and still have it playable, while you could probably increase the field somehwat and add a few extra units and still have a workable game. That's what I mean with "tight" anyway. With the gam...
by FatalTheRabbit
22 Jan 2006, 19:35

And I haven't mentioned the exact size of a chessboard. I've mentioned a tight battlefield, one where a large fraction of the squares are occupied. Such a thing hasn't been in any of the three latest versions (I don't know how H1 worked and can't for that reason include it), so there's really no te...
by FatalTheRabbit
20 Jan 2006, 22:16
Topic: New info and combat interface screen
Replies: 33
Views: 16460

Umm, but you see we know a lot about how Heroes V will play, because we played the 4 versions before this, and nival is using the same basic combat system as all the others.
by FatalTheRabbit
20 Jan 2006, 21:56

You've totally missed the point. It's not a question of large, or small per se, it's a question of optimal size(I thought this was clear, but I guess not), and I wrote this in the very post you're quoting! The chess board size is what can be considered optimal for the game play of chess; it's neithe...
by FatalTheRabbit
20 Jan 2006, 19:52

I added an edit on the very last line which you need to read... just a few seconds too late as I figured some one might try to make that point. So, where is the fatal flaw in saying that a tight battlefield obviously works very well in chess and that it also could so in heroes? umm, in the gameplay ...

Go to advanced search