Search found 124 matches

by Siegfried
04 Sep 2011, 07:17
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: project status
Replies: 76
Views: 78033

O.k. I'm on vacancies this week the next days and back end of september. So i can't start earlier. But you might send me a list of necessary software. I won't install windows, but maybe these tools are running with wine. You find my address at my website (info - impressum). Just send me an e-mail li...
by Siegfried
03 Sep 2011, 12:03
Topic: project status
Replies: 76
Views: 78033

Hmmm, i do know some assembler programming. Although it's quite some years ago that i last had to. There are drawbacks, too. I have no idea of windows programming and no experience in games programming. I used to program assembler for embedded control, which is probably very different. So i don't kn...
by Siegfried
14 Dec 2007, 11:41
Topic: Any news please?
Replies: 37
Views: 19232

still alive?

Hmmm, interesting. There seems to be still some life here. Hmm, does that mean we can expect any Equilibris v3.6? Download files: I do not want to make more registrations, f.ex. no reg on fileplanet. I could offer some webspace for downloading the files without registration if anybody would send me ...
by Siegfried
22 May 2007, 05:31
Topic: Let's change the advanced classes!
Replies: 45
Views: 28483

My fault, yes. Although it would be nice to have...
by Siegfried
21 May 2007, 11:21
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 101221

Dwarf style: X% chance to completely resist. Golem style: Always resist X% magic damage.
by Siegfried
21 May 2007, 08:15

These ideas came from the spell discussions thread (https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1117), tha newest part about magic resistance. I think, dwarfen style MR (chance of totally resisting) is somewhat chaotic, while golem style MR (always resist x%) is more order-like. So what ...
by Siegfried
21 May 2007, 07:50

Well, at least i'd agree to try to make the extended class bonus somewhat related to one or better both of the two basic skills. The point in different development speeds is (shortened for simplicity): A level 20 General is lot more useful than a level 20 Guildmaster. A level 30 General is sort of e...
by Siegfried
21 May 2007, 07:31
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 101221

As far as i know there are two different types of magic resistance: Dwarfen style and golem style. The MR the hero gets is dwarfen style (aka resist completely). It would be interesting indeed to add the possibility of getting golem style resistance. Although i would not replace the dwarfen style re...
by Siegfried
21 May 2007, 07:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Scripting help please
Replies: 26
Views: 11119

As long as the enemy has a castle, any hero or any other stack, there is a theoretical chance of the hero beeing resurrected (check for the availability of a sanctuary on the map). So if the specific hero is killed by a neutral stack, and there would be a theoretical chance of the hero beeing resurr...
by Siegfried
16 May 2007, 13:51

In that case indeed you need a small continuous script. Just check if the hero is on the map, and if he is, then disable standard victory condition again. I think the most significant problem arises if he is killed by a neutral stack. This may activate standard victory condition, but you would never...
by Siegfried
15 May 2007, 10:19
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59858

I'm not sure if initial combat skill would be necessary. Combat is useful, no doubt. But the game itself always presses towards combat. So a lord, who gains exp slightly faster than others probably gets combat sooner than others. So it should not be necessary to initally give that to the lord.
by Siegfried
15 May 2007, 10:09

If so, then it's even simpler. However continuous event would still be required (doing it without wouldn't be nearly as simple or practical). Continuous event. If hero named Badd is dead or hero named Badd is in prison then enable standard victory condition else disable standard victory condition. ...
by Siegfried
14 May 2007, 12:49
Topic: Economy in Heroes-IV
Replies: 55
Views: 59858

I agree with the bonus experience gain... that could be useful.. the rest is just too complicated. Maybe a lord could receive experience points when collecting stuff, falgging mines, building things in his town etc.. What i'd like would be: Nobility + mining: exp by flagging mines Nobility + estate...
by Siegfried
14 May 2007, 09:13

Thank you for you detailed reply. I wish I could remember exactly why I wanted to do it this way and not just go for Standard Victory. I think it was to do with the fact that I want the player to see the baddy's dying words, and with Standard Victory, you only have to capture and hold all the towns...
by Siegfried
11 May 2007, 08:49

At some point in their development, I think heroes should be equal (in utility). As it stands, a level 20 General is a whole lot more useful than a level 20 Guildmaster. That means balance skills, their combinations, and then the advanced classes. Hmmm, what about not balancing them, but simply mak...
by Siegfried
11 May 2007, 08:41
Topic: Creature stats discusion
Replies: 38
Views: 25130

Seen from a logical point of view, cyclops should have double chance of being blinded by spell or unicorns. Hmmm, you could find arguments for the opposite, too. With two eyes you have two chances for applying the spell, with only one eye only one :) And the same is true for evil eyes. Generally a ...
by Siegfried
11 May 2007, 08:34
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 145492

Perhaps tacticians recieve more experience from combat, depending on expertise of the tactics skill (at rates of +10%, +20%, +30%, +40%, +50% of normal experience). -Galactygon Perhaps it could be an idea for Tactics/Combat combo? Rate bonus depending on both. So every level of any of these two plu...
by Siegfried
07 May 2007, 06:29
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 14868

Re: The true blade

Interestingly enough, I tried to go through the campaign once again (Champion again, of course) and got to even lower levels than you did - I had heroes of level 16, 14, 12 and 11. Still, even with such an underpowered army it wasn't a problem defeating the Efreeti in the second scenario. I had exp...
by Siegfried
04 May 2007, 11:12
Topic: H4: Principles of initiative explained
Replies: 11
Views: 6156

Ah, o.k., understood.
by Siegfried
04 May 2007, 07:20
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 14868

Hi, i'm currently working on a new campaign. The players hero is death aligned. The first scenario is only some kind of story introduction, and for the whole campaign the focus is on the story, not mainly on strategy or tactics. Nevertheless i'd like to add at least some challenge. So i'd like to ge...

Go to advanced search