Search found 370 matches

by Derek
05 Jan 2011, 00:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Asking The Devs - What Do You Want To Know?
Replies: 51
Views: 35663

1) Could you explain the skill system in more detail?
2) Could you explain the magic system in more detail?
3) How did you decide which towns/units were going to make it into the game?
4) If the beta calls for it, will the game be delayed? Heroes V benefited greatly from being delayed.
by Derek
15 Dec 2010, 17:34
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 171854

4th town is Barbarian(Fortress): http://mightandmagic.de.ubi.com/

by Derek
10 Nov 2010, 14:42
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 171854

Divine/Celestial Champion and Knight of Dawn all seem like better names. "Sun" just doesn't have much 'oopmph' to it.
by Derek
04 Nov 2010, 18:14
Topic: Igromir news
Replies: 74
Views: 34462

This made me lose nearly all interest in the game. It really, truly, sounds like an oversimplification of a game series. I would go into more detail, but I do not particularly think it is worth my time any longer. I had thought this was a solid departure away from HV, but now it seems more and more ...
by Derek
12 Oct 2010, 00:01
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 22948

Please have varying growths for creatures . In HOMMIV, one of the most interesting dynamics was its insistence on staggered growth. We all recall the 1 black dragon vs. 2 hydras--was it worth it? Maybe, maybe not. The point was, however, that it created a "feel" for the dragon. I'd like to...
by Derek
31 Aug 2010, 16:46
Topic: Paul Anthony Romero doing HoMM 6 music?
Replies: 29
Views: 22595

why naga faction? what makes you think there's gunna be one? though they did say jungle terrain... That's why I have my hopes up. Really, I don't care if it's Nagas or Lizards. I just want a faction that has those lovable (Mighty) Gorgons featured. Jungle is the closest I can get to Tatalia, it see...
by Derek
29 Aug 2010, 02:18
Topic: 2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans
Replies: 96
Views: 39470

I'm rooting for a lizard/Fortress town, myself. It just doesn't seem right that it's been so long since the Gorgons have had a chance to shine again. :creative:

At the very least, I suspect the tier 7 of the town wouldn't be a flier, and that does bring out the creative types.
by Derek
29 Aug 2010, 02:16
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 16212

Any word on whether tactics is going to be by default like in HV? That was an interesting change, and I'd be welcome to its inclusion once again. On that note, I guess I'm curious as to how big the battlefields will be. HV battles seemed to end the first turn(paladins charge and kill a level 7 stack...
by Derek
27 Aug 2010, 19:30
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 16212

Jungle terrain? I would sure love to see a Lizard town. B-) Honestly, with Elvin helping on some level I can rest easy. You're such a good HOMM player, I figure you can talk some sense into those designers. :-D In any case, I like the news. I'm far more excited about this game than HV. Somehow, desp...
by Derek
06 Jun 2010, 18:27
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: HOMM3 Phoenix
Replies: 0
Views: 3799

HOMM3 Phoenix

So, I love the Phoenix in Heroes 3(who doesn't!), but I'd rather if I could remove the fire that seems to be burning it to a crisp. Is there a simple way to do this?

Basically, make it resemble a golden fire bird rather than its current (overcompensating) self.
by Derek
18 Aug 2009, 18:20
Topic: Finally getting serious with Heroes V
Replies: 62
Views: 26135

Maybe this goes without saying, but the Necropolis in its current form is the the most map dependent faction. Your dark energy only permits the transformation of certain creatures and which ones are near your starting town influence--and decide--the whole of the game. For instance, the last map I pl...
by Derek
27 Jul 2009, 15:07
Topic: Upgrade choices
Replies: 14
Views: 8655

The only way Pit Lords see action is with teleport assault, and a good Demon Lord has more nefarious things to be doing over that. A few upgrade questions: Is there a good reason not to take Firehounds over Cerberi? The arcs always seem to hit about twenty units, which makes them lovely for quick an...
by Derek
27 Jul 2009, 15:01
Topic: Any Mod for Town Music in H5?
Replies: 2
Views: 4932

Any Mod for Town Music in H5?

I'd be interested to know if there's a mod for making music not reset every time I re-enter a town. Most of the towns have lovely music, but I'd rather not just listen to the first ten or so seconds.
by Derek
09 Jul 2009, 16:23

Banedon: You said you played on Heroic? That could possibly be the reason you think Fortress creeping is bad. On Expert, even with the diminished resources, rune of charge basically is a "win" button against creeps. You could probably take a horde of Arcane Archers in week one...and someho...
by Derek
06 Jul 2009, 14:46
Topic: In Regards to Maps
Replies: 16
Views: 20864

Thanks! :D
by Derek
06 Jul 2009, 14:46

@Eliase_Maluco - you take Leadership ?? Of all attributes you pick the one that does not affect the Undead? 8| 8| Really?? I never knew that. Why it is even avaliable to the undead then? You do get Herald of Death through leadership, but that doesn't seem worth it. Perhaps it's allowed so the hero ...
by Derek
05 Jul 2009, 19:24
Topic: In Regards to Maps
Replies: 16
Views: 20864

In Regards to Maps

I bought Heroes V: Tribes of the East last weekend over Steam($5, which was a very nice deal). In any case, I was sad to see the game had so few maps in it. And as nice as the maps hosted here are, I would sort of like to see the maps that originally were in the game. Is there any possible(read: leg...
by Derek
05 Jul 2009, 19:20

I was skeptical of the Fortress, too, but then gave them a shot(not on heroic, mind you--this could be the source of your ire towards them). They are dependent on their rune magic, but the effects of which make such an absurd difference that there is almost no chance to make a retaliatory strike. Ru...
by Derek
05 Jul 2009, 15:18
Topic: Treant mod for ToE?
Replies: 1
Views: 4101

by Derek
18 Sep 2008, 02:54
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Absence Thread
Replies: 2201
Views: 337806

Here's my advice: if someone offers to buy your white rabbit, make sure to go left at the next intersection. You have a white rabbit for sale? This was many years ago. My dear rabbit, Flopsy the chomper of clover, did find a new home after repeated inquiries from 'The man who wants Rabbits'. I cry ...

Go to advanced search