Search found 202 matches

by innokenti
21 Oct 2011, 21:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Replies: 16
Views: 8713

HoMM4 has some of the best terrain themes, I think, with HoMM3 a close second. HoMM2 has the best town themes (and quite so many of them!) with 5 or 6 just behind it. HoMM3 and 5 don't stand out with anything in particular, but both are good. I am really enjoying the mix that 6 has, actually. There ...
by innokenti
20 Oct 2011, 11:19
Topic: All this "i m not happy with the game" - h6 is awe
Replies: 13
Views: 8940

Really really enjoying it too! I think if you are able to make that little switch in your head which lets you take on the game on its own terms, it's a really one to get into and explore. There are always comparisons with what went on before in the back of the mind, but I think I'm happy to evaluate...
by innokenti
19 Oct 2011, 07:20
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 12163

Right on, Rife. Right on! I think it's great to get another take on Heroes that tries to do its own thing and isn't a slave to using just the elements that came before. They've had their own ideas, they've tried things out and they have (in my opinion) come up with something fresh and different whil...
by innokenti
20 Aug 2010, 09:47
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52603

(PS The above mentioned trickery does featured only sw renderer or you was able to reactivate some true hw engine? I remember that I wasn't. Originally played this game on Ati Rage pro card and was spoiled by its graphic quality. SW renderer is nothing compared to this.) Well, a couple of years ago...
by innokenti
19 Aug 2010, 14:08

*They made Mark of Chaos - something that cannot be forgiven. Hey, hey, hey! Stop here! I enjoyed that game. It was having that right Warhammer spirit. * It's descendant from Dark Omen and Shadow of the Hornet Rat, which were better in theirs times. However this one was also solid and dusted off my...
by innokenti
19 Aug 2010, 09:19

Well, some of the features so far feel like unwelcome simplifications/retrogrades: *Pre H5 turn sequences - probably the single greatest innovation in H5 and a very welcome addition to the series. Added an extra dimension to the battles which genuinely made the more fun and varied and meant that uni...
by innokenti
19 Aug 2010, 08:54
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83669

I suspect the decision may stem somewhat from Clash of Heroes. Where having just 3 resources (Gold, Ore, Crystal) worked. But it worked because it was a Castle-less puzzle-based game (and an amazingly good one) on a handheld console. It won't work so much for Heroes. Simplifying quite so much doesn'...
by innokenti
23 Dec 2009, 15:19
Forum: Articles
Topic: Clash of Heroes Review
Replies: 7
Views: 2821

Clash of Heroes Review

Good fun so far, but annoyingly the tutorials (which I went for first) were replicated in the opening of the Campaign.

Otherwise, engaging and deep! Persuaded entirely by the review.
by innokenti
06 Aug 2009, 10:43
Forum: News
Topic: Animated Town Screen
Replies: 37
Views: 23386

Animated Town Screen Videos

I'll have to work out which ones are which and relabel them first, I think. I've been listening to them only as separate tracks. I may be completely wrong, but in my head I can remember having heard 3 different sorceress themes! The only version of HoMM2 I now have is a re-release pack of Heroes 1-3...
by innokenti
06 Aug 2009, 07:44
Topic: Animated Town Screen
Replies: 37
Views: 23386

Animated Town Screen Videos

I've had all the HoMM2 music for a while, provided thanks to a Russian games magazine I read (or used to read). Their cover discs would have a selection of game music playing on them while you navigated the various demos and whatnot, and the website for some time hosted music from games. Extremely u...
by innokenti
25 Jun 2008, 18:22
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: King's Bounty / HoMM differences...
Replies: 9
Views: 5417

Yup.

And excellent.
by innokenti
19 Jun 2008, 10:34
Topic: King's Bounty: Legend Coverage?
Replies: 104
Views: 36506

Man... I should probably look into the Russian-English translation business... I could make a killing doing quality localization.
by innokenti
23 May 2008, 16:54
Topic: Fantasy Wars
Replies: 12
Views: 4789

Thoroughly good experience with it. It's polished and the underlying system is good. I'd rate it slightly above Shattered Union and a touch above Wesnoth (mostly because you have to pay for it, while Wesnoth is free). But there's some great variety in FW.
by innokenti
23 May 2008, 16:52
Topic: King's Bounty / HoMM differences...
Replies: 9
Views: 5417

or zombie...

There are so many quests and stories in it... it's practically mind-boggling. But then I expected no less from Katauri after the stunning Space Rangers games.
by innokenti
09 May 2008, 15:32
Topic: King`s Bounty: First Review
Replies: 76
Views: 25690

Well, I've been playing around with this for a while and its an incredibly fun and satisfying game. With some excellent story/texts (and there is a lot!) Considering how much I've gone through already and how little territory that was in the game world I imagine this game is quite enormous. With man...
by innokenti
17 Apr 2008, 13:13
Topic: Latest game you purchased
Replies: 254
Views: 58741

Tomb Raider: Legend, of all things. Was told that it was actually good by several reliable people. And Lara is voiced by Keeley Hawes since the story reboot. And it really is. Excellent gameplay, interesting story, great voice-acting. They've clearly been influenced by the excellent Indiana Jones an...
by innokenti
05 Jan 2008, 17:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Wraith Evolution
Replies: 25
Views: 13498

One of the few times HV wins with the Wight. Suitably spooky and ominous.
by innokenti
05 Jan 2008, 17:15
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: We Are Family, Get Up Everybody and Sing
Views: 9025

Well, that's a not-too-bad depiction of Sareth actually. He's got that slight tinge of innocence on his face that just turns the image into the right one.
by innokenti
04 Jan 2008, 17:48
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: We Are Family, Get Up Everybody and Sing
Views: 9025

Not too bad at all I suppose!

Not how I imagined Sareth, I have to say. I reckon he looks much younger and far more innocent for most of the game. Only towards the end would some sort of darker mark start developing, but more as an overlay.
by innokenti
06 Dec 2007, 00:25
Topic: Nival Parts Ways with Ener1
Replies: 17
Views: 5788

Nival Parts Ways with Ener1

I've played all those listed and every one of them is very very good. Rage of Mages, for its time and for what the company was - one of the early Russian games developers to do big things, was an excellent game. It had a good story and good game mechanics which all resulted in it being a beloved gam...

Go to advanced search