Search found 12 matches

by InsaneWallaby
21 Sep 2007, 13:37
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Neutral Units Bonuses
Replies: 51
Views: 30290

It's been awhile since I've played WoG, but if I recall correctly, I use the neutral stack growth or at least some invariant of it, if there is another. I like it quite a bit, but my only problem with it would be that all the units are turned savage. I know you like it for the difficulty, but in my ...
by InsaneWallaby
19 Aug 2007, 01:37
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Java Programing help
Replies: 9
Views: 3668

I program Java for work and fun, and I personally prefer it most out of my set of known programming languages. Although, come to think of it, PHP is nice, too. Anyways...three things... First, a great site to look for help would be java.sun.com. They have forums and whatnot, and it's really, really ...
by InsaneWallaby
01 May 2007, 04:27
Topic: problem
Replies: 2
Views: 2551

I have noticed rare freeze bugs due to the AI in WoG, particularly during multiplayer. I do not know what it is, but my guess is that the AI addons were potentially hard on the preexisting AI due to all the extra various stuff in the game. Also, I'm sure the addons were difficult to incorporate into...
by InsaneWallaby
09 Mar 2007, 14:45
Topic: Ancient .bik file access--how?
Replies: 16
Views: 12634

I have not had time to use it, nor have I had the need to after laboriously extracting frames directly from the two intro videos that I required, but I looked at it once, and it was quite nifty. I'd had need to extract other videos as well, and I haven't really dealt much with programming around DLL...
by InsaneWallaby
02 Mar 2007, 13:46
Topic: Question on two .def files
Views: 2996

Right, it's been like 10 days and nobody has posted, so here's the solution I found. Pol told me about a program named Def Preview, and apparently this .def file is in an older format, so only it could open it. Furthermore, I found that Def Preview fixed my problems with the pixel offset. So, if any...
by InsaneWallaby
21 Feb 2007, 18:51
Topic: Question on two .def files
Views: 2996

Question on two .def files

So yeah, I needed to chunk out all of the images in the defs for various reasons, so I created a program that would go through the def viewer and iterate through all of the images to save them as .bmps, open the next def, and so on. I was lazy and that was quite easy to make, so a 30-minutes-to-make...
by InsaneWallaby
12 Feb 2007, 17:34
Topic: High Score Creature Association
Replies: 0
Views: 1991

High Score Creature Association

Sorry, I may have missed this, but... I noticed there is a score calculator. That is great, and helpful. However, I have need of which particular creature applies to which particular score range on both the campaign and custom maps. Does anybody know if it is out there somewhere, or how I can find o...
by InsaneWallaby
29 Jan 2007, 03:30

Excellent. I don't exactly have anything to play .bik files, but I am finding a good amount of success extracting these videos. I've not had much experience in the area required for looking into this stuff, and I essentially needed the images anyways, so I've created some simple utilities for myself...
by InsaneWallaby
11 Jan 2007, 08:17

Making progress. Sort of cheating, I suppose...just brute-forced it, and grabbed the images directly out using Java. Crude, and not quite as easy on the user side, but effective nonetheless, and for me a TON easier to make. But, anyways, if anybody cares besides Pol, I'm pulling out the images smoot...
by InsaneWallaby
09 Jan 2007, 20:49

Interesting. Sounds ugly. Has anybody ever tried asking for the beta version from RAD? You'd have to be sly about it, though, since they have "No Game Support" tacked all over their website. Not sure if they'd give you it, anyways, though...especially since the error message tells you to r...
by InsaneWallaby
09 Jan 2007, 14:35

Ancient .bik file access--how?

Hello all, I was wondering--are there any utilities out there to get at the data inside these old movie files? It looks like the .bik file format used here was deprecated (probably some old beta version), and therefore the RAD tools do not work for extracting data. It is quite frustrating, because I...
by InsaneWallaby
09 Jan 2006, 20:53
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 153
Views: 141066

Most scripts are pretty easy to make, so I really don't have any requests on those that change gameplay...if anything, there are a few different things I would like, mostly to increase the options available to scripters... 1. Give the ability to change picture of hero or creatures on the adventure m...

Go to advanced search