Search found 174 matches

by berntie
12 Oct 2012, 16:44
Forum: News
Topic: GOG Galore
Replies: 12
Views: 7086

Anybody here, who owns the GOG version of Heroes 5?

I already have the Gold edition and I'd like to know whether the GOG version adds any new goodies. If so, I'll probably purchase it during this weekend's promo.
by berntie
29 Jul 2012, 13:47
Topic: Do You Steam?
Replies: 37
Views: 17469

Re: Do You Steam?

Kalah wrote:So how about you - do you Steam at all?
I've never used Steam and I never will.
by berntie
01 Jul 2012, 16:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 10 questions faq made in paris-
Replies: 77
Views: 41462

The comments are not specific to you. Some of the things however do apply to you, specifically, and I don't think it's my imagination. Have you or have you not stated that "They* killed the Heroes franchise", which is "they ruined the series"? Yes, I said they "killed the f...
by berntie
01 Jul 2012, 14:02

hellegennes, I won't comment everything you wrote but I think I'll have to say something about (what I perceive as) the core of your issue: I'm tired of people saying how much they hate Ubisoft for ruining their game, like it was their property or as if they had a contract with an invisible force of...
by berntie
30 Jun 2012, 12:14

Translation of answers from marketing speech to plain English: Q1: "Never." Q2: "We understand, but we don't care." Q3: "We don't care about long-time Heroes fans." Q4: "F**k you." Q7: "Not nearly enough." Q8: "No, and f**k you". Q10: "...
by berntie
30 Jun 2012, 12:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fan Q&A by Znork
Replies: 13
Views: 7999

Fan Q&A by Znork

Translation of answers: Q1: "Never." Q2: "We understand, but we don't care." Q3: "We don't care about long-time Heroes fans." Q4: "F**k you." Q7: "Not nearly enough." Q8: "No, and f**k you". Q10: "Though we couldn't care less about wha...
by berntie
30 Jun 2012, 12:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fan Q&A by Znork
Replies: 13
Views: 7999

Fan Q&A by Znork

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/808
by berntie
01 Feb 2012, 20:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery
Replies: 58
Views: 77828

Very valuable information, indeed. Thank you, cuc!
by berntie
30 Jan 2012, 12:28

cuc wrote:Heroes 3's Bink files are in an obsolete beta version format
Does that mean that even the game itself cannot play them? Because, as I said, changing the "video quality" option (yes, in the original RoE edition) doesn't seem to have any effect.
by berntie
29 Jan 2012, 21:28

According to the OP, only in RoE the high quality cutscenes can be seen. Either way you can check that by browsing through your disc files with MMArchive. Yes, I've tried RoE with the different settings, but I can't see any difference. It's not the music that is preferable. Like you said, they are ...
by berntie
28 Jan 2012, 21:38

- RoE has 2 sets of cutscene movie files: Smack (low quality) and Bink (high quality). In every later version of H3, all such movies except intros and endings are only in Smack format, making the option of "video quality" rather meaningless. Thanks for the excellent edition guide, cuc! It...
by berntie
15 May 2011, 14:38
Topic: So, which Heroes 2 is the best version for newer systems?
Replies: 3
Views: 4209

Re: So, which Heroes 2 is the best version for newer systems

I found a "Complete" edition of Heroes 2and went about installing that. Immediately I ran into the no-cd-audio problem so I switched my drive letters around, and the CD music worked. Problem is, this version had some Heroes 3 tracks plus the 3rd Sorceress music track and some tracks were ...
by berntie
05 May 2011, 18:34
Topic: So, i just noticed something [H3]
Replies: 6
Views: 4109

Re: So, i just noticed something [H3]

ThunderTitan wrote:i never noticed the recycling before.
Frankly, I don't care that NWC recycled portraits. Why? Because it's like you said: They made it in a way that you don't notice it...
by berntie
02 Oct 2010, 17:08
Topic: HOMM VI Collector's Edition?
Replies: 60
Views: 33504

Avonu wrote:unit statuette.
That's a cool statuette. Where is this from?
by berntie
06 Mar 2010, 13:39
Topic: Any Heroes Mini players here?
Replies: 2
Views: 2147

Mirez wrote:what's heroes mini? never head of it
A free browser game. Was released in April 2006, shortly before Heroes V.
by berntie
05 Mar 2010, 20:14
Topic: Any Heroes Mini players here?
Replies: 2
Views: 2147

Any Heroes Mini players here?

I just noticed Heroes Mini has been closed down. So I'm curious:

When did they close it? What was it like in the end?
by berntie
03 Mar 2010, 16:30
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 56696

Let us play your games the way we want, and we'll be happy to buy them from you. In the best of possible worlds, that would work that way. Unfortunately, it doesn't. Remember when Ubi dropped Starforce in 2006 ? They did it to please the players. Do you think there was an increase in their sales ? ...
by berntie
18 Feb 2010, 23:17
Topic: UbiSoft Online Controversy
Replies: 155
Views: 56696

Rip-off

This is just one more proof that the gaming industry is doomed. As is the music and movie industry. And the sooner those companies go out of business the better.
by berntie
21 Nov 2009, 02:37
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Football (Soccer) Topic
Replies: 797
Views: 197610

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6_40ZnFjOo - does it look like he's feeling sorry after the goal? Well, what exactly do you expect from Henry? He had worse moments (in a situation far less close than in the WC qualifying play-offs). I don't want to know what happens, if the stud hits an eye. If tha...
by berntie
14 Nov 2009, 15:04
Topic: More Good Old Games
Replies: 31
Views: 13697

Re: More Good Old Games

I've been in touch with GOG about the music issues discussed here (these six missing tracks and audio faults in others), and I'm hopeful that there may possibly be an update to address these issues. Watch this space... So can you give us an update about those issues? I'm really curious what they mi...

Go to advanced search