Search found 26 matches

by Llefser
25 Apr 2006, 17:31
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Do you need WoW to install Equilibris?
Replies: 4
Views: 5704

Don't you need Heroes IV patched to version 3.0 in order to run Equilibris? My copy came patched to 2.2, and I have been unable to get the 3.0 patch to work, so I had assumed that I would not be able to use Equilibris.
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Titan evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 30250

I love the stern expression on the HII titan, although the others do have their charms.
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:52
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Fallout
Replies: 277
Views: 74389

The two Fallout games were wonderful. Even though the first one ended too quickly and there wasn't as much to do, I think I liked it a little better. Both were loads of fun to play.

Wasteland is still my favorite of the genre, though.
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:48
Topic: Your favorite Ultima
Replies: 12
Views: 7459

Ultima IV was simply amazing. I only ever played Ultima III and Ultima IV, so perhaps it is not fair of me to vote, but it was one of the best games I have ever played.
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:42
Topic: Worst game you have ever played
Replies: 92
Views: 36177

I'd say Master of Orion III except that I'm not even sure that I ever actually played the game. Sure, I bought it, installed it, ran it, made choices and hit "next turn" but what happened in the game seemed to have no bearing whatsoever to the choices I made, so perhaps it merely played it...
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:31
Topic: Hardest game you have ever played
Replies: 75
Views: 39689

For me, this is a tie between two oustanding Infocom games: Spellbreaker and Zork III. Zork III was the most difficult game I have ever beaten without outside help. It took about six years, but when the game finally ended I felt a real sense of accomplishment. With Spellbreaker I tried my best to av...
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What town will you stick with?
Replies: 52
Views: 16341

I just don't know: I like the Dungeon creatures and a few of the heroes, but not the town. I love the Academy town but dislike the creatures and all heroes except Havez, who seems overpowered. Haven is boring, Inferno is . . . meh. I suppose that I'll play Sylvan when I'm feeling like a hippie and N...
by Llefser
23 Apr 2006, 20:14
Topic: Summon Creature Spell
Replies: 44
Views: 13399

It would be easier to just email Fabrice and ask him. Or wait for someone to buy the game and read the documentation.
by Llefser
19 Apr 2006, 18:23

I realize this, and am inclined to agree with you. They made all creatures cost the same amount either because they felt it was more balanced, or because it was easier to code.
by Llefser
19 Apr 2006, 18:20
Topic: I think this is funny
Replies: 9
Views: 4780

If believabilty or immersion in the game is important to you, this has always been a problem with any HoMM maps that use random monsters. If I'm playing the benevolent ruler of the Preserve trying to save the world from evil necromancers, why on earth are these elves guarding their ore mine against ...
by Llefser
19 Apr 2006, 18:13
Topic: How do you beat the Inferno Campaign Map?
Replies: 42
Views: 16592

Agrael's campaign remined me of the first map in the Yog campaign, in SOD. The same general principles apply: only take what resources / artifacts you need and can get without losses; leaving the rest so as to slow down the pursuit. If you pick up the boots and choose Logistics as a skill, there doe...
by Llefser
19 Apr 2006, 18:01
Topic: 843 YSD: Falcon's Last Flight Scenario Question
Replies: 15
Views: 8000

Playing this map several times has made me respect the Knight's unique Counterstrike ability, which I did not think much of in the open beta. Usually, in the final battle the AI has had 500-700 conscripts and between 200-300 marksmen. But one time it had managed to train up all of its conscipts, so ...
by Llefser
19 Apr 2006, 17:42

Thanks, everyone. I now suspect that there is either a minimum Knowledge requirement of 4 or a minimum level requirement of 8-9 to learn the spell. It is surprising, for those of us accustomed to how spells were learned in prior HoMM games, but so long as it's not a bug I am not overly concerned. Ma...
by Llefser
18 Apr 2006, 22:03

Are there any requirements for learning Summon Creature other than Basic Summoning / Wisdom (other than actually having a Magic Guild with spells of the third circle, obviously)? I ask because of an odd thing that happened to me in the "Falcon's End" map. I had built my magic guild up to t...
by Llefser
15 Apr 2006, 04:33
Topic: The Demo thread
Replies: 353
Views: 82471

Whatever kept making the game crash yesterday wasn't happening for me today. The only changes I made were turning the resolution down, texture quality down, and turning off anti-aliasing. The two campaign maps are a little on the short side but were fun, challenging, and showed off the game well. I ...
by Llefser
14 Apr 2006, 22:52
Topic: Do i really suck so much?
Replies: 42
Views: 15861

I was able to take the castle at the end of month 3 on normal difficulty after a tough fight, without hit-and-running. Gating in all troops tiers 1-6 kept me in the battle. At the end, I had about a dozen horned overseers (down from nearly three hundred) and a couple of upgraded succubi. A fun fight...
by Llefser
14 Apr 2006, 22:44
Topic: User Interface
Replies: 41
Views: 12694

I voted "it could be better," but were it possible my vote would be for somewhere in between "it could be better" and "Clunky, clumsy, awkward & inefficient." My biggest problem is that the "hot spots" on all of the pointers are in the upper left corner. T...
by Llefser
14 Apr 2006, 22:37

-The date, day/week/year should be visible without holding your mouse over the exit town icon etc. The day of the week, at least, is always visible -- just look at the little bars surrounding the exit / next turn button. One bar for each day, so on day seven they're all lit. I thought this was both...
by Llefser
14 Apr 2006, 16:39
Topic: Will HoMMV have a Map Editor?
Replies: 79
Views: 22074

Ubisoft/Nival would have to be insane to not include an editor. Unless they want the game to fail, that is.

It might not include an editor on release day, though.
by Llefser
14 Apr 2006, 16:36

Familiars are now Inferno's non-upgraded level, er, tier one creature; when upgraded they are called imps. In Heroes III it was the other way around, but whatever. The tier one creature building in the Inferno, however is referred to as the Imp Crucible and it upgrades to the Familiar Crucible. A mi...

Go to advanced search