Search found 459 matches

by ywhtptgtfo
08 Jun 2017, 09:08
Forum: Campfire
Topic: This is terrible!
Replies: 3
Views: 4271

Re: This is terrible!

I completely believe Pol when he says the map search is "working as it should". :applause: :) There was a prototype developed two years ago in the early stages of the CH website upgrade. Pol decided not to integrate it with CH because it was not good enough for him. 8| If you don't mind th...
by ywhtptgtfo
29 Sep 2016, 00:44
Topic: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft
Replies: 19
Views: 14088

Re: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft

Yeah, it's probably an accurate analysis and I'm not sure Ubisoft are any better or worse than other major game producers. I suppose moving the franchise to a smaller producer who are more in touch with their employees could be a good thing, but with smaller producers come smaller budgets. Smaller ...
by ywhtptgtfo
28 Sep 2016, 00:58

On the other hand, I doubt this will change anything. People already have the image of Ubisoft as the "big corporate" producer, so some random dev ranting on the web isn't going to change much. Ubisoft is not a company that learns much actually. Even with the train-wreck known as H6, it s...
by ywhtptgtfo
27 Sep 2016, 04:40

Don't forget Scandinavia has a sparse population and smaller talent pool.

On overtime, I wonder if 55-70 hr/weeks are truly necessary. The rumours I heard about Ubisoft is that it absolutely sucked at product management and has a great deal of trouble communicating requirements to devs.
by ywhtptgtfo
27 Sep 2016, 04:29
Forum: News
Topic: CH Hacked, Fought Back
Replies: 7
Views: 5162

Re: CH Hacked, Fought Back

Forum accounts are probably stored in an SQL database. Even the site does regular DB backup's, it should be fine. What's worse is if the credentials are stored unencrypted. You probably want to double check on that, since it is quite common for people to use identical user/password pairs on multiple...
by ywhtptgtfo
25 Nov 2015, 04:36
Topic: H7 1.5 Announced
Replies: 43
Views: 18711

Re: H7 1.5 Announced

The impact of bad project management is definitely catastrophic tsk tsk tsk :) This is far beyond a matter of having good design, gameplay, and so on. Rather, I highly doubt they knew how to scope their products and plan reasonable road maps. At the same time, the studios they outsourced the work to...
by ywhtptgtfo
20 Nov 2015, 01:18
Topic: H7 1.4 and Beyond
Replies: 24
Views: 11863

Re: H7 1.4 and Beyond

I have a very small chance of picking the game up at 75% discount time just to appreciate the art.
by ywhtptgtfo
13 Oct 2015, 05:13
Topic: US Collector Edition Lacking ... Discs
Replies: 6
Views: 6484

Re: US Collector Edition Lacking ... Discs

Why is it Ubisoft is always making these face palms? Is it not interested in making money? Hasn't it been in the gaming world for many years and sold many games already - enough to at least understand how to make money? Sounds like bloated bureaucracy. What likely happened was the marketing and pro...
by ywhtptgtfo
13 Oct 2015, 04:23
Topic: Placebo Effect in Games
Replies: 22
Views: 11952

Re: Placebo Effect in Games

My god, you could be an apologist for Ubisoft. The reviews were bad, so many buyers didn't like H7! Blame the fans once again! If GM could get away with blaming drivers, Macdonalds' get away with blaming diners, Samsung get away with blaming handphone users... I notice this trend too... with review...
by ywhtptgtfo
29 Sep 2015, 21:56
Topic: Heroes VII Released
Replies: 28
Views: 14833

Re: Heroes VII Released

Steam review is poor. i will pass.

It seems like Ubisoft is chronically suffering from bad product management and subpar developers when it comes to the Heroes franchise.
by ywhtptgtfo
21 Feb 2015, 00:19
Topic: Heroes VII: February Screenshots
Replies: 26
Views: 12231

Re: Heroes VII: February Screenshots

Kalah wrote:Yeah I actually had a look at BH's code and it was hideously complicated. Compared to the more efficient coding Limbic were able to put together during the fixing stage, it looked insane.
Limbic is German and BH is Hungarian.

Germany = Western Tech
Hungary = Eastern Tech
by ywhtptgtfo
20 Feb 2015, 00:47
Topic: What do you guys feel when you give your resignation letter?
Replies: 20
Views: 12832

wimfrits wrote:
Kalah wrote:børk! børk! børk! Dutch potatoes!
I agree Kalah. Dutch potatoes are the best! ;)
I thought the Dutch only grow oranges.
by ywhtptgtfo
19 Feb 2015, 01:19
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: HD vs. RoE
Replies: 17
Views: 7333

HD vs. RoE

I agree with Panda, the first thing I don't like is the Hill Fort.
by ywhtptgtfo
14 Feb 2015, 01:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How can demons reach the surface of Ashan?
Views: 15926

The faceless' betrayal is just a retcon based on the premise that the elimination of demons will eliminate chaos which will then eliminate order and meaning.

Fact is, there's plenty of entropy in Ashan even without the demons.
by ywhtptgtfo
14 Feb 2015, 01:14

Good thing im doing C# also then. I kinda been doing lots of CS-related courses so maybe i can even put together a degree. Well. Maybe. Better get them projects started i guess. What skills do you have in CS other than C#? To give you a feel of the industry, this is a very standard type of job requ...
by ywhtptgtfo
13 Feb 2015, 06:37

Well, atleast you've got fulltime jobs =) I've passed 30, works part time-ish job in retail, spends my days trying to learn software development through webbased courses. I would welcome changes :) Doing web-based course is better than doing nothing, but you need real project experience to have a d...
by ywhtptgtfo
12 Feb 2015, 02:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How can demons reach the surface of Ashan?
Views: 15926

Erm... Kirill, Sarah, and Raelag are corrupted but not demons.

The eclipse only weakens the prison and nothing actually stops demons from surviving on the surface.
by ywhtptgtfo
12 Feb 2015, 02:00

I've been in the same job for nearly 20 years, although the job changed considerably over time, particularly after my previous company was acquired. I came very close to change jobs a few times, and for some time I was considering switching to the video game industry. Sometimes it didn't work out i...
by ywhtptgtfo
12 Feb 2015, 01:51
Topic: Heroes III HD Review at PC Gamer
Replies: 13
Views: 7839

There is a free Heroes 2 app available in Google Play which has many great features added. Unfortunately, it's probably not available for Apple-loving Aussies who don't have good taste for technology.
by ywhtptgtfo
11 Feb 2015, 04:44

What do you guys feel when you give your resignation letter?

I just gave my 5 weeks notice today. Everyone around me gave congratulations and were more excited about my upcoming job than me. Ironically, I was going through the 5 phases of mourning since the moment I received the acceptance letter. This seems like a common phenomenon for me whenever I change j...

Go to advanced search