Search found 23 matches

by Aurelain
Jun 27 2013, 17:29
Forum: Articles
Topic: Skill Summary
Replies: 21
Views: 13573

Skill Summary

For anyone interested in having the SkillSummary available offline, the simplest solution would be saving the SWF file. Here is the link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm6/skillsummary/SkillSummary.swf
(a backup can be found here: http://www.aurelain.ro/SkillSummary/SkillSummary.swf).
After saving the file, just open it with your browser ;).
by Aurelain
Sep 16 2011, 8:33

Skill Summary

@krs Thanks for the ideas, some are quite interesting. I think I will incorporate your wish for a wider applet. About saving your hero configuration, you noticed that you can copy the link at the bottom and bookmark it, right? Indeed, the _order_ in which you took the skills is currently disregarded...
by Aurelain
Sep 10 2011, 14:07

Skill Summary

@Shoaura
It wouldn't be too hard to create a downloadable version, but we should first wait and see if people really need it offline. Without actually playing the game ( :) ), I can't tell if the Summary would be useful as more than an info tool.
by Aurelain
Aug 21 2008, 20:54
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 87907

Skill Wheel

The Skillwheels that are included in the official fan manual are just for this purpose. See the last pages of the pdf (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... uals.shtml).
by Aurelain
Aug 16 2008, 9:49

Skill Wheel

Zhiva, the thing with not giving away the fla is that I felt it's best to keep things centralized and not have unaccounted versions. Btw, I still have people sending me emails about the Skillwheel. It seems 2.1 is also popular, and alas, it's not available on CH anymore. Once again, a link to one ho...
by Aurelain
Oct 22 2007, 22:41

Skill Wheel

I'll implement a save feature and fix the mentioned bugs in a few days. Thanks for the debugging!
by Aurelain
Sep 30 2007, 10:02

Skill Wheel

You could use the Skillwheel on my site:
http://www.aurelain.ro/works/aurelain_skillwheel/
by Aurelain
Sep 29 2007, 6:01
Forum: News
Topic: Version 3.0 Skill Wheel
Views: 11226

Version 3.0 Skill Wheel

You just delete the old Skillwheel, michiganjf. It's a plain executable, with no interaction with your system.
by Aurelain
Sep 28 2007, 17:24

Skill Wheel

I sent the executables to Angelspit, so they should soon be posted. I fixed the issue Aku mentioned. I received a feature request about being able to remember the skill configurations. Nothing fancy, just that on exiting the Skillwheel, the current conformation would be saved. Any thoughts on that?
by Aurelain
Dec 12 2006, 21:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: dwarves mission 3 problem :( (heroic difficuly)
Replies: 3
Views: 1367

I guess I'll have to take the same path as you (going back and getting stronger Magic) . Indeed, a difficult mission. I tried to rush the map, but either you're too weak if you get there in the second week, or the enemy has some 4+ Magma Dragons... And, even more disturbing, the Quickcombat seems to...
by Aurelain
Nov 23 2006, 17:43

Skill Wheel

The whole process lasted quite a few hours, mainly because of having to cope with so many languages (scripting the "extraction" process can only get you so far). But, if I were to insulate the work for the English wheel, I'd say... in 2 hours a new wheel could be created. And imaginary faction is an...
by Aurelain
Nov 22 2006, 8:32

Skill Wheel

Lepastur , I think you misunderstood me. The Gating description is not a mistake. They actually changed it! I verified this inside the game, and I can't see a more definitive answer than "It's in the game" . Same goes for Attack, I suppose. It's not like I deliberately changed 20% to 15%... P.S. Cle...
by Aurelain
Nov 21 2006, 23:17

Skill Wheel

Some updates should soon be posted (v2.01) The minor bugs that I fixed: 1. Demon Lord: Arcane Brilliance was duplicated (thanks theGryphon) 2. Demon Lord: Urgash's Call had a wrong description (thanks Lepastur) 3. Ranger Class had Necromancer as title (thanks cypress-spawn) Other things to know: - t...
by Aurelain
Nov 21 2006, 21:10
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel Again
Replies: 19
Views: 4298

Spin the Skill Wheel Again

The wheel is designed for Flash 6. I don't understand what the problem could be. Did the old skillwheel work on your exact same configuration? Also, did you try Flash 9 for Linux?
by Aurelain
Nov 21 2006, 8:42

Skill Wheel

What I would like is hear your opinion on the following two new features: 1. reverse mode: upon clicking a skill, you would see all skills that derive from it. It answers the question: "Where does this skill lead me to?" 2. build-up mode: skills are additive, so you can build your hero just like in ...
by Aurelain
Nov 21 2006, 8:36

Skill Wheel

It amazes me how bugs keep creeping in . The Arcane Brilliance bug is new, because I re-imported all the text. Once a handful of bugs is spotted, I'll fix them. Other than that, all that Shad0WeN mentioned is already implemented (all text are extracted directly from the game files, so, hopefully, al...
by Aurelain
Jul 20 2006, 20:51
Topic: Patch 1.2 Now Available
Replies: 55
Views: 10400

Patch 1.2 Now Available

The skill hierarchy hasn't changed. Only some descriptions...
(I was expecting a fix for Plague Tent and Resistance, both beloging to the Warlock).
by Aurelain
Jun 13 2006, 13:18
Topic: The Wheel Goes Multilingual
Replies: 8
Views: 2874

The Wheel Goes Multilingual

The links that I know of: - French (m ) - Russian (m ) - Czech (m ) - German (m ) It is fairly simple to localize the wheel, so if you care to do the same for your language, mail me. Idealy, you would provide the in-game translation. In another line of thought, did anyone notice any _logical_ change...
by Aurelain
May 22 2006, 17:26

Skill Wheel

@Lexa: As mentioned in a previous post, I am aware of the Resistance issue, and I classified it as a H5 bug. See: https://www.celestialheavens.com/1148307297

Can anyone test it?
by Aurelain
May 22 2006, 16:45
Topic: Skill wheel updated!
Replies: 11
Views: 3135

Skill Wheel Updated!

During the update, I encountered the following issues: - skill changes: Wizard (Fog Veil replaces Elemental Overkill, Aura of Swiftness disappears), Demon Lord (Twilight disappears, Dark Renewal appears), Necromancer (Retribution disappears, Power of Haste appears) - text changes for: Master of Stor...

Go to advanced search