Search found 26 matches

by Khaelo
02 Jun 2008, 15:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Demoniac
Replies: 31
Views: 14153

Another vote for Octavia.

Yes, her special and skills scream "secondary!," but I like her biography and the fact that she survives the Reckoning with her continuity intact. :D I'll adopt her from the Tavern no matter what town(s) I'm playing. She always makes herself useful.
by Khaelo
17 Dec 2007, 00:48
Topic: did this happend to you guys??
Replies: 21
Views: 6974

Yes, my machine made the same claim. Smart computer, it knows that 128 of one thing must outweigh only 2 of another thing...even if the first are mice and the second are elephants. :creative:
by Khaelo
12 Nov 2007, 20:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29797

Please note that this method requires access to the original H5 and HoF games. If you only own Tribes, you won't have H5's data and HoF's data1 to copy.

The single scenarios and multiplayer maps do work. I'm playing "Maahir's Gambit" and haven't encountered any glitches yet .
by Khaelo
12 Nov 2007, 19:43
Topic: Thinking about getting Heroes V
Replies: 25
Views: 8405

Yes, that's what I was referring to. The specific problem for someone who only owns Tribes: Initially the maps would not function properly because alot of the scripts were missing. I fixed that by copying the data and data1 files into the TotE data folder with slightly altered names to avoid overwri...
by Khaelo
12 Nov 2007, 03:28
Topic: Thinking about getting Heroes V
Replies: 25
Views: 8405

From a ToTE-only player

The official campaign downloads currently online require Original and HoF ".pak"s, not included in the download, so they don't work if you only own Tribes. At least, not until someone makes the necessary .paks available as well. That said, the downloadable single scenarios and multiplayer ...
by Khaelo
18 Oct 2007, 20:43
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 310726

Can someone with TotE please check to see if it will run the Legends campaigns? ;|

Thank you.
by Khaelo
08 Nov 2006, 05:58
Topic: Solmyr/Solymr ibn Wali Barad
Replies: 44
Views: 14983

After extensive research, I have concluded that NWC wasn't too picky about the linguistic heritage of their genie names. As found with Google and a bunch of name sites: Aenain : not real name Aine (Gaelic): radiance, happiness Alem (Arabic): wise man Brissa (Spanish): Short form of Briseida, from Br...
by Khaelo
22 Oct 2006, 02:00
Topic: Solmyr/Solymr ibn Wali Barad
Views: 14983

"Wali" means "friend" in Arabic. (Confirmed by Wikipedia , but I first learned it in an academic class on Islam.) Wikipedia also says that "Barad" means "cold" ( citation ). Given genies' fondness for snow towns and Ice Bolt, I think that makes sense. Neither ...
by Khaelo
22 Oct 2006, 01:43
Topic: Sandro Evolution
Replies: 37
Views: 13868

The H1&2 Sandro is the classic. H3 Sandro was disappointing, and H4 Sandro more so. :( (Same with Gem.)
by Khaelo
02 Oct 2006, 01:47
Topic: Lich Evolution
Replies: 48
Views: 27400

Voted H3 power lich.
mr.hackcrag wrote:Not as good as the h3 liches erotic mini-skirt though. :devious:

Not to mention the go-go boots. :D This is why one upgrades liches as soon as possible. (Who needs vamp life-drain? Give the liches some modesty!)
by Khaelo
24 Sep 2006, 19:52
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 176356

Possibly. But we have a pretty messy to-do list these days. Would you be willing to help with that? :D That depends on what needs doing. :) I'd be happy to help out where I can. (I've some time on my hands and a near obsessive interest in this stuff. ;) ) Age of Heroes doesn't seem to have much by ...
by Khaelo
22 Sep 2006, 19:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 176356

In "Dragons" Waerjak is old enough to go hunting by himself but young enough that Tarnum hands him over to Adrienne for babysitting. :D They don't cite a specific age. There is no reference to Waerjak in "Elements." Tarnum is also startled to see that Gavin Magnus is immortal (no...
by Khaelo
03 Sep 2006, 21:24
Topic: Having problems with heroes 3 complete
Replies: 3
Views: 2661

Re: Having problems with heroes 3 complete

Pitsu wrote: IIRC the Complete has two disks, you probably still have the install disk in and need to switch to Play disk.
Exactly. The Play disk is Disk 2. BTW, my H3 Complete had the exact same complaint about 2gigs of memory. :| What's up with that?
by Khaelo
24 Aug 2006, 22:42
Topic: Genie Evolution
Replies: 55
Views: 33615

Voted for H3 normal genie, but I like the MM7 variation even better. :D

~genie connoisseur
by Khaelo
22 Aug 2006, 19:43
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Heroes Community hacked...?
Replies: 41
Views: 10559

In an attempt to access a sub-forum of HC (to go around the musical hacker page), the following error message appeared: 406 Not Acceptable An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forumdisplay.php3 could not be found on this server. An appropriate representation? The current represen...
by Khaelo
23 Jun 2006, 04:09
Topic: [H3] Extracting NWC campaigns maps
Replies: 7
Views: 6891

Oops, looks like I didn't get around to editing that post. :ashamed: I tried ResEdit first, seeing as it had been so helpful with H3 files, but it couldn't find anything in the H4 Data folder. Apparently, it only looks at LOD, SND, and VID files. The H4 campaigns are tucked away in a file named hero...
by Khaelo
12 Jun 2006, 04:36
Topic: HoMM III RoE/AB/SoD/Complete Intro
Views: 16069

found intro

The AB intro movie is on the AB CD in "Heroes3/DATA/Heroes3.vid". It's called "H3X1intr" and is provided in both .smk and .bik formats. I extracted the .smk version from the CD using MM7View . (Yes, yes, wrong game...but MM7View lets you play movies before extracting them which R...
by Khaelo
03 Jun 2006, 19:02
Topic: [H3] Extracting NWC campaigns maps
Replies: 7
Views: 6891

*bump again*

Does anyone know of a similar extractor for H4?
by Khaelo
08 Mar 2006, 19:49
Forum: News
Topic: Necro Hero Bios
Replies: 42
Views: 12745

Necro Hero Bios

re: Zoltan's special -- My impression is that he makes the enemy spellcaster temporarily forget any spell they use. Game mechanic would be that the enemy can only use each spell once per battle with him.
by Khaelo
05 Feb 2006, 23:22
Forum: Articles
Topic: Destructive Magic
Replies: 33
Views: 10411

Destructive Magic

Destruction school looks like a one-trick Charlie. At least the name is accurate. :P What's the strategy for this school...remembering which enemy has which immunity? Not hitting your own troops?

Go to advanced search