Search found 19 matches

by Kosh
09 Jan 2012, 17:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95831

I'm somewhere in the middle in terms of liking/not-liking HoMM VI (I refuse to go by MMH VI or whatever). Pretty much all sides of the argument have been covered in here so I need not repeat. I will say that some of the questionable simplifications they have done have made the game more appealing to...
by Kosh
05 Jul 2011, 20:03
Forum: News
Topic: Video: Ability System
Replies: 20
Views: 8267

Video: Ability System

I find the background music is too loud in many of these dev videos. It can be hard to hear/understand the narrator, especially given the accent. Otherwise a good intro video to the ability system. Would have liked to hear more said about the reputation part of it since it's completely new to the se...
by Kosh
06 Jun 2011, 22:11
Topic: Fire Spells Revealed
Replies: 27
Views: 7698

Fire Spells Revealed

oh man the'yre really going to drag this out if they're announcing just 2 spells at a day :/ with beta at the end of the month, that doesnt seem like many spells? 5 day weeks at 2 spells at a day (guessing i know) = 50ish spells since the 28th is mid-week. Of course I'll take fewer spells if it mean...
by Kosh
04 Apr 2011, 20:12
Topic: Heroes VI Music Poll
Replies: 15
Views: 6123

Heroes VI Music Poll

Yeah kind of a pointless poll with only one full track (Sanctuary theme)... I gave that theme a 5 because it's fairly fitting to the faction, although not really my taste. As for rating H6's music overall... well.. how the heck are we suppose to do that?? lol :/
by Kosh
29 Mar 2011, 13:21
Topic: CH Creature Poll
Replies: 20
Views: 8764

CH Creature Poll

4- I'm in the same boat as many of you. Which actually surprised me, I thought I'd be in the minority for some reason! The 3D models are a bit more detailed than I care for; they look good (for the most part) but this is a strategy game, I need easy unit recognition and purpose, fast/smooth gameplay...
by Kosh
26 Mar 2011, 15:11
Forum: Articles
Topic: Heroes VI Model Page
Replies: 12
Views: 9136

Heroes VI Model Page

Looks good, although imo the Orcs don't really look like Orcs. Although I guess there's more to Stronghold than Orcs. Also interesting that the Necro heroes don't have weapons while the rest do. Anyway artwork is fine and dandy, but where is my gameplay infos ^^
by Kosh
26 Mar 2011, 15:11
Forum: Articles
Topic: Heroes VI Model Page
Replies: 12
Views: 9136

Heroes VI Model Page

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/771
by Kosh
15 Mar 2011, 01:34
Topic: Minimum & Recommended system requirement
Replies: 50
Views: 21358

The DRM comment is worrying to say the least. Hm, what's worrying about it? Ubisoft axed that insanely horrible DRM system a while ago. Now it only requires a brief internet connection to install games, which is exactly how Steam works. Although Ubi should be reamed in its ass repeatedly by consume...
by Kosh
11 Mar 2011, 14:41
Topic: H6 Available for Pre-Order
Replies: 38
Views: 18243

H6 Available for Pre-Order

The only reason to pre-order a game any more is if it gets you bonus content that you feel justifies the early deposit (and in some cases, higher price). I guess if you still buys from local stores you would also pre-order just to make sure your copy is reserved; but buying online these days pretty ...
by Kosh
01 Mar 2011, 00:16
Topic: Reputation System Q&A
Replies: 21
Views: 9068

Reputation System Q&A

I'm also pretty iffy about the feeling monsters affecting this; I don't want to be forced to kill (or not kill) fleeing monsters because it will affect my reputation. More importantly, my concerns are a) my time, and b) if my hero needs the experience. This mechanic seems like it may trump both and ...
by Kosh
19 Feb 2011, 13:39
Topic: Another Marzhin Q&A Video
Replies: 37
Views: 12326

Another Marzhin Q&A Video

Thanks for another Q/A, Marzhin. The only concern I have is that you're actually putting weight behind that poll over the best all-time creature... I mean, evvveryone in the community considers that a rigged/broken/joke of a poll. So it makes me go O_o when I hear the Dev team actually taking it int...
by Kosh
10 Feb 2011, 20:41
Topic: Marzhin Q&A Video
Replies: 41
Views: 13290

Marzhin Q&A Video

So Marzhin, can we then look forward to the end of February for NDA/embargoes to end and a whole bunch of new gameplay info to be released by 'the press'? :)
by Kosh
09 Feb 2011, 23:26
Topic: Marzhin Q&A Video
Replies: 41
Views: 13290

Marzhin Q&A Video

Thanks Marzhin, a little news is better than no news... but we're at the point now where we require more meat and potatoes about the gameplay itself please and thanks =)
by Kosh
29 Aug 2010, 19:16
Topic: First gameplay videos
Replies: 23
Views: 11053

Wow, very hard to believe they aren't using any of the Heroes V engine for this one O_o This was confirmed, right? Or am I just mistaking a rumour I read as truth?? Everything just looks like it's from the Heroes V engine to me! (unit art is better though imo) Animations look good, but I agree about...
by Kosh
27 Aug 2010, 23:50
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 16455

Thanks for sharing with us :) It gives me great hopes that the Dev team really is making use of the community. Elvin, can you clear one thing up for me: does a flagged creature dwelling within Castle A's area affect ALL other Castles' unit growth across the map, or only for Castle A? Actually, does ...
by Kosh
25 Aug 2010, 17:05
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 35984

Thanks so much for those details, arturchix! And thankyou to the Dev whose ear you obviously have as well :) Community feedback/interaction is critical and I'm liking how things are progressing so far in that regard! 2. Some faction unique buildings will have effect in the Town’s Area. I'm just real...
by Kosh
21 Aug 2010, 21:19
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52603

I'm on the fence about so much. Castle control area, 4 resources, fewer factions. There's potential to go either way, like/dislike, depending on how it actually works in-game. I am disliking the fact that I'm worrying about whether this is even going to 'feel' like a HoMM game or not :/ Especially w...
by Kosh
21 Aug 2010, 20:59
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83669

My early impressions without any more information than what we have is that I need to wait for more information haha. But so far some random thoughts/concerns/questions about this drastic change: - Greatly reduced amount of mines on a map to flag seems likely now - Possibly greater "resource co...
by Kosh
21 Aug 2010, 20:30
Topic: Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!
Replies: 79
Views: 37676

Ubisoft Officially Announces Heroes VI!

Firstly, that naming has to be changed. Might and Magic Heroes? No. This series is Heroes of Might and Magic, HoMM, it's an established brand and people recognize it's difference from the Might and Magic RPG series. This is just confusing the two and diluting a good brand name. Notice everyone still...

Go to advanced search