Search found 35 matches

by NurDas
15 Nov 2010, 20:49
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: hydra evolution
Replies: 85
Views: 39439

I have never played Heroes I (maybe I should 8| ) but this picture of the hydra struck my eye. What a great color and what an achievement of picturing a hydra personality with such simple means. I like that its heads are not so close together and not looking in the same direction. The newer hydras a...
by NurDas
14 Nov 2010, 22:58
Forum: News
Topic: Ubi M&M Customer Survey!
Replies: 13
Views: 7279

Ubi M&M Customer Survey!

I've been passive with Heroes for ages, but this survey made me smile and to remember the good old days. Here's my "unique in Heroes" entry (sorry for the mediocre quick-written English): the town screen - beautifully drawn, changing as the game proceeds, mood-making music, (better in 2D);...
by NurDas
16 Oct 2007, 23:35
Topic: Heroes II Soundtrack
Replies: 25
Views: 49900

The lyrics of these songs have fascinated me too and I decided to track down the last ones: sorceress lyrics. And I believe I succeeded! As Darmani pointed out by the knight lyrics the texts aren't from the conventional Bible translation. They are in fact from the original Luther Bible from 1545. Th...
by NurDas
06 Oct 2007, 00:29
Topic: Best theme in Heroes III?
Replies: 30
Views: 11097

Fortress The only town theme that still puts me to listen. It is compact, epic and has some inner development. Many of the campaign themes were for some reason, unused due to developers oversight. In my H3 mod I corrected this. Is it a downloadable mod or did you changed the themes manually? If so, ...
by NurDas
03 Oct 2007, 13:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 5 Freezes on startup
Replies: 4
Views: 3059

Yes, I updated in this order.. 1.01 -> 1.02 -> 1.03 -> 1.04 -> 1.041 -> 1.05
You don't need to install the first three patches. Start with 1.04 (it contains the previous three), then 1.041 and 1.05.

Try if this works for you.
by NurDas
22 Jun 2007, 10:09
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The foreign language thread
Replies: 5458
Views: 715866

Igas maailma sadamas on vähemalt üks eestlane. Ja siin isegi mitu. :handshake:
by NurDas
21 Jun 2007, 22:35
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The foreign language thread
Replies: 5458
Views: 715866

Sellistel puhkudel on tore, kui emakeel on väike keel

Ei tea, kas eesti keeles on keegi siia juba midagi kirjutanud, aga ma tõesti ei viitsinud kahtesadat seitsetkümment kuut lehekülge läbi vaadata. Kui keegi pole juba kirjutanud, siis huvitav, kas keegi mõistatab ära või teab, mis keel see on? Peale eestlaste loomulikult..
by NurDas
20 Jun 2007, 19:24
Topic: Ubisoft Support Answers
Replies: 54
Views: 121766

I posted this to the ubisoft tech help forum, but noone has answered yet, so I thought maybe somebody here can help: "Problem: Game crashes in the main menu screen. It takes a minute or two until it hangs, usually restarting the computer (on one time it didn't but then I had do do it manually, ...
by NurDas
05 Jun 2007, 11:52
Topic: Will the ToE AI be less dumb??
Replies: 130
Views: 25503

1. Those games [IIRC] are RTSs which means the AI may not have to be smart but can use its micromanaging and speed advantage to make up a lot of the difference.
I am pretty certain that Galactic Civilization 2 is a turn based strategy. Or am I not getting something :|
by NurDas
29 May 2007, 22:39
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Game Intros
Replies: 72
Views: 17490

Of course, Theme Hospital! I loved that intro. What a great game as well :hoo:
by NurDas
22 May 2007, 11:45
Topic: Your game collection
Replies: 53
Views: 20755

Thank you. Haven't got too many games, as they're quite expensive for a regular Estonian. I'm principally against piracy so I buy less games choosing the ones which I know are good. And you're right about HV. I was going to buy it, but postponed it as I read about the bugs. So I decided to wait for ...
by NurDas
21 May 2007, 22:38
Topic: Game Intros
Replies: 72
Views: 17490

I still find the Pharaoh introduction impressing.
Couldn't find the video on the net though.
by NurDas
21 May 2007, 22:11
Topic: Your game collection
Replies: 53
Views: 20755

Heroes of Might and Magic II

Heroes of Might and Magic III+IV Complete

Civilization III

SimCity 4

Sims 2

Pharaoh + Queen of the Nile Cleopatra

Gangsters

The War of the Worlds
by NurDas
06 Apr 2007, 22:19
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes of the East Announced
Replies: 207
Views: 63841

Tribes of the East Announced

"Why not the famed Ahsa Kurat"

lol

p.s. inside joke of the Estonian people, I guess.
by NurDas
11 Jan 2007, 14:46
Topic: Heroes II installation problem on XP
Replies: 1
Views: 2063

Well, I was panicing too early. :hoo: Apparently the problem was with the .Now technology intsaller that comes with the 3DO/NWC SoldOut series. I found out that I can install the game without using .Now, but the regular install shield instead and that worked fine. So apologies for the double posting.
by NurDas
11 Jan 2007, 14:12
Topic: Heroes II installation problem on XP
Replies: 1
Views: 2063

Heroes II installation problem on XP

Hello! I ran to a problem with HoMM II The Succession Wars while trying to install it on Windows XP. Before any installation started, I got an pop-up saying: "Setup detected the following problems while reviewing your system configuration: Large Fonts." The Help pop-up says to change the f...
by NurDas
11 Jan 2007, 13:11
Topic: Heroes III+IV Complete released
Replies: 28
Views: 9616

Thank you very much. Now I know my heores's are really complete :D Of course only as officially intended.
by NurDas
11 Jan 2007, 01:13
Topic: Heroes III+IV Complete released
Replies: 28
Views: 9616

I have a quick question just to clarify: Does the Ubisoft Exclusive Heroes of Might and Magic III + IV need any patching?

I believe HoMMIV Complete doesn't, but I think I've seen HommIII Complete patch somewhere. :| I may very well be wrong though..
by NurDas
30 Dec 2006, 20:19
Topic: Access to old game files when playing HoF?
Replies: 6
Views: 2701

Why on earth did they make it this way? Is it normal practice? I for sure haven't seen it this way before.

Does that mean I have to patch the original game for best performance even though I have HOF if I wan't to play the original campaigns for instance?
by NurDas
13 Apr 2006, 18:40
Topic: To Demo or Not to Demo?
Replies: 42
Views: 15062

Aha, no starforce with the demo: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 053234/p/3 (look for community manager Acheval's post lower on the page)

Go to advanced search