Search found 22 matches

by Hobbun
12 May 2023, 14:50
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Question on save files for HoMM3
Replies: 0
Views: 1624

Question on save files for HoMM3

I re-installed HoMM3 yesterday for the first time in a long time, this time with HotA. Started over with RoE and found it odd my manual save was with my CGM files. I honestly didn't know what they were at first as I never ran into that the last time I played this game. When I finally looked it up to...
by Hobbun
16 Oct 2019, 14:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 412052

Re: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.4 [Sep 17, 2019]

I just downloaded and installed MM6 via GOG (the MM I-VI pack, if that makes a difference) and wanted to implement this patch. I believe the GOG version of MM6 already comes with MOK, but the patch notes indicate that the Grayface patch (2.4) the MOK patch comes with it. Is it ok to install Grayface...
by Hobbun
09 Jun 2016, 18:33
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 29228

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

That he is 54 now really has no bearing on whether he can make another Might & Magic (like) game. Although it’s a shame that he hasn’t done that well in his most recent endeavors.

But if he was eager to try another RPG, he ‘found the fire’ again, I would be interested to see what he tried.
by Hobbun
08 Jun 2016, 19:50
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 29228

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

What is Jon Van Caneghem doing now? I don’t think unless he would become involved again, we will ever get another true Might and Magic except by name. Would love to see him start up another company, or at least join up with a company doing an RPG, and do another RPG franchise similar to Might and Ma...
by Hobbun
08 Jun 2016, 18:54
Topic: MM6 HD (Smoother Graphics) Mod
Replies: 37
Views: 50675

Re: MM6 HD Mod

Your next patch beyond 2.0?

What is the schedule for the next patch?

Also, curious, but what is causing/when is the crash happening?
by Hobbun
03 Jun 2016, 19:58
Topic: MM6 HD (Smoother Graphics) Mod
Replies: 37
Views: 50675

Re: MM6 HD Mod

GrayFace, with the MM6 HD Mod, it says you need MMExtension 2.1, but is not compatible with MMEditor.

Can you download Extension without Editor?

And I have no desire to do any modding myself, I just want the prettier graphics. : )

I already have your MM6 2.0 patch.
by Hobbun
13 Nov 2008, 03:00
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 382741

It seems really promising with all the work that is being put into this project. It will be nice to see a true M&M successor (MM9 doesn't count, IMO). I really love the MM6-8 format. Although I think VI will always be my favorite. How will we get a hold of this game? Will it come in the form of ...
by Hobbun
05 Aug 2008, 21:44
Topic: Sound issues with Mok's patch in MM7?
Replies: 3
Views: 2725

No one else has experienced this?
by Hobbun
04 Aug 2008, 23:38
Topic: Sound issues with Mok's patch in MM7?
Replies: 3
Views: 2725

Sound issues with Mok's patch in MM7?

I installed MM7 yesterday and then followed with the official patch and finally Mok's patch. After installing the official patch, the game was still fine in all aspects. However, after Mok's patch, the sound was incredibly loud. Or I should say the music was very loud. The sound effects and voices w...
by Hobbun
01 Aug 2008, 21:41

Glad you like what you see so far! Our release date is tentative and subject to change, but we do see it as realistic. We have been working on it a while; as for the 25%, that pertains to landmass development. We will definitely not rush the project as we want a clean ready-to-go game. Honestly, we...
by Hobbun
31 Jul 2008, 22:42

This sounds like a very promising project! Like yourself, I was not pleased with MMIX at all. I played for maybe 20 minutes and shut it off. I never went back to it and do not plan to. Do you think the target date is realistic with three main members and a couple new additions? I only ask as with MM...
by Hobbun
25 Mar 2007, 15:12
Topic: Where to pick up the Plate skill in MM7
Replies: 5
Views: 8329

Thanks

Thanks all. Right after writing this post I remembered you could pick it up in Erathia. :)
by Hobbun
24 Mar 2007, 00:07
Topic: Where to pick up the Plate skill in MM7
Views: 8329

Where to pick up the Plate skill in MM7

From my understanding, you learn the Plate skill at an Armorsmith. However, at the armorshops on Emerald Island, Harmondale or Tularean Forest, none of the armorsmiths make it available to my Knight. It only shows "Chain" for a skill he can pick up. Is there some quest I need to do first? ...
by Hobbun
21 Mar 2007, 22:50
Topic: Might and Magic? More like Magic and Magic
Replies: 21
Views: 9291

In MM6 - totally. Situation not helped by a nasty bug that makes wearing any armor MUCH slower because the bug negates the recovery reduction that should be given by expert/master skill. In MM7 they balanced it much better by fixing the above mentioned bug, adding fierce weapon skills (Armsmaster, ...
by Hobbun
10 Mar 2007, 04:42
Topic: Delayed reaction in inventory screen
Views: 4019

Suleman wrote:
Hobbun wrote: I have installed it for FF VII, but not for VI. But right now it's VII I am having issues with. However, I plan installing Mok's patch for VI as well as it did make some fixes.
M&M, not FF, right?
Hehe Yeah, I meant M&M. :)
by Hobbun
09 Mar 2007, 19:01
Topic: The future of the (older) M&M games
Replies: 30
Views: 11751

theLuckyDragon wrote:Nothing lasts forever...
Not asking for forever, but I don't think 15-20 years is asking a lot.
by Hobbun
09 Mar 2007, 18:37

You can find a fix for these games at https://www.celestialheavens.com Left hand side, click 'M&M on XP' (I think it's spelled like that) I appreciate the link, but that was not the point of my post. I actually do know about the fixes for the Might and Magic's and have downloaded Mok's patch fo...
by Hobbun
09 Mar 2007, 12:38

The future of the (older) M&M games

I recently installed MM6 & MM7 recently as they are probably my two most favorite PC games. However, since these games are pretty old now (at least old in regards to computer games), I am having issues (like many others) in running them. It concerns me on the future of these games. If I am havin...
by Hobbun
09 Mar 2007, 12:28

… It is a bit frustrating as it seems no matter which setting I go to, there is an issue of some kind. :( Has anyone else had both of these problems and if so, were you able to remedy it to where both did not happen? That's the tragedy of foward progressing technology, it doesn't concern itself wit...
by Hobbun
09 Mar 2007, 02:00

Well, figured out what was causing it. It was when I switched from Hardware Accelerated 3D to Software 3D. It works fine on Hardware Accelerated 3D. However, I did notice white flashes a couple times and saw someone else had the same issue. What was suggested was switching to Software 3D and the pro...

Go to advanced search