Search found 23 matches

by mrPassenger
02 Sep 2008, 20:52
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Confused on skills and abilities
Replies: 17
Views: 7737

Ok, thanks for the explanations. This was my original understanding - but it seemed at odds with what I was seeing in game. When I select a hero and look at their skills (eg. Expert Logistics) it says something to the effect of 'provide skills Scouting, Navigation and Pathfinding' which are all firs...
by mrPassenger
02 Sep 2008, 18:59

Ok, I think I am starting to understand. Can anyone confirm if how I think skills/abilities work is indeed correct? So - on the skill wheel - am I correct in saying that only the first circle of abilities are ever selectable on level up? And that the subsequent abilities are automatically gained whe...
by mrPassenger
21 Aug 2008, 16:35

Hmmm, I don't yet own tote.

Is the fan manual available online anywhere?
by mrPassenger
21 Aug 2008, 15:20

Confused on skills and abilities

I've just started playing Heroes 5 after completing all the Might and Magic RPGs and other Heroes games (see the thread "I just finished playing Might and Magic...all of them in the Might and Magic forum.) I'm a little confused on the skill and ability system. I used the skill wheel to map out ...
by mrPassenger
12 Aug 2008, 14:47
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: I Just finished playing Might and Magic - all of them....
Replies: 8
Views: 4675

I Just finished playing Might and Magic - all of them....

I was going to hold of posting this until I had finished Heroes 5, but I find myself playing less games as I get older, and even though I'm closer to 'catching up' in the Might and Magic universe, it will likely be some time. So, I just finished playing Might and Magic. All of them. Both the RPG's a...
by mrPassenger
18 Jul 2008, 14:25
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Winds of War questsions
Replies: 1
Views: 1285

Winds of War questsions

Hi everyone, I have 2 questions regarding this game: 1. Campaign:Death March Would you recommend taking nature magic and doing the whole death/nature magic for the special summon spells? Or do you not get enough levels in the campaign to reap the benefits? 2.Campaign: The Last Bastion Just curious w...
by mrPassenger
11 Jun 2008, 16:11
Topic: Winds of War - Party Crashers - what was your strategy
Replies: 1
Views: 1972

Winds of War - Party Crashers - what was your strategy

Hi everyone, I was having problems with this scenario this week. To refresh your memory - you start with a barbarian hero (developed from previous 2 scenarios) and barbarian town, but more importantly you have a beast pen (produces 'gargantuans' I think) - with these beasts and a well developed hero...
by mrPassenger
17 Sep 2007, 14:43
Topic: Gathering Storm - Life and Death Scenario trouble
Replies: 15
Views: 8509

Hexis is defeated! So, after my post about my troubles, and getting some helpful advice from this forum - I tackled the campaign again this weekend. For the first scenario - I just split of Doggwoggle - and let him confront any stacks with sorceresses. This guy is the definition of a tank. He waded ...
by mrPassenger
13 Sep 2007, 16:43

You can probably make your way to Hexis, but beating him may not be possible. Ouch!!! :S Thanks for the advice, though now I'm scared. I usually only get off one song of peace, which doesn't help when there are 3 stacks. I'll try using some spells that I normally ignore - I've found in the past tha...
by mrPassenger
13 Sep 2007, 15:18

Yeah, it gets boring. In fact all the campaigns past the first mission (except possibly Lysander, which can be difficult if you focus on just Protheo and Lysander) are barely more than mop-up. I remember I won the final TGS campaign with just Dogwoggle - the guy was a crazy level 47 and could solo ...
by mrPassenger
07 Sep 2007, 14:59

Unfortunately if you stay a Dark Priest you make it difficult for yourself - after all, without Combat, you can barely make use of the Dark Priest's special abilities. But yes, I can fully understand how frustrating it can get to replay the entire scenario :) . Excellent point - I forgot about her ...
by mrPassenger
06 Sep 2007, 15:31

Thanks for everyone's advice. I restarted the mission last night, and have basically got it in hand I think. I've managed to conquer the whole map except for the final town. I can't attack it yet or I get slaughtered, but the enemy won't venture from it so I think i can just bide my time for a few w...
by mrPassenger
05 Sep 2007, 21:35

Re: Gathering Storm - Life and Death Scenario trouble

You don't get an angel, but the spell "guardian angel" (life magic, lvl 5) cast on your hero before combat begins. What skills does your hero have? Heh, just figured that out. As for skills, I'm at work right now, but if I recall correctly I've maxed out life magic, most of death magic, a...
by mrPassenger
05 Sep 2007, 21:32

Thanks Qurqirish! OOPS - I realize now that I AM getting the guardian angel - I was thinking I would get the angel creature, I forgot about the spell. My bad. I'll give it another try tonight - and take more of a 'run and avoid' tactic than a kill the enemy tactic. In fact there were a number of sce...
by mrPassenger
05 Sep 2007, 14:34

Gathering Storm - Life and Death Scenario trouble

So I'm on the last scenario of the Alita Eventide campaign. I have the ring of light, and I have the cloak of darkness. But I do not seem to get the promised '1 guardian angel' at the beginning of each combat. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm finding the scenario impossible - but would be MUCH ...
by mrPassenger
26 Nov 2006, 20:11
Topic: MM9 - is my game broken?
Replies: 2
Views: 3172

Well, the problem has worked itself out...sort of. I was in real-time as suggested. But when I finished the rest of the 'Jarl' quests, suddenly this one got flagged off as well, and the game moved on to the 'gather the council' stages. So, for some weird reason, even though I hadn't done the quest, ...
by mrPassenger
23 Nov 2006, 17:54
Topic: MM9 - is my game broken?
Replies: 2
Views: 3172

MM9 - is my game broken?

Playing through MM9 right now. I'm trying to perform the 'ring the bells' quest to steal the hammer. However, I can't seem to get the bell sequence to work. I've checked against the walkthrough, and I am doing the right sequence, but nothing happens. Is this happening because I'm also in the middle ...
by mrPassenger
19 Sep 2006, 16:24
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 175541

Thanks, I had seen that link, and actually it is what prompted me to ask where MM9, and the HoMM4 + expansions fit in with relation to each other.
by mrPassenger
19 Sep 2006, 14:51
Topic: MM History question
Replies: 349
Views: 175541

MM History question

Hi everyone, I was curious as to where MM9, Heroes 4 (and expansinos), and Heroes 5 fit chronologically into the MM history. My understanding is that MM9 and Heroes 4 take place on the same world. How about 5? And does MM9 preceed the story of heroes 4 and expansions, or does it fit somewhere in the...
by mrPassenger
06 Sep 2006, 14:14
Topic: Questions on MM8 - just starting out
Replies: 3
Views: 5058

Questions on MM8 - just starting out

So I've just started MM8 - and am already thinking of restarting. A couple of things about the game have caused me to wonder if I should play it differantly: Since I seem to have just 1 main character, should I have my main character take all the barrels I come across for the stats bonuses? I'm not ...

Go to advanced search