Search found 7 matches

by pjasicek
06 Aug 2018, 16:42
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: OpenMM8 - M&M8 Unity reimplementation
Replies: 14
Views: 10131

Re: OpenMM8 - M&M8 Unity reimplementation

Hey really great progress you got here! I'm a programmer myself and am checking the code out now. I can definitely help with something like this. With a certain code base you could really make some new adventures and such. Really cool. I'd love to chat more about the project if you have another pre...
by pjasicek
01 Aug 2018, 18:54

Impressive. I'm glad to see you're continuing to work on it. Thank you very much for your kind words :) I plan to see this project to its end - that is, fully implemented original game's mechanics with "somewhat" readable and extendable codebase :) Excellent work. Do you need help from a ...
by pjasicek
31 Jul 2018, 17:12

31.7.2018 - Update Sorry for the long period of inactivity. In the past 6 months there has been a huge amount of progress, nevertheless, there is sooo much more work to do. - Working house loop videos with sound - I had to convert original smacker format to .OGV format with a bit of lower quality. ...
by pjasicek
14 Jan 2018, 22:18

14.1.2018 - Update Most of the work lately was spent on making a base for in-game AI. In MM8 there are 3 types of AIs: 1) Enemy - Attacks or chases player if player is in his agro radius (enemy can be either ranged or melee, melee can have alternate ranged attack so while he chases player, he occas...
by pjasicek
14 Jan 2018, 22:06

@pjasicek This project sounds absolute awesome! I have little photoshop knowledge. If that could help you in any way, I'll be glad to contribute. Thanks for your interest ! I was toying with the idea of making the OpenMM8 in "pseudo-HD" mode - taking all existing textures and rescaling th...
by pjasicek
20 Dec 2017, 06:57

Interesting, taken a look at Daggerfall Unity at all for inspiration? I have not, I'll be sure to check that out, thanks. Is there any way to contribute to the project? Sure, there are many ways to contribute even for non-programmers: * Extracting remaining outdoor/indoor M&M maps (I use GrayFa...
by pjasicek
19 Dec 2017, 20:46

OpenMM8 - M&M8 Unity reimplementation

Hi M&M community, I want to share my work in progress from its earliest roots. What am I doing and who am I I am reimplementing Might & Magic 8 from scratch using Unity. Some of you are surely saying: "Hey, look, here is another guy thinking he can reimplement a game from M&M 6-8 se...

Go to advanced search