Search found 78 matches

by lightbringer23
Nov 24 2020, 17:17
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7 Refilled (Merge compatible)
Replies: 9
Views: 389

Re: MM7 Refilled (Merge compatible)

Finished the rest of the outdoor areas: Avlee, Evenmorn Islands, Nighon, Eofol, and the Shoals. Points of particular interest: In Nighon, one of the locals has stumbled upon some lost technology and has been experimenting with it in seclusion. In the Shoals, we will finally solve the grand mystery o...
by lightbringer23
Nov 23 2020, 4:06

Wrapped up the Barrow Downs, Bracada, Deyja, and Tatalia, as well as the White Cliff Caves, Tularean Caves, Fort Riverstride, the Bandit Cave, and both Castles Navan and Gryphonheart. All that open space in the Tularean Caves is now occupied by more than just wyverns. The backdoor into Castle Navan ...
by lightbringer23
Nov 22 2020, 22:12

Thanks for the help, but I'm going to avoid scripting. If at all possible, I want this to be nothing more than a replacement Games.LOD (or mm7.games.LOD).
by lightbringer23
Nov 22 2020, 20:47
Topic: [Immersion Mod] Might and Magic S&M - Complete Edition
Replies: 11
Views: 666

Re: Might and Magic Merge Music Mod - HQ Enhanced/Class Immersion Overhaul

Wow! Sounds like some great changes to the music. I'll look forward to redownloading when it comes online. I just started listening to the Barrow Downs Aria (I think?) and I love the 2nd movement. It has a very gothic and baroque feel -- interspersing harpsichord with strong orchestral bursts. It so...
by lightbringer23
Nov 21 2020, 17:37

Re: MM7 Map addon (Echoes of Echo)

Cool idea, but unfortunately well beyond my capabilities. I'm sure something like that could be done with LUA scripting, but I'm not a coder. I'm mostly just placing objects with MMEdit.
by lightbringer23
Nov 21 2020, 3:03

Finished Erathia and Tularean Forest. Of note: Fort Riverstride has become very paranoid about elvish attacks, and for good reason. In the middle of constant skirmishes, you may find both sides unconcerned about the difference between their mortal foes and innocent travelers. Clanker's Lab no longer...
by lightbringer23
Nov 21 2020, 0:53

Re: Might and Magic Merge Music Mod - HQ Enhanced/Class Immersion Overhaul

I've been listening to your new soundtracks as I've been working on my mod. It's a vast improvement. Very well done! This has a permanent spot in my Merge :D
by lightbringer23
Nov 20 2020, 8:09

Thanks for the ideas! We are thinking on similar wavelengths. I just finished work on Harmondale, as well as Emerald Island and the Temple of the Moon (EI version). On Emerald Island, there are now more ne'er-do-well contestants than just your party and Brent Filliant's group, and NONE of them are a...
by lightbringer23
Nov 18 2020, 3:28

Re: Might and Magic Merge Music Mod - HQ Enhanced / Class Mastery Overhaul

I can't WAIT to try these. :D

Will this work for the individual games, or only the merge? I'd love to listen to your tracks while working on my MM7 mod.
by lightbringer23
Nov 16 2020, 2:00
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 738
Views: 226041

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

You're in luck -- I just spent the day figuring out how to do that. You'll need both MMEditor and MMExtension. You'll also need MMArchive to make your modifications playable. Once in the game, press F4 to go into windowed mode. This allows you to see the toolbar on the left side of the screen. Press...
by lightbringer23
Nov 15 2020, 21:15
Topic: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]
Replies: 738
Views: 226041

Re: MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

In MMEditor, when I create a new item of a pile of gold, the gold piece value is zero. You receive zero gp when you pick it up. Anyone know the way to change that? I looked in the "edit" page, but that seemed to just be details for other items. I haven't seen other instances of gold piece ...
by lightbringer23
Nov 15 2020, 3:09

MM7 Refilled (Merge compatible)

Hi Everyone! I'm starting work on a project to fill in the empty areas of MM7, inspired by Echo's genius work on MM8 -- her Modling Monstrosity. My goal is to make an addition to MM7 that will fit in to the MM678 Merge, and will feel consistent with Echo's Monstrosity for MM8 and the existing high m...
by lightbringer23
Jun 10 2020, 14:57
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone
Replies: 88
Views: 8378

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 Redone

Ah! Thanks for the tip. I'll check that out. Edit: Found a 4gb patch at Ntcore.com. I applied it to mm7.exe. I loaded a spare save at the area where the crashing occurred, and the CTDs persisted. On the plus side, I was able to easily approach the Arbiter from the west instead of through the pass, s...
by lightbringer23
Jun 10 2020, 7:38

Got a couple of bugs to report, both involving CTDs -- one minor and one more significant. The minor: As part of the "Find a Herondale's Lost Shield" quest in Harmondale, there's an NPC who wants amulets in exchange for plate armor. Before you get told to seek plate armor, that part of tha...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 23:30

Thanks! It was essentially a 3 step process in Gimp. Move image 7 pixels over, Layer>Layer to Image Size, Export. Took just a few minutes to do the female versions of all the armors. Now time to go and enjoy the game and your mod :D Edit: Turns out, just a couple armors had no room to the left. Most...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 22:52

Great news! I figured out how to get Gimp to simply move the image over within the background. It was the "Fit Layer to Image" option. There still isn't room to move the image to the left, but I figure a little missing leg or shoulder strap is a small price to pay for the rest of it mostly...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 22:28

I played with Gimp a little more, messing with Layers and Transparencies, getting in way over my head, and discovered that the armors really are shaped just right. I was moving the armor as a layer on top of a paper doll, trying (and failing) to figure out how to get Gimp to remove the blue backgrou...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 20:46

That would make sense. I was wondering how the position of the box within the paper doll was determined. If it's a fixed positioning, then you have a fixed area within which to move the image. That's the part of the problem -- at least with the Plain Clothes (probably others, too). There's no more r...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 6:58

Yeah, no dice. Changing the canvas size (adding those columns of pixels) didn't change anything -- at least not with Gimp. Maybe you have better luck with Corel Draw? I'm beginning wonder if it might be a flat out mismatch between Maestro's female armors and your new paper dolls. His paper dolls and...
by lightbringer23
Jun 8 2020, 5:45

Hmm... Okay, so I've been playing with Gimp. There's definitely an inverse ratio between the power of software and its user/beginner-friendliness. Got it to save in a format that MMArchive would actually open (Gimp is too smart for poor 20 year old MM7 :P ) I tried increasing the side of the canvas....

Go to advanced search