Search found 108 matches

by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 20:06
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7 Refilled for the Merge
Replies: 46
Views: 5819

Re: MM7 Refilled for the Merge

I'll have to embrace boosting one day... My problem with it is I always absolutely hated worlds scaling with your character level - vide Oblivion, Skyrim. First thing I did was install a mod that delevels the world. I want the final enemies to absolutely wipe the floor with my weak character, and I...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 18:39
Topic: The Merge Convergence (for the MM8 section)
Replies: 24
Views: 1053

Re: The Mini Merge Convergence (WIP)

We need to inspire someone to tackle MM6. It's more fun to play these mods when you're not the author and get to be surprised by whatever's added :tongue: True that! MM6 is an interesting case. It has far greater monster density than either vanilla MM7 or vanilla MM8. The dungeons are much larger a...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 18:13

Not all of them, though, some were clearly meant to be very powerful and I didn't feel they were deserved since those were not end-game areas ;) I should also mention, my philosophy was to balance more based on challenges presented than location. I've always been a fan of situations where some low ...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 18:00

Did either of you try to gain entry into the Elven Treasury? It looked like I successfully got the door to stay open, regardless of quest or faction, but I haven't tested it in a natural game progression. For testing, I temporarily gave the classes plus 500hp, and powered my way through EI with a ne...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 17:54

after arriving to harmondale it was a struggle (those goblins completely surprised me and were difficult to dispose of). Heh. Yeah, arrival in Harmondale can be a little rough. We're so used to a gentle transition. I just thought, "Y'know, that's a fort occupied by enemies. Harmondale is under...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 17:49

I know my knight had 2 very strong swords very early on. But I absolutely can't remember where from :| I also played MM7 Refilled from the start (up to about 15 level), and IIRC they were on that island in Tatalia where you get golem part and where is Tidewater caverns entrance (actually, there wer...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 17:42

Re: The Merge Convergence (for the MM8 section)

I'm going to start playthrough of this mod in MM8 including all the files you uploaded (spellbook prices/buffs recovery/mapstats etc.) INCLUDING lightbringer's monster hostility script from MM7 Refilled and will report all bugs I find (unless they involve hostility, as I understand you don't want t...
by lightbringer23
Jul 6 2021, 17:37

I'll have to embrace boosting one day... My problem with it is I always absolutely hated worlds scaling with your character level - vide Oblivion, Skyrim. First thing I did was install a mod that delevels the world. I want the final enemies to absolutely wipe the floor with my weak character, and I...
by lightbringer23
Jul 5 2021, 1:20

Sidequestion: how did you place groups of enemies in such neat circles? 8| Oh yes! IIRC, I just sat myself on the ground, spun in a circle, and hit the place button in front of my face. I varied the click speed to place more loose or dense groups. I think I did it for treasures in a few spots too. ...
by lightbringer23
Jul 5 2021, 1:14

So I've played this mod for a bit (up to level 30 and Erathia/Tularean quests). I played with a rule that "Once in a dungeon, can't leave until it's fully cleared". If I found that I couldn't complete a dungeon at all, I reloaded a save from before entering it and went elsewhere. My impre...
by lightbringer23
Jul 5 2021, 0:33
Topic: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)
Replies: 18
Views: 708

Re: Merge "missing" MM8 promotion quests - ideas (with text & icons)

VERY cool ideas! My full support, for whatever that's worth. I'll always take quest content.
by lightbringer23
Jul 5 2021, 0:30

Also I would encourage everyone to use groups for added mapmonsters ('Group' field which corresponds to NPCGroup.txt entry). There are several evt commands that operates with monster groups (typical usage example - pirates invading Ravenshore). That's what I did for my Refilled mod, Echo, and you h...
by lightbringer23
Jul 5 2021, 0:27

but nobody except of Echo acted on it as of yet. Actually I did it a little bit in my MM7 Refilled for the Merge mod, from late last year -- mainly putting actual pirates in Tidewater Caverns, but a few other places too. Looks like Echo's going whole hog with it. Awesome! We definitely need more li...
by lightbringer23
Jun 23 2021, 2:04
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]
Replies: 6757
Views: 1016587

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

As for the MM7 refilled/my modling, I've absolutely no idea how to include them in the Merge without breaking everything so I don't have them in currently :P If you've found a way to include them that's safe then sure, I'd throw them in :P DavidHer smoothed out a few graphical conflicts and made a ...
by lightbringer23
Jun 21 2021, 22:16

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 03.06.2021]

Welcome back Echo! You'll discover all kinds of neat things as you go. I started in MM6 with 5x a custom druid class I edited to allow GM in all skills, so I got to explore lots of things. I focused on Master Air, Master Water, the two druid promotions, and a few key spell purchases in Free Haven --...
by lightbringer23
Jun 21 2021, 22:04

Honestly, the main goal of CTHostileMonsters.lua was to keep the new monsters from fighting each other. I didn't try to change their relationship with the guards. In my playthroughs, I actually try to prevent the guards from taking out monsters, because it robs me of the XP. It didn't even occur to ...
by lightbringer23
Jun 20 2021, 5:51

Hi SilverKnight! I'm glad you're enjoying it. That's quite the interesting little conundrum regarding who fights who. I had to engineer some behind the scenes wizardry with monster group assignment in order to prevent all my newly-added monsters fighting each other first, as soon as you get in range...
by lightbringer23
Apr 10 2021, 4:11

I'd love to hear what your experiences are! I tested the mod in Editor mode, and everything appeared correctly and worked right, but I haven't gone through as a player yet. In my current Merge playthrough, I'm in MM8 gathering the last allies before Regna. I imagine if you've gone through all of MM8...
by lightbringer23
Dec 13 2020, 20:36

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

In Echo's mod the genie was just cosmetic -- not an actual race.

Thanks for doing this! I loved her re-tex jobs for MM7, and have lamented their loss for MM8/Merge.
by lightbringer23
Dec 11 2020, 19:33

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 12.07.2020]

I have made Echo's Monstrosity compatible with Rodril's MM678 merge. . The Merge Compatible version of Echo's Modling on the Nexus is missing some water textures for MM6 and MM7. I suspect it has to do with Greyface's patches now including native HD. In bitmaps.lod, the Merge has HD water textures ...

Go to advanced search