Search found 12 matches

by marmot
13 Dec 2016, 10:20
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H3 Some Mapmaking Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 5482

Re: H3 Some Mapmaking Questions

That's great, thanks for the answers guys! Just trying to figure out how to keep a visiting hero from going anywhere on the map and I should be ok. :)
by marmot
12 Dec 2016, 18:31

Re: H3 Some Mapmaking Questions

Thanks. Is there a way to set a visiting hero to stay at the castle and not move? I want to have a computer player control the visiting hero in their base but I don't want him going anywhere. Also when customising a hero in the map editor, will it work to use a different portrait than the character ...
by marmot
12 Dec 2016, 00:34

H3 Some Mapmaking Questions

I'm practising a bit with making a map for H3 Complete Edition and I've a few questions. 1) What does the 'visiting hero' option do when editing a players starting base? I tried it out and saw you can completely customise a hero there with stats, portrait, starting army, etc. but I'm curious does th...
by marmot
10 Dec 2016, 16:03
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?
Replies: 11
Views: 7549

Re: HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?

Cyclopses are actually my favorite Stronghold unit, but I’ve played maps before where I could not get cyclopses within the first two months. You start on Impossible, then find that the mapmaker has disabled marketplace and deprived you of a crystal mine, and you’ll have to try alternate strategies....
by marmot
10 Dec 2016, 13:02

Thanks Pol. Yep there has definitely been a game or two where I had to skip over Cyclopses because of the cost/situation of my economy. As you say though they can have great benefits particularly during a siege, and I'm trying at the moment to practice with them a bit on easier scenarios so I can ge...
by marmot
10 Dec 2016, 11:24

Well, I respect your opinions and thanks for taking the time to reply. But I don't see why me being a "noob" should stand in the way of others being able to give me advice on my question. Obviously I'm not looking to become an expert player who can clear the field in a tournament or whatev...
by marmot
10 Dec 2016, 00:05

Cheers, that sounds like some solid advice. Yeah I think one of the problems I was running in to was going for experience in chests rather than gold. I kept thinking "well, I need to beef this guy up quickly to win early battles and expand territory", but now from what you've said I think ...
by marmot
09 Dec 2016, 18:08

Thanks, so would you have any suggestions for opening moves as a Stronghold player to try and get things going toward Cyclops production? In the first week or so I usually hire an extra hero and start scouting around for crystal, and usually build town hall, mage guild, market, and then orc and ogre...
by marmot
09 Dec 2016, 16:38

HOMM3 Stronghold: Tips on Using Cyclops?

I really enjoy using these units, but it seems my poor economy skills often mean I don't have the gold to recruit them enough or resources to upgrade them for a long time. :P Does anyone have some tips on how to set up a Stronghold economy that can acquire Cyclopses fairly early, and also how to sus...
by marmot
09 Dec 2016, 14:42
Topic: HOMM3 Maps With Deserts?
Replies: 4
Views: 2951

Re: HOMM3 Maps With Deserts?

Alright thanks, hopefully that works for me too. If not I'll post back here.
by marmot
08 Dec 2016, 09:44

Re: HOMM3 Maps With Deserts?

Thanks Pol, I'll have a look. By the way how do you install user maps? Do you just drag them in to the regular Maps folder, or is there another one for custom scenarios where it should go?
by marmot
07 Dec 2016, 23:19

HOMM3 Maps With Deserts?

Hi folks. Was suggested to stop by here from another forum. I recently came back to this game after many years and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some single scenario maps, either included in the Complete Edition or user made, that have a desert starting location for at least one of the pla...

Go to advanced search