Search found 6 matches

by AraneusAdoro
15 Jun 2017, 22:07
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Crowdsourced spiritual successor anyone?
Replies: 13
Views: 8696

Re: Crowdsourced spiritual successor anyone?

Don't mind me, just bumping this with some links: https://restorationofheroes.com/ & https://www.reddit.com/r/RestorationOfHeroes/. I went back to thinking this should be purely fan-made. Maybe not crowdsourced per se, but at least purely fan-made. Yes, I work in the Department of Redundancy Dep...
by AraneusAdoro
11 Oct 2016, 19:49

Panda Tar wrote:
AraneusAdoro wrote: For kickstarter there has to be something visually pleasing.
And be very careful here not to do a "Ubisoft" move.
I don't follow. :|
by AraneusAdoro
11 Oct 2016, 11:56

You are correct, this is a big longshot as it is right now. For kickstarter there has to be something visually pleasing. There is no way that I can see for the project to generate profit before that other than donations. There is also no way to realistically gauge how long this will take until the d...
by AraneusAdoro
10 Oct 2016, 22:26

Some kinds of work should not be started without budget and accountability. <...> To have any chance of success a game designer must be a dictator, which is pretty unrealistic in community efforts. Excellent point and one I did not think about. Any project of this size must have firm control to rem...
by AraneusAdoro
07 Oct 2016, 14:15

Pol wrote:There already is project from Quantomas.
I saw that, but I still can't figure out if he's going to pursue that on his own. If I knew how to contact him, I would. I did see he's been on the forums about a month ago, so maybe he'll see this and comment.
by AraneusAdoro
07 Oct 2016, 11:34

Crowdsourced spiritual successor anyone?

Hey all, I'm new on the block, So if any optimistic soul still had any doubts, it's quite clear now that Ubi is determined to drive this series into the ground. Which is why I'm here. I propose starting the open-source development of a spiritual successor to the series. What I'd like to know is how ...

Go to advanced search