Search found 16 matches

by Dr.Marsupio
Aug 29 2017, 22:15
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)
Replies: 8
Views: 2779

Unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collab. campaign (HIV)

At request of Karmakeld I upload the unfinished map I originally made a year ago for the collaborative campaign. Sorry I didnt catch your reply any sooner my man, it popped up in the second page instead of with the new replies, the comment section on maps4heroes is truly dreadful :D The map looks re...
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 15 2016, 4:36
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Collaborative H4 campaign
Replies: 98
Views: 18875

Re: Collaborative H4 campaign

if this project is to survive, we need more rules. Question: Is this a democratic project? We're 5 people in 4 'teams', but as Dr. Marsupio and I are 1 team, do we each have a vote or do we count as one? Nha, I don't want any kind of vote, I'm not going to be part of the creative process of the sto...
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 13 2016, 0:53

Yhea, There seems to be a misundestanding, I clearly stated I wasn't touching any scripting this time around.
The map is moving along just fine, still a lot to work on, thank god the story is the focus of the conversation now :P
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 6 2016, 4:07

Sorry, but for me it is risk that something will not be as planned. For example we will think out the story where main hero is undead. And what? Your map doesn't have undeads. You could add undeads but this imply that the land is a dead barren and you have only green countryside... et cetera et cet...
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 4 2016, 19:39

Sorry but this is just absurd - I have some spare not public maps so maybe You think out story to them? Blah. To me it is just infinite laziness. :wall: It is called COLLABORATIVE, not "SEND ME YOUR MAPS AND I WILL MAGICALLY FIT THEM IN ONE STORY". Sorry, but nope. If it will look like - ...
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 4 2016, 0:24

Of course everything is still subject to chance, my job is only to make it look pretty :P
Once im done I'll leave the rest to karmakeld capable hands. :hail:

http://postimg.org/image/6yuka1uol/
http://postimg.org/image/t0rcf8mgr/
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 2 2016, 1:33

I agree. Without at least some resource and army boosts the AI is too much of a walkover. Especially on higher levels, as like you said AI is unable to cope with stronger neutrals. It's funny, I always hinder the player with annoying taxes / revolts / a crippled economy to accomplish the sense of c...
by Dr.Marsupio
Jan 1 2016, 1:40

Restricting combat forces the mapmaker to deal with things like fairy dragons, evil sorceresses, devils, which will be hard to balance instant hero killers. Yes indeed! In my eyes is not the whole "combat" skill tree the problem, but the melee and archery branch, those are the ones that d...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 27 2015, 23:48

I find the carry over nature of collavorative campaings to be a pain in the back, balance and play testing becomes such a quagmire. I can do the part I exell at and enjoy the most (the terraforming bit) of a small map and then donate it to another map maker that enjoys the other half to fill the det...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 15 2015, 0:21
Topic: H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!
Replies: 12
Views: 8824

Re: H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!

Yes! I was doing a lot of play testing, I ended up cutting out a lot of unnecessary combat that really detracted from the experience. You can download the map here if you want to play test it or see-it on the campaing-editor! :D http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndle9jecfw41etu/Grandeur.rar The engl...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 7 2015, 23:47

About translating - maybe File->Export Text will help? I used to do translation using it. I've completely forgotten about this button! Nevertheless, the .txt file it created has a size of 298Kb, ok im sorry this is way to go through manually, I've tested google translate and it does a somewhat dece...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 7 2015, 19:03

Looks cool! And also, welcome to the community. I am not myself a player of HoMM4 (3 is my number!). But from what I see, you get a lot of detail into the maps and have a good eye for aesthetics and detail. How far into the map have you come? What version is it? What language is the map? What is th...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 6 2015, 19:25

We're not quite ready to publish it yet, though. We have just re-built our site with a new updated forum and lots of other stuff, so the map submission and database features are not ready yet. We can put them on the server, but the "find maps here" pages are not active. That's alright, th...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 5 2015, 0:11
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 51161

Re: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature

For me its the Evil Eye, high damage output, and hard to pin down as they don't suffer meele-damage penalty (also, some really ridiculous hp and nice solid defense stat) Superb all around unit can, also, they have no business having a speed of 7. Dragonfly is a close second because they always give ...
by Dr.Marsupio
Dec 4 2015, 21:12

H4-XL map "Delusions of Grandeur" Feedback is Appreciated!

Coming Soon :D You can download the map here if you want to play test it or see-it on the campaing-editor! :D http://www.mediafire.com/download/ndle9jecfw41etu/Grandeur.rar The English version is not 100% done yet, but the whole 1rst part of the main story line is, so you shouldn't have any problems...

Go to advanced search