Search found 10 matches

by Logscale
30 May 2015, 16:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7: Various questions on modding and GrayFace's patch
Replies: 0
Views: 2137

MM7: Various questions on modding and GrayFace's patch

Modding with a Byte Editor I would like to mod the class skill tables and spell damage/recovery/cost tables, does anyone have a list of offsets I could edit (with a byte editor) to do this? There's a decent amount of stuff that can be modded with events.lod and Stormcat's MM6View, however it looks l...
by Logscale
21 Sep 2014, 19:38
Topic: Need advice/help with MM6-8 mod tools
Replies: 1
Views: 2216

Need advice/help with MM6-8 mod tools

I've been looking into modding MM6-8 for a while. So far I have gotten started using MM7View. However MM7View is kind of outdated and can't open some MM8-specific lod file formats. In particular, I'm interested in rebalancing and modifying: -Skill rank/mastery perks -Spell and ability balance -Monst...
by Logscale
17 Sep 2014, 16:24
Topic: ASCnD Elemental Boomstick - robust, powerful MM7 team build
Replies: 1
Views: 2975

ASCnD Elemental Boomstick - robust, powerful MM7 team build

This is an idea for an MM7 party build I thought of recently. If anyone has time to test this theory, let me know the results. This build is: Robust, balanced, powerful, and defies conventional thinking. The name of this team build comes from its character classes: (Archer Sorcerer Cleric 'n Druid) ...
by Logscale
17 Sep 2014, 15:37
Topic: Working on an extensive MM7 mod... here's what I've got.
Replies: 37
Views: 31362

@BTB: Thanks for your help posted in my "need help with MM7 mod" thread. I've been reading your balance mod description and wanted to give honest feedback. A general comment about your balance changes: I can't see any significant rationale for removing bows from monks and casters and furth...
by Logscale
17 Sep 2014, 00:15
Topic: Need help building MM7 mod
Replies: 8
Views: 5596

@Pope_Amole: Your post is so bad and incorrect that I have a hard time believing that it isn't trolling, but I will assume you are posting in good faith and provide a good counter-argument anyway. On an unrelated note: it isn't like MM7 is an online game where one person demands rebalances and they ...
by Logscale
15 Sep 2014, 02:08
Topic: MM6 vs. MM7 vs. MM8: My review (May Contain Spoilers)
Replies: 13
Views: 16173

MM6 vs. MM7 vs. MM8: My review (May Contain Spoilers)

I got MM7 in either 2000 or 2001 - with the original box. I still have the CDs for it, and they work like new. I got MM8 around 5-6 years ago. I got MM6 a few weeks ago (and finished it last week) as part of a "Limited Edition" bundle. I got it from Amazon but I think it's the same bundle ...
by Logscale
15 Sep 2014, 00:26
Topic: Did 3DO go bankrupt in the worst possible moment?
Views: 6104

Here's the big problem: Video games have gone too mainstream, the dumbed-down masses demand ever-more graphics at the expense of everything else, and big publishers want to make everything compatible with both PC and console so they can double dip on their products. I've been looking for more party-...
by Logscale
14 Sep 2014, 23:58

I couldn't find spell stat data in the lod files, just text-only descriptions.

Is there a list of offsets that I could just hex edit instead of setting up MMExtension?
by Logscale
14 Sep 2014, 04:14
Topic: Who Sunk Might and Magic? My analysis.
Replies: 10
Views: 7398

Who Sunk Might and Magic? My analysis.

3 main things that sunk the Might and Magic franchise from what I have read: -Too many cheap spin-offs -Fans rejecting the planned ending of MM7 and last expansion of HoMM3. -Focus on improved graphics with the Lithtech engine instead of doing what they had always done best. Note/Caveat: Everything ...
by Logscale
14 Sep 2014, 03:42

Need help building MM7 mod

I've recently been testing MM7View and been working on a mod for MM7. It looks like I can change respawn times and monster with it. However, where do I change skill and spell effects? I would like to rebalance those. I have heard that they might be encoded in the actual exe (which is terrible progra...

Go to advanced search