Very good - really enjoyed those!
by Biggles Final Flight
06 Jul 2006, 21:32
Forum: News
Topic: Choose to be a Wizard...
Replies: 3
Views: 1979

Choose to be a Wizard...

The final Dark Messiah of Might and Magic video is available for your viewing pleasure on the official <ahref="http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/">Might & Magic</a> website... and what a pleasure: That wizard is <i>hard</i> - I'm talking about Darth Vader on steroids. And for those of yo...
by Biggles Final Flight
11 Jun 2006, 19:59
Forum: Articles
Topic: Biggles Review
Replies: 29
Views: 12366

Biggles Review

"Are you kidding me? Two spells per level per school (Exept for summoning...)?! this is rediculous!!"(sic) You know what - I never actually paused to count the number of spells in Heroes V and compare it with other Heroes games. The greater interaction of the skills and abilities system wi...
by Biggles Final Flight
10 Jun 2006, 17:52
Replies: 29
Views: 12366

Biggles Review

Actually - the skill system is derived in part from HOMMIV (which was what I was referring to).
by Biggles Final Flight
10 Jun 2006, 07:54
Replies: 0
Views: 1595

Biggles Review

I've added my own review of Heroes V to the site - it can be found under the general tab on the main page or <a href="https://www.celestialheavens.com/549">here</a>. It's around 1000 words, fairly newbie friendly, by no means comprehensive - but I think I've tackled the important stuff. Fe...
by Biggles Final Flight
17 May 2006, 19:26
Topic: Watch a Movie... While You Wait
Replies: 15
Views: 5709

Watch a Movie... While You Wait

Roll on friday - had my fill of teasers!
by Biggles Final Flight
17 May 2006, 08:28
Topic: Heroes V is Out!
Replies: 87
Views: 21859

Heroes V is Out!

Still waiting. It's a friday release in the UK. I know my local GAME had it in their delivery yesterday. Obviously they can't sell until the 19th.... the dummy preorder box just sits there teasing me :-(
by Biggles Final Flight
12 May 2006, 08:30
Topic: DMoM&M frenzy
Replies: 12
Views: 4352

DMoM&M frenzy

Yay! Finally, those of us who haven't been lucky enough to go to the banquet of games at E3 get thrown some scraps from Ubisoft's dinnerplate. Go check out the <a href="http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/darkmessiah/teaser/">Might & Magic teaser site</a> for an E3 demo and trailer, a dial...
by Biggles Final Flight
08 May 2006, 09:36
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 117868

Skill Wheel

Wow! Very well designed and very impressive! Nice job Aurelain - I know I'm gonna use this.
by Biggles Final Flight
06 May 2006, 07:45
Topic: Might & Magic Website news
Replies: 10
Views: 3530

Might & Magic Website news

Just a couple of updates on the UK and US official Might & Magic websites, respectively: A new development interview with Fabrice concerning the dynamic battle system and the results of the Heroes Fables writing competition. Exciting stuff... just under two weeks to go! If you would like to take...
by Biggles Final Flight
04 May 2006, 20:31
Topic: Heroes V Version Clarification
Replies: 43
Views: 12641

Heroes V Version Clarification

I know the collector's edition is exclusive to GAME stores in the UK, for those of you in Britain who might be wondering why it isn't in any other stores, come the 19th.
by Biggles Final Flight
03 May 2006, 20:22
Topic: Ubisoft's E3 lineup
Replies: 8
Views: 3389

Ubisoft's E3 lineup

Maybe a "fun, fun, fun" DMoM&M FPS game? It does use the HL2 engine after all... ;-)
by Biggles Final Flight
27 Apr 2006, 17:03
Topic: Five Haven Heroes Revealed
Replies: 25
Views: 8057

Five Haven Heroes Revealed

HA! Whoops - where did I get that figure from! Will change it now, cheers Arzang.
by Biggles Final Flight
27 Apr 2006, 16:57
Topic: Five Haven Heroes Revealed
Replies: 25
Views: 8057

Five Haven Heroes Revealed

Five new heroes and their biographies from the Haven faction have been unvelied on the official <a href="http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/">Might & Magic</a> website. No familiar faces yet, but Klaus reminds me of Lord Haart. If you would like to take a look at the original page visit t...
by Biggles Final Flight
26 Apr 2006, 15:31
Topic: The Demo summary: Fans vs Critics
Replies: 30
Views: 8195

The Demo summary: Fans vs Critics

The HOMMV Demo has by now been dissected and digested by a huge range of reviewers, websites and forums. But ironically, its biggest critics appear to be the voice of the community, the fans and not the critics themselves. In fact, the demo has enjoyed thoroughly positive reviews from both Eurogamer...
by Biggles Final Flight
26 Apr 2006, 14:21
Topic: The Discources with Fabrice Continue
Replies: 18
Views: 6412

Discourses with Fabrice 2

That's got me thinking about the expansion packs again...
by Biggles Final Flight
21 Apr 2006, 20:11
Topic: New Map: One by one
Replies: 22
Views: 8147

New Map: One by one

In total agreement with Caradoc - the only time a minimap really gives spoiler info away is on a small map. But in the spirit of compromise: how about a 'show minimaps' tickbox, so your preference is stored every time you return to the site?
by Biggles Final Flight
20 Mar 2006, 19:14
Topic: Ubisoft Writing Competition
Replies: 0
Views: 1094

Ubisoft Writing Competition

Fancy writing yourself into the new HOMMV world, Ashan's history? In a magmanimous gesture towards the Heroes community, Ubisoft has opened a <a href="http://www.mightandmagic.com/uk/">competition</a> to all <i>"writers, wannabe writers, and all-around Heroes of Might and Magic fans</...
by Biggles Final Flight
19 Mar 2006, 23:16
Topic: Dark Messiah in Edge
Replies: 4
Views: 2385

Dark Messiah in Edge

There's no shocking revelations or exciting developments to be discovered for CH regulars and those with their finger on the Might & Magic pulse, but the April edition of UK magazine <i>Edge</i> features an interview with Arkane Studios' CEO Raphael Colantonio. The main thrust of the article is,...
by Biggles Final Flight
10 Jan 2006, 21:43
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Cranky Hero
Replies: 370
Views: 103452

Comic strips

Goody! About time CH had its own comic strip. I look forward to mondays to read the latest VG cats, but sometimes I don't get the joke because I haven't played the game.

I think the crap drawing (which is actually no worse than anything I could cobble together) adds to the funny factor.

Go to advanced search