Search found 41 matches

by Ser Ironfist
16 Aug 2023, 19:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8
Replies: 23
Views: 25142

Re: Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8

@JackONeill Hey, thanks for the review, it's highly appreciated! I already saw your comment over on Nexus. Let me just quote what I answered to your input here, in case anyone is interested: If I exchanged the light elementals for something less "abusable", the last room of the dungeon wou...
by Ser Ironfist
04 May 2022, 18:45
Topic: Might and magic 8 melee team
Replies: 2
Views: 1357

Re: Might and magic 8 melee team

This is the playstyle I gravitate towards naturally, just always enjoyed melee more. 4 knights who focus on armsmaster and 1 cleric who focuses body and, more than anything, light. The game ends up feeling like you're going through vegetables with a power blender.
by Ser Ironfist
13 Mar 2022, 21:29
Topic: MM8 Audio Problems (NOT music)
Replies: 7
Views: 5200

Re: MM8 Audio Problems (NOT music)

Does anyone know why there are audio problems with monsters that were summoned by other monsters? It does not matter which ones, most of the time they are silent. But the weird thing is how it is not always the case. Sometimes it seems to work just fine. I just tried reloading multiple save files an...
by Ser Ironfist
13 Mar 2022, 14:16
Topic: Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8
Replies: 23
Views: 25142

Re: [Mod] Might & Magic VIII - Day of the Serious Destroyer

Recently I picked up this mod again and started developing it further. Now I have what I believe to be a better and more thought through version of what I was trying to do back in 2014. Details and download link are in the first post. I thought I would be so bold as to put this on Nexusmods. Turns o...
by Ser Ironfist
09 Jul 2017, 12:46
Topic: MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)
Replies: 4
Views: 4814

MM8 bow recovery time below 30 (with video)

Hi guys, I just discovered that you can get your recovery time for bows below 30. For melee it's locked at 30, which is very fast already. My darkelf has a recovery time of 5 now. According to this, a party of 4 dark elves and one cleric (for casting light magic buffs) must be the most op party you ...
by Ser Ironfist
07 Jun 2017, 15:57
Topic: Mod idea questions.
Replies: 10
Views: 5973

Re: Mod idea questions.

The hardest part would be the interface. In what way would the interface need changes? Also, there would be no reason to use minotaur due to inability to wear hat and boots. And too little gain. After all, only classes really matter, race just effects starting stats. My plan was compensating this b...
by Ser Ironfist
06 Jun 2017, 15:58
Topic: Mod idea questions.
Views: 5973

Re: Mod idea questions.

I have a mod idea concerning MM8. I thought this thread might be the right place for it. I'm trying to find a way to make it possible so that every race can pick every class (except from dragons). So you would be able to play a vampire knight, a minotaur wizard or else, whatever you like. The vampir...
by Ser Ironfist
04 Jun 2017, 20:04
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 366
Views: 245814

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Many thanks!
by Ser Ironfist
04 Jun 2017, 12:17
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 366
Views: 245814

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

I can't download the MM8 Choose Party mod from your page anymore, GrayFace. May I ask you to reupload it?
by Ser Ironfist
22 Oct 2016, 17:31
Topic: My M&M Assets repacked & reuploaded (updated genie + old MMX characters)
Replies: 39
Views: 36002

Re: MM7 Portraits Retouching & the rest of my stuff, too, actually

The download links don't seem to work anymore, at least not for me.
by Ser Ironfist
09 Sep 2016, 11:49
Topic: Max level training hall (MM8)
Replies: 12
Views: 11275

Re: Max level training hall (MM8)

How did you train after 200? Did you mod it?
by Ser Ironfist
08 Sep 2016, 18:29
Topic: Max level training hall (MM8)
Replies: 12
Views: 11275

Re: Max level training hall (MM8)

It would be cool if someone patched Balthazar Lair to be unlimited or say, 500. Shadowspire could stay at 200. If you think about it, 200 is still way short of truly, fully optimizing your char. It's actually not that easy to level that high in MM8. My highest was arund 150, but only because that c...
by Ser Ironfist
08 Aug 2016, 15:45
Topic: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0
Replies: 81
Views: 75866

Re: Echo's MM8 Monstrosity Modling v1.0

I'm very excited about how this project is going to evolve. You are doing all the things I did and wanted to do and much more. I hope we will see more of this great work :)
by Ser Ironfist
08 Apr 2016, 22:16
Topic: [HELP] MM8 - SPRITES replace
Replies: 11
Views: 6560

Re: [HELP] MM8 - SPRITES replace

I managed to replace mercenaries with crusaders from MM7. At the same time I replaced human peasants with mercenaries again.

by Ser Ironfist
07 Apr 2016, 19:43

No finding the palette is actually pretty easy with a tool like IrfanView. For example if you want the palette of mercenary, you open one of the bmp files in IrfanView, export the palette. Then you can import it to any other bmp you would like.
I guess I need to get into MMEditor now. ^^
by Ser Ironfist
07 Apr 2016, 15:50

You only copy paste peasant and mercenary stats in table monsters? I extracted all mercenary bmps from Sprites.lod, renamed them after the peasant bmps and overwrote all peasant bmps with the mercenary ones. Edit: Ok, taking the palette of the peasants did the trick now. I thought I already tried t...
by Ser Ironfist
06 Apr 2016, 20:54

I tried replacing the palette but it didn't change anything. Going to try it a bit more tomorrow.

But

First have a closer look at the monster I created and think about it again. :D

by Ser Ironfist
06 Apr 2016, 19:09
Topic: Appealing To A Five-Year-Old
Views: 5428

Re: Appealing To A Five-Year-Old

I was like 5 or 6 as well when I first watched my brother playing Heroes 2 and Might and Magic 7. And now I am still playing these games. Until today there are only very few games out there that come close to the old Homm (2-3) and MM (6-8) games. I used to play my own Heroes of Might and Magic with...
by Ser Ironfist
06 Apr 2016, 18:35

I ran into a similar kind of problem. I was trying to replace human peasants (the Regna peasants) with mercenaries. After that I am planing on replacing mercenaries by MM7 swordsmen so that in the end I have swordsmen insead of peasants. The new Regna peasants would look like mercenaries whilst at t...
by Ser Ironfist
14 Mar 2016, 21:19
Topic: Your favourite non-original M&M music
Replies: 4
Views: 3249

Re: Your favourite non-original M&M music

I use the campaign music tracks from Heroes 3 for the actual game.
For example I use "Evil Theme" as my Inferno Town theme. I'm using a lot of these campaign tracks. They really fit in niceley since they were made for the same game.

Go to advanced search