Search found 12 matches

by Lubomir
09 May 2014, 11:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Unofficial balancing patch between upgrades v 0.35
Replies: 37
Views: 25287

Thanks for your reply. I believe you got what's my patch about. Many people write to me about balancing whole towns or levels whatsoever. I am not balancing the game! I do like some inbalancness, in a way it is acceptable and fun. All what I do is, I am making both upgrades somehow useful. Always. B...
by Lubomir
07 May 2014, 08:38

Is seems like this patch was dropped. Does anyone know of any other respectable balance patches out there? :S No, it was NOT dorpped. I was travelling some. I read your feedback, proceeded into new version. Changes in version 0.35: Academy Battlemage Spell fist highered mastery to advanced from bas...
by Lubomir
21 Sep 2013, 15:45
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 135280

Best town in maps with access to more gold mines (like 4+) is obviously heaven. Imagine you have 20 monks/month. Combined with nice light and dark magic, perfect morale bonuses, heaven are champions. In maps where you have fewer but largers stacs of creatures, suprisingly Necorpolis is the best. I m...
by Lubomir
15 Sep 2013, 18:05

I'll wait and test the next version. One thought; I think making all Inferno fire-proof or at least resistant makes sense. I always thought it's strange they have no immunity. Why Nival went that way Idk, but a guess it might be, it made them too strong against Dungeon? That might be a load of rubb...
by Lubomir
15 Sep 2013, 10:52

Yes. downloading can be a bit tricky. Thank you for helping me test it though, I have found one mistake I did - Archlich has initiative 11 instead of 10, I will correct it to the next version. I spent yesterday testing, my patch doesn't seem to affect the game too much, but I haven't tried Inferno y...
by Lubomir
14 Sep 2013, 21:01

And I do so without removing Nival's decisions.. My initial reaction without having played the patch: It seems like giving Inferno a 50% Armageddon strategy is pretty hefty change of Nival's decisions. Like Markur said, many variables influence which upgrade is best. For example Lord's are nice on ...
by Lubomir
14 Sep 2013, 15:44

@ Lubomir Since I'm more the adventurer, I was talking with what I call a Battle-Master, and he shared this thought; "As a starting point, might be a good idea would be to see what albolabris & Elvin did on their respective "modded" duel/arena maps, they've thought through a lot ...
by Lubomir
14 Sep 2013, 10:17

Ok, 24 hours no more posts. I have made some changes due to parcaleste's feedback and I think it's time to release first (or second) version of my patch and start testing. Also mind that I acknowledged your suggestions, but if they were in direct conflict with mine, I had to choose one option and th...
by Lubomir
13 Sep 2013, 08:55

Hello guys! Based on feedback I was given, let me edit my list of changes now. 12. Champions now stay the same, obviously immune to frenzy is after all convincing to pick Paladins. 8. I would prefer to keep things simple and identical. Nival set the value of targets to 5 and now players are used to ...
by Lubomir
12 Sep 2013, 19:11

Hello folks! Glad this thread is being more read and discuss! Please come and join, this is not much work we are about to do, but it can make some playing difference. Once again guys I feel the need to explain what we are doing and why. I feel this is mistaken a bit. We are not altering game mechani...
by Lubomir
12 Sep 2013, 10:23

mr.hack - you are the only person I heard of picking vampire lords as well as not considering arcane archers an obvious overpowered unit. Anyway I read tons of people complaining about these two in particular, but there are many others considered OP. markkur - what I am attempting to create is not a...
by Lubomir
09 Sep 2013, 11:13

Unofficial balancing patch between upgrades v 0.35

Install? I am sure you can figure that out yourselves! But just in case. Unpack the file using winrar. Copy it into HeroesV/data folder. Run the game with my patch. Uninstall? Delete the files you just copied. Play the game as it was. Version 0.2 http://rapidshare.com/share/91132B423821C9099CAF3D5B...

Go to advanced search