Search found 15 matches

by zaio-baio
13 Dec 2015, 10:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Just bought Heroes 5 TotE. Now what?
Replies: 25
Views: 15181

Re: Just bought Heroes 5 TotE. Now what?

nginferno wrote:So I am an utter newbie who has not a single clue what to do right now, can someone provide me some guidelines?
Go to ubi.com and play some multiplayer games. There is also a good amount of players on gameranger.
by zaio-baio
04 Dec 2015, 23:37
Topic: [TotE] Best faction on different maps
Replies: 2
Views: 8912

Re: [TotE] Best faction on different maps

Small maps, resource short 1. Necropolis (cheap early dwellings, easy to gain more troops, amazing for creeping) 2. Stronghold (reasonably cheap, don't need to spend money on mage guild, good shooters, Shatter Dark is a MUST) 3. Haven (you probably won't be able to make use of Training, taxpayer FT...
by zaio-baio
08 May 2014, 19:52
Topic: Unofficial balancing patch between upgrades v 0.35
Replies: 37
Views: 25499

Hi, nice to see that you updated your mod. Will share my thoughts shortly. Changes in version 0.35: Academy Battlemage Spell fist highered mastery to advanced from basic. Djin Vizier att/deff 12/12 instead of 13/13 No need to boost the fist spell imo. Those battle mages are ment to be used lategame ...
by zaio-baio
13 Apr 2014, 10:42
Topic: Some thoughts about Runemages and Fortress faction
Replies: 3
Views: 5849

Re: Some thoughts about Runemages and Fortress faction

No doubt Fortress is VERY DANGEROUS. In late game when you have accumulated lots of resources, rune spamming is terrifying. I never know what Runes my opponent may have, what abilities his troops can muster, and being able to do unexpected things like running across the battlefield in one shot, bec...
by zaio-baio
30 Nov 2013, 19:03
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 136165

Did you play the A.I. before you retired? Yes, it was pretty good. I guess every HoMM game needs Tournaments...to flush out all the "enlightened-workarounds-"<LOL> I always prefered to get 1 shatter only ( mostly dark) and mentor out enlightenment in favour of luck. Anyways, its safer wit...
by zaio-baio
30 Nov 2013, 10:55

Btw, I use the "J" Mod from Quantomas because it allows 8 skills. For me, only 6 was always a bad idea. Because of this Its not really apples to apples for me to comment about balance, Playing stronghold I can have an anti-magic (or two) and not rob me of something good for the faction. M...
by zaio-baio
22 Sep 2013, 20:20

Re: Necro's not so secret...secret

I thought Diplomacy is a waste in HV anyway. On ubi/toh maps yes, on rmg maps its another story. Diplomacy + crown of leadeship is very very abusive. For instance leaving a few hordes of paladins for week 7-8, when you already have that big paladin stack + all your army with you. You also need +luc...
by zaio-baio
22 Sep 2013, 07:37

Variol wrote:I assume the above is referring to the "upgrade" ability of the Haven town, or heroes?

What's "arma"??
Yes, the training ability.

"arma" is shortened from armageddon, lvl 5 destructive spell.
by zaio-baio
21 Sep 2013, 20:48

Best town in maps with access to more gold mines (like 4+) is obviously heaven. Imagine you have 20 monks/month. Combined with nice light and dark magic, perfect morale bonuses, heaven are champions. 2 gold mines are enough, even with 1 you can train enough to have the upper hand over most factions...
by zaio-baio
18 Sep 2013, 17:49

Strongest town overall is Sylvan. However its not that simple. Factions strengh is tied to the map. On small maps Academy with havez and Necro with kaspar are the best town/hero choices. Both heroes start with warmashines, have high chance to learn summoning magic and their towns ( academy and necro...
by zaio-baio
12 Sep 2013, 20:06

8. I would downgrade a bit crystal dragons, by lowering their initiative from 14 to 13 and their attack from 30 to 28 . It will make then less likely to strike foe's army at the beginning of combat. I too felt they are being picked more very often comparing to Emeralds. 9. I would downgrade wind da...
by zaio-baio
12 Sep 2013, 13:10

H5 is pretty good for singleplayer, but as far as the MP goes some rebalancing will be a good idea. Note that there is a difference between overpowered and broken. Overpowered means that the concept of an unit is fine, but its stats are simply too good. Broken ,on the other hand, is when something i...
by zaio-baio
06 Sep 2013, 20:26
Topic: H5 - Vampirism. Good, bad, or ugly?
Replies: 7
Views: 8638

Whats even better is the undead transformer ( required to build wrights). It allows you to transform any living creatures into undead troops. So on large maps with multiple castles you have a big advantage. For instance the map has 8 castles in total. You and your opponent start with 1 castle each. ...
by zaio-baio
06 Sep 2013, 12:25
Topic: Skills and Magic, or just numbers?
Replies: 24
Views: 16730

I ignored the Academy "artificing" for a long time till I was wiped out by a lesser army. Me too, but the resource cost for using it so much higher in comparison to Rune resource cost. I know they are completely different abilities and not perfectly comparable, but it feels like it is so ...
by zaio-baio
06 Sep 2013, 11:02
Topic: H5 - Vampirism. Good, bad, or ugly?
Replies: 7
Views: 8638

Balance wise the vampirism spell is actually good. It provides the so needed counter vs pupet and frenzy for inferno and it also nerfs the lvl 5 mage guild for magic factions, while making dark magic more valuable choise for might factions. In order to make good use of the spell you need a powerstac...

Go to advanced search