Search found 6 matches

by TheRatt
27 Aug 2013, 21:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 162142

I open the exe, and I see the No CD mode screen, then immediately see the standard "Ironfist.exe has stopped working" message. When I troubleshoot compatibility, I see an error message saying "Debug Assertion Failed!" Clicking retry only goes back to the "Stopped working&quo...
by TheRatt
27 Aug 2013, 18:10
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 162142

Can't Open

When I try to open the Ironfist.exe file, it opens to the startup screen and immediately crashes. Is there a specific compatability?
by TheRatt
25 Aug 2013, 16:11
Topic: Heroes 2 Modding
Replies: 8
Views: 8033

Heroes 2 Modding

Well, F6 D9 yields one result, adding 14 00 yields none. I'm finding it difficult to search for addresses with Hex Bytes search, even backwards. Should all the addresses be inside the code? Do I need to search for the offset of a position? I've also noticed that there is an option to change the endi...
by TheRatt
23 Aug 2013, 06:01

Do you mean moving the address? How would you point to the offset? Let's say I would want an extra character to "Knight" at address 0014D9F6.
by TheRatt
22 Aug 2013, 02:29

Heroes 2 Modding

I've skimmed through most of it. I decided to make a new thread because that one seemed dead. I didn't see how you can increase the character limit of a string. Like, if you want to edit a text, if you add more than what is there, it will crash. How do you increase it? I would think that it would be...
by TheRatt
21 Aug 2013, 13:05

Heroes 2 Modding

Hello. I'm currently independently working on modding Heroes 2. I've extracted the main AGG file, and have these formats: ICN- Animations, sprites, game graphics. Converted to bmps with icnpack. TIL- Only three of them. Seem to be terrain textures. Converted with tilpack. 82m- Sound files. Converted...

Go to advanced search