Search found 20 matches

by MadeOMeat
05 Jul 2013, 21:58
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic X
Replies: 258
Views: 144990

I agree that Ashan is very boring, but there's no reason that sci-fi elements can't be added later on. It's all up to whoever makes the big storyline decisions for the IP itself. Indeed so, but if it happens under Ubisoft's watch I'll eat my shell. Mixing genres up makes people angry and alienated....
by MadeOMeat
05 Jul 2013, 09:30

I agree that Ashan is very boring, but there's no reason that sci-fi elements can't be added later on. It's all up to whoever makes the big storyline decisions for the IP itself. Indeed so, but if it happens under Ubisoft's watch I'll eat my shell. Mixing genres up makes people angry and alienated....
by MadeOMeat
04 Jul 2013, 15:04
Forum: Campfire
Topic: I want to contact Jon Van Caneghem.
Replies: 34
Views: 25687

1. First you'd have to contact him. Nobody will back a Kickstarter to publish an interview with a guy who has not agreed to be interviewed. 2. Speaking personally, I don't think an interview with JVC would be worth much to me. If he could be convinced to make some new RPGs in the NWC continuity univ...
by MadeOMeat
04 Jul 2013, 14:54

No. Plot consistency started with MM3. In fact, MM3-5 has the most "meat" of the storyline, where talk about the Ancients and their technology is the most abundant. From MM6, the sci-fi aspect was toned down considerably, unfortunately. Why would you not see MM1 and 2 as part of the plot ...
by MadeOMeat
03 Jul 2013, 12:32
Topic: How do you think the MM series would have ended?
Replies: 13
Views: 8042

And yeah, it would be awesome if one could encourage JVC to gather cash for the rightful continuation of MM. I would also back it, broke as I am. I have recently necroed a thread about contacting him. What thread is that? I guess he's happy making online RTSs these days but you never know. Edit: Ne...
by MadeOMeat
03 Jul 2013, 12:29

Marzhin wrote: If you have the opportunity to read it, Swords & Circuitry is a great book.
Sounds fascinating!
by MadeOMeat
03 Jul 2013, 12:15

Dont really want to turn it into piracy topic, but far from everyone who "borrows" game from his 8k friends (peers in PB tracker) would buy it given that game wouldn't be available. Companies should make game more accessible, not just jack price up to 60 euro and wait for people to spend ...
by MadeOMeat
03 Jul 2013, 10:57

Just so you know -- Heroes V is the best-selling Heroes game of all times. (--edit: which makes it the best-selling game of the Might & Magic franchise as a whole, I guess.) It's also the most pirated Heroes game of all times, but that's another story :) Them's the times we live in. It's pretty...
by MadeOMeat
02 Jul 2013, 22:08

Game market is right. The last few years have been all about action shooters at one end and casual clicky games on the other. And not much in between. It seems that publishers see the huge audiences that are buying Call of Duty and are trying to make similar games to try and get similar sales figure...
by MadeOMeat
28 Jun 2013, 14:43
Forum: News
Topic: MMX Voting #2
Replies: 29
Views: 12456

GreatEmerald wrote:Oh, so they are that kind of tavern songs. Explains why they're all so bad, then.
That's the impression I get. They said it's distinct from the soundtrack which plays in the background. Presumably they'd not have both going at once though. That would be even worse!
by MadeOMeat
28 Jun 2013, 14:31

Under normal circumstances I'd agree that it makes sense to go for the widest appeal - and that's Ashan because Ashan is what the current fans of the M&M brand are buying. However: MMX strikes me more of a low-budget product to "mop up" revenue from the fanbase which Ubi acquired when ...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 14:36

If they were serious about the "Legacy" of Might and Magic the game wouldn't be set in Ashan. I can't believe people are still going on and on and on and on about this ... :disagree: You're entitled to your opinion, but if they want to sell a Might and Magic game to me they're going to fi...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 14:03

Still can hope that they will revive series for more high end titles after they release mmx, not just one niche product game just to appease fans. With the best will in the world, MMX is not going to be a big seller. That's why they're giving it a cheapo game engine. Not because of any "Legacy...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 13:39

Re: MMX Voting #2

Why doesn't anyone mention Steve Baca, ever? Anyway, who said Romero and King are not working on MMX? We don't have any info on that as far as I know. Honestly I have no idea about the relative contributions of Baca, King and Romero. Whatever they were, it worked in MM6 and 7. More of that. All I k...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 12:47

Damn, this sounds soooo awesome. I would DIE to play this. I sooo hope Ubisoft goes bankrupt sometime and JVC reacquires the rights to his franchise. This sounds way too epic. I used to hope the same thing for Ubisoft, but now I've stopped caring. If Ubisoft want to use the Might and Magic label fo...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 12:40

I got the impression that MM8 and 9 didn't go the way that JVC had planned. The plot of 8 would have had a bit more polish and involved the Ancients a little more had JVC had his way, I expect. When you hear him talk about 8 he's always on about his dissatisfaction with the hurried annual release cy...
by MadeOMeat
27 Jun 2013, 12:22

If the departmental budgets are fixed (which I don't think we can be certain of but never mind that) I would prefer that the music department spent the money on hiring King and Romero and make a soundtrack that sounds like Might and Magic. Tavern songs are almost always awful and money won't make th...
by MadeOMeat
24 Jun 2013, 20:36
Topic: Why is MM8 so eerie?
Replies: 66
Views: 33019

Kinda weird. MM8 has always made me feel like at home. I liked the locales a lot. Lately I've been playing MM7 mostly, though, so I have also made a bond with the game. I think the story of 7 is breathtaking and it really is a shame that it didn't get a rightful continuation. Now that I've watched ...
by MadeOMeat
24 Jun 2013, 20:18
Topic: MMX Open Dev Blog
Replies: 8
Views: 6563

Meh. It's a sop. It's all marketing. If they really cared what we thought the game wouldn't be set in Ashan.
by MadeOMeat
24 Jun 2013, 20:13

No, it's very different. Here the central part is the lyrics, back then the central part was the music. Also note that this is MM, not HoMM. In MM, there is a single piece of music with vocals - Song of the Pale Lady, and that is most definitely using voice as an instrument only. I agree with your ...

Go to advanced search