Search found 77 matches

by Wahooka
18 Nov 2014, 06:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Markal and The Invasion Mission
Replies: 55
Views: 31095

Thanks for this advice, but from what I now understand, Markal can ignore all the armies that come through the portal. In other words, once you take the 3 cities and curse them, it doesn't matter if you lose them later on, you've already filled the objective. Therefore, i can just go through the 3 g...
by Wahooka
21 Oct 2014, 20:03

Get the dragons and go through the portal, that should do the trick no matter how many towns you or enemy owns or what date it is. So ever since this thread begun, I could have just ignored Mahhir's troops and gone through the garrisons and then the portal and solved the level? I feel like Dorothy ...
by Wahooka
21 Oct 2014, 04:38

I know you're probably sick of answering my questions, but one more :) I'm at the point in the scenario where I can go through the garrisons and try to complete the mission, but he keeps sending heroes through the portal. At this point, can I just ignore him let him re-take the 3 cities I cursed ? O...
by Wahooka
20 Oct 2014, 17:09

Thanks for answering my question. I will write my own WALKTHROUGH for this level later (think the current walkthrough is seriously flawed), but lets just say that I'm finally near the end after winning a lucky battle, and have one last question: There appears to be some scripting errors that some pe...
by Wahooka
20 Oct 2014, 00:11

I am close to finally solving the INVASION, just got lucky this time around. Can you answer this question about ADVANCED SORCERY? So what is the difference between Advanced Sorcery and just Initiative? Doesn't training ATTACK give you more initiative and more chances to act in battle and cast spells...
by Wahooka
19 Oct 2014, 01:29

REINSTALLED!

Please answer previous few posts if possible.
by Wahooka
14 Oct 2014, 22:11
Topic: Dealing with Might Magic 5 Addiction
Replies: 5
Views: 6050

Is there a way to re-install without the original disk?

I feel like playing again.
by Wahooka
14 Oct 2014, 21:56

Considering re-installing the game, and trying to send Isabel back to Newport from a previously saved game.

Awaiting further suggestions.
by Wahooka
12 Oct 2014, 20:24

I deleted the game in frustration.

Great game, but impossible and addictive is a bad combo.
by Wahooka
12 Oct 2014, 20:23

UPDATE: I sent Isabel to protect Ziyad, as most walkthroughs suggest. The elf army AND the orange army then invaded Lorekeep and Newport, which was undefended. Even if Isabel had remained, she can't defeat 2 large armies by herself. I have declared this game's AI to be unbeatable. Or the margin for ...
by Wahooka
12 Oct 2014, 19:48

Adv. sorcery vs summoning: as usually it depends on situation, but sorcery sounds better for me. It helps to act more often in battle no matter what spellschools you have. So what is the difference between Advanced Sorcery and just Initiative? Doesn't training ATTACK give you more initiative and mo...
by Wahooka
08 Oct 2014, 22:27

Okay, thanks..

Also...

I will take Isabel across the ocean, and leave Newport and Lorekeep undefended.

If this is a mistake, please tell me now before I spend 5 hours doing it :)
by Wahooka
08 Oct 2014, 17:30

Dealing with Might Magic 5 Addiction

For some reason, I have developed a bad MM5 addiction. When I start playing, I tell myself I will only do a few turns, and eventually it turns into a 4-6 hour session. I always want to keep playing and see what the next battle will bring, and what the map will reveal, and if my strategy will work. I...
by Wahooka
08 Oct 2014, 01:37

UPDATE: Its Week 3, Day 5: I have finally landed on the enemy island with Markal and another hero. I spent an extra week taking over some of the smaller islands to gain skeleton archers and dragons and ore mines. I have left Isabel back at Newport while building up Newport for priests, footmen, arch...
by Wahooka
07 Oct 2014, 20:56
Topic: Question about Markal Rising Creatures
Replies: 8
Views: 10133

I finally got around to trying to hold SHIFT KEY down, and dragging stacks.

Didn't work.

If you don't have enough points to raise the entire stack, it won't let you raise part of the stack.

(Unless there is another way to do it)
by Wahooka
07 Oct 2014, 20:53

Take the 3 towns first. As far as i know you will not be able to do anything past the garnisons before that. At least you will not get the third artifact before the first two. Isabel may not die, but in my games she usually needs to retreat, because i am not always able to defend Newport. Isabel ca...
by Wahooka
07 Oct 2014, 17:43

General strategy: in starting area attack all undeads with Markal. I also got some swordmen to join and converted them to spectres in necropolis. Once you can break through the shipyard guards without too much casualties, send Markal to sea and head north. A secondary hero should follow for easier ...
by Wahooka
06 Oct 2014, 23:16

ALSO:

If you could choose between ADVANCED SORCERY or ADVANCED SUMMONING for Markal, which would you choose? (and why?)
by Wahooka
06 Oct 2014, 18:00

I additon to last post. As the walkthrough suggest it may be easier to do this map on higher difficulties because the joining stacks are stronger. 200 spectres by day 3 is good enough to deal with most neutrals and if Markal (and possibly a secondary hero) reach the closest academy town area (no ne...
by Wahooka
06 Oct 2014, 05:05

I've decided to start the mission from scratch. Please tell me what are the main skills and things I should train? I welcome all opinions on this. I guess we decided that destruction magic was a waste of time, right? You seemed to be a big fan of LAST STAND, anything else I should focus on? Also, wh...

Go to advanced search