Search found 9 matches

by Freeloader
24 Feb 2013, 22:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 2 vs Heroes 3 - differences? Heroes 2 or 5 next best?
Replies: 14
Views: 18719

I'll have to give Heroes II a try then. I wasn't sure between Heroes II and Heroes V which to try next. The lack of balance with Heroes IV sounds unappealing.
by Freeloader
11 Feb 2013, 03:58
Topic: Heroes 2 vs Heroes 3 - differences? Heroes 2 or 5 next best?
Replies: 14
Views: 18719

Heroes 2 vs Heroes 3 - differences? Heroes 2 or 5 next best?

I couldn't find a thread on this, and I imagine it is something that the large majority of regular members up here know the answer to. As stated in another thread, I have recently begun playing Heroes 3 and enjoyed it so far. While I will surely keep playing HoMM 3 for a while here, I was looking to...
by Freeloader
10 Feb 2013, 15:26
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35481

Hmm, looks like Castle takes this. If Conflux is included, do people tend to think they are the best? I found Necropolis and Ramparts to be more impressive than the Castle, maybe it was just those games. I honestly thought Tower or Ramparts would be 2nd on this poll when I saw the thread. I was unde...
by Freeloader
10 Feb 2013, 15:18
Topic: Your favorite lvl 5 creature
Replies: 38
Views: 23672

I thought the Minotaurs were supposed to be really boss and damaging, surprised they have so few votes. They look cool too.
by Freeloader
10 Feb 2013, 15:03
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Barbarian
Replies: 69
Views: 34436

I've seen the most success with Crag Hack and Shiva. Then I discovered Crag Hack has been around since the first HoMM and he's basically a boss in the lore, so now I like him even more. So him and Shiva are the two I roll if I can get her to spawn at the tavern. Plus Shiva gives those Thunderbirds a...
by Freeloader
10 Feb 2013, 14:52
Topic: Heroes 3 - New to series, looking for beginner tips
Replies: 20
Views: 36593

More than that - your strategy will differ GREATLY on the map size, difficulty and the map itself you are playing. While you play you should always ask yourself a question - "is this action profitable for me?" (build a capitol or not. Attack the mobs or not. Hire a hero or not) I am quick...
by Freeloader
30 Jan 2013, 15:03

Do the heroes regenerate in the tavern? I haven't even thought to check for that until now, like if they change every week or so. I would think the 350 gold with a hero is such a small amount, you would want the bonus. No? The magic I really haven't looked deeply into at all. All I've read is Earth ...
by Freeloader
30 Jan 2013, 03:06

What generally must be avoided at all costs is the temptation to buy cool high-level creature structures and then run out of money to buy them all. I think that is one of the biggest mistakes I have been making so far, as well as trying furiously to secure a 2nd castle and wasting troops. Rush to g...
by Freeloader
29 Jan 2013, 12:47

Heroes 3 - New to series, looking for beginner tips

Thank gog.com for introducing me to many of these games I skipped over to play FPS games back in the late 90's and early 2000's, I've started with HoMM 3 and gotten friends to play it with me. Few questions I have so far, since beginner Youtube guides are pretty nonexistant and I want to be better t...

Go to advanced search