Search found 11 matches

by forgottenlor
Nov 7 2013, 8:05
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Deathfire and Lords of Xulima on Kickstarter
Replies: 0
Views: 1390

Deathfire and Lords of Xulima on Kickstarter

Both of these games cite Might and Magic as one of their big influences and both are turn based first person party based rpgs. As I love these kinds of games, and figure other Might and Magic fans might as well, I just wanted to give a head's up to anyone who might be interested: http://www.kickstar...
by forgottenlor
Jun 7 2013, 18:06
Forum: News
Topic: MMX Open Dev Blog
Replies: 8
Views: 4407

MMX Open Dev Blog

I think this is a very good idea to get people interested in the game. For me this was the sort of thing lacking. I am a backer of Project:Eternity and Torment, and the fact that the developers of those games give regular input keeps fans interested in the game. I think if Limbic goes this direction...
by forgottenlor
Apr 9 2013, 15:06
Topic: MMX at PAX East: Short Preview
Replies: 17
Views: 7749

I don't know any numbers per say, but if you look at most sold games at either GOG or Gamersgate, LOGR does have a very respectable place comparatively. It also got covered by a lot of websites and got very good reviews, including some RPG of the year awards. In any case it did well enough for Almos...
by forgottenlor
Apr 6 2013, 7:51
Topic: Might & Magic 10
Replies: 101
Views: 34195

In the Ubisoft forums two interviews have been linked from RPG forum and RPG codex which reveal a bit more about the game. For anyone interested:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/76 ... ost9013114
by forgottenlor
Feb 17 2013, 10:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Heroes VI Review
Replies: 45
Views: 22629

CH Heroes VI Review

Good review. Obviously everyone is going to have a different take, but you and others make it clear what you don't and do like. I haven't bought the game, largely due to having an old computer. When I get a new one, I'll probably pick it up. I've played the entire heroes series. I did not like 4, wh...
by forgottenlor
Jan 11 2013, 15:30
Topic: How would you balance MM7 classes?
Replies: 12
Views: 9086

Would making the Ranger a posterboy of diversity, by letting him say master in spear, sword, shield, disarm, and armsmaster make him too powerful? Or would he still be to weak?
by forgottenlor
Jan 9 2013, 19:22
Topic: How would you balance MM7 classes?
Replies: 12
Views: 9086

How would you balance MM7 classes?

If the consensus is that the knight, sorcerer, and cleric are the best classes, how would you balance the others so that they are less disadvantageous to use? For example I was thinking about the Druid. He works fine in MM6, since he can advance as far in elemental magic as the Sorcerer or in self m...
by forgottenlor
Jan 8 2013, 18:13
Topic: Better M&M 7 Dark Party?
Replies: 14
Views: 5507

I figure if I have a combat oriented party, I really only need a few buffs and healing. I'm hoping I can survive not having the luxury of teleporting in and out of combat.
by forgottenlor
Jan 7 2013, 18:04

Just some history here. I've played through MM7, 8 & 9 once (in that order) , and MM6 twice. Here were my parties: MM6 K, P, S, C MM7 K, T, S, C MM8 K, S, C, Dragon, Minotaur MM9, K, C, S, S (one light, one dark) MM6 (again) K, D, C, S So I've always played a cleric and always played a sorcerer,...
by forgottenlor
Jan 6 2013, 17:58

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm thinking of going KMAC, simply because there is less overlap of skills and the Monk can take over disarming traps. MACS also seems interesting. I thought I wanted to try a more melee oriented party though. Since I am taking a monk and he starts with learning, I have...
by forgottenlor
Jan 6 2013, 9:22

Better M&M 7 Dark Party?

I'm looking to replay the game. My first playthrough was with a light party with the default party (Knight-Thief-Sorcerer-Cleric). I've decided on a replay, and want to use a dark party. I also want to use at least 2 different classes. I know I used probably one of the best mixes on my first go thro...

Go to advanced search